House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Car Sales Down 13%

New car sales fell in July, the first drop in a year, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders has said.

New car registrations were 136,446 last month, down 13.2% from a year ago, the trade body said, with the end of the car scrappage scheme and the fragility in the economy blamed.

However, so far this year, new car sales remain 15% higher on the same period last year.

The SMMT said it expected more than two million new cars to be sold in 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10878313

New car sales fell in July, the first drop in a year, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders has said.

New car registrations were 136,446 last month, down 13.2% from a year ago, the trade body said, with the end of the car scrappage scheme and the fragility in the economy blamed.

However, so far this year, new car sales remain 15% higher on the same period last year.

The SMMT said it expected more than two million new cars to be sold in 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10878313

Does anybody have any info on how the second hand car market is doing at the moment? Are their sales down as well?

In France,Spain & Italy new car sales are down 26%................i noticed Renualt are selling a good spec 1.6 Megane for £11 K !!!!

Mike

better extend the scrappage scheme to 3 year olds.

and make it £10,000.

and 0% HP.

Phone just went in the office, i pick it up and its...................BMW UK!

They wanted to talk to me or any other directors of the company.........so, BMW the Chariot of choice for the SCUM of the earth can't find buyers...Oh DEAR!

Mike

In France,Spain & Italy new car sales are down 26%................i noticed Renualt are selling a good spec 1.6 Megane for £11 K !!!!

Mike

I can do it for 3k. Just get a Megane bodyshell, and prop it up in the dealership on bricks. You get as much use out of it as any other Renualt (i.e go to the dealer and see that it's still under repair), but for a fraction of the price.

They wanted to talk to me or any other directors of the company.........so, BMW the Chariot of choice for the SCUM of the earth can't find buyers...Oh DEAR!

Mike

just had a mail shot from Toyota...free canapes and a valet for turning up to a deals weekend.

I can do it for 3k. Just get a Megane bodyshell, and prop it up in the dealership on bricks. You get as much use out of it as any other Renualt (i.e go to the dealer and see that it's still under repair), but for a fraction of the price.

Not 100% correct I do get a couple of days usage out of my Laguna between dealer trips.

My local Vauxhall dealer sent me a "Prestigous Event Invitation." On the w/e of 13th - 15th Aug, they're trying to flog off as many used AND new cars as they can prior the new reg.

"the Vauxhall Management Team will be on hand to authorise an extra discount especially for you..." :lol::lol:

They are closing the Showroom to anyone without this 'pass' they sent me, apparently. I'm tempted to see if they mark the prices down to something near reasonable from their usual fanciful.

American ones seem to be doing OK, despite the scrappage effect falling out.

Oh, and theyre all buying 10mpg 6.0 V8 pickup trucks again and dumping the 40mpg Jap crap/eurotrash econoboxes, given that the scrappage encouraged sales of toytown cars i suppose.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/03/by-the-numbers-july-2010-how-soon-we-forget-edition/

I'm tempted to see if they mark the prices down to something near reasonable from their usual fanciful.

I can save you the trip and tell you they won't.

Mike

From Car Dealer Magazine. http://www.cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/bmw-group-posts-692m-profit-in-six-months/40535

BMW Group has recorded a significant jump in earnings, its second quarter results have confirmed.

The manufacturer has reported increases in sales volume, revenue and earnings in the second quarter of 2010 – strong demand for new models and growth in Chinese, American and European markets are the causes.

The Group’s revenue increased by 18.3 per cent to £12.7bn while profits rose from £100.4m in 2009 to an impressive £692.8m so far this year.

The number of vehicles sold from April to June increased too – up 12.5 per cent to 380,412 units.

Chairman Norbert Reithofer said: ‘Sharp sales volume growth on major markets and a high-value model mix are the main reasons for the strong second-quarter performance. We have also used the economic crisis as a source of opportunity and have improved efficiency significantly in all areas of the company.

‘We have made good progress towards achieving our profitability targets for the year. But we have no intention of resting on our laurels.’

Six-month revenues also increased for the Group by 13.5 per cent to £23bn, with the total number of BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce customer deliveries rising to 696,026 units – a 13.1 per cent increase.

The vat raise will make zero difference, just like the vat decrease. Imagine a car at around £12,000. With 17.5% vat it would be £11,750 and £12,000 with 20% vat.

It will make as much difference as these people who are selling property at £215,000 and get no interest, so then put it down to £209,995. ;)

From Car Dealer Magazine. http://www.cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/bmw-group-posts-692m-profit-in-six-months/40535

BMW Group has recorded a significant jump in earnings, its second quarter results have confirmed.

The manufacturer has reported increases in sales volume, revenue and earnings in the second quarter of 2010 – strong demand for new models and growth in Chinese, American and European markets are the causes.

The Group’s revenue increased by 18.3 per cent to £12.7bn while profits rose from £100.4m in 2009 to an impressive £692.8m so far this year.

The number of vehicles sold from April to June increased too – up 12.5 per cent to 380,412 units.

Chairman Norbert Reithofer said: ‘Sharp sales volume growth on major markets and a high-value model mix are the main reasons for the strong second-quarter performance. We have also used the economic crisis as a source of opportunity and have improved efficiency significantly in all areas of the company.

‘We have made good progress towards achieving our profitability targets for the year. But we have no intention of resting on our laurels.’

Six-month revenues also increased for the Group by 13.5 per cent to £23bn, with the total number of BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce customer deliveries rising to 696,026 units – a 13.1 per cent increase.

Doing well ELSEWHERE

Mike

Mike

Mike, get with the programme dude. most arseholes have moved to Audi over the last few years. still plenty in BMW 4x4s mind.

I thought he was being quite racist, my father has always referred to these as "Black Man's Wheels." :ph34r: