House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

southmartin

What Software Powers This Forum

IPB - it costs per year and it is good.

I don't use it on my forum as mine is a community site which has no income stream unlike HPC which makes a mint for it's owners.

I use SMF but have waited years for a full release upgrade and I suspect it will be very dated when (if) it makes it to 2.0 final release.

I'd like to know what web 2.0 style free boards are out there as well as I'd like to migrate off SMF now.

I don't use it on my forum as mine is a community site which has no income stream unlike HPC which makes a mint for it's owners.

I use SMF but have waited years for a full release upgrade and I suspect it will be very dated when (if) it makes it to 2.0 final release.

I'd like to know what web 2.0 style free boards are out there as well as I'd like to migrate off SMF now.

Brilliant thanks

Mods, please lock or delete

Cheers

Is this true though? I mean, by their nature, HPC'ers are tightwads & cynical buggers, Does this site really generate sales for the advertisers? Anyone signed up to gay bear dating or bought a thai wife recently?

Is this true though? I mean, by their nature, HPC'ers are tightwads & cynical buggers, Does this site really generate sales for the advertisers? Anyone signed up to gay bear dating or bought a thai wife recently?

It was in one of the newspapers once. Income was a six-figure sum from the ad traffic or something.

It was in one of the newspapers once. Income was a six-figure sum from the ad traffic or something.

I very much doubt that. You would be amazed at how tricky it can be monetizing a site from Adsense. I've had better results from parked domains! Yes IPB is good, and I think phpBB suffered a fair few security flaws. Also if the OP is considering IPB for clients, you'll need to consider hosting options. At least look for a VPS (Virtual Private Server) for starters rather than a shared hosting account, and there are quiet a few "cloud hosting" solutions around now. A relatively modest forum/blog can use a surprising amount of server resources.

http://business.time...icle5375501.ece

here you are o ye of little faith.

I don't doubt it. HPC is a very successful website. My best website is valued at $10,000 and thats just based on longevity, PR, inlinks etc.. but I earn more than that, per year from it so wouldn't sell at that price.

Websites are the new BTL! :lol: