House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

at least Dan appears to be against it

link

Is it “far Right” to posit a link between immigration and crime? Can a mainstream political party demand that legal immigrants have their nationality stripped away if they commit certain offences? Can it argue that juvenile offenders should be denied nationality when they reach adulthood? Can it couple such a campaign with proposals to dismantle gipsy camps and expel Roma?

Nicolas Sarkozy borrows Le Pen's language, but backs Brussels

5c02ebb07fea.png

The answer, it seems, depends on whether the party in question supports political integration in Europe.

You can imagine what The Guardian would be saying if one of the Conservatives’ allies in the European Parliament started making such noises. (Actually, you don’t have to imagine: read this for a flavour of how deranged that newspaper has become on the issue). But when it’s Nicolas Sarkozy, that’s different. His party, the UMP, is in the EPP, and so cannot possibly be extreme, for all that it sits alongside a number of parties with anti-American, anti-gypsy, protectionist and homophobic tendencies (see here for a selection).

OK, I give up...where does racism fit into this Lowrentyie...etc.?

Pray tell

political party demand that legal immigrants have their nationality stripped away if they commit certain offences? Can it argue that juvenile offenders should be denied nationality when they reach adulthood? Can it couple such a campaign with proposals to dismantle gipsy camps and expel Roma?

I think what it's saying is that if you're a left wing EU loving hippy, then you can get away with saying stuff that the same left wing would deem racist if a right winger had said it.

That said, who the hell wants the creme de la creme of the immigrant world living in your country? Commit a crime and get booted out, how can anyone argue against that?

I think most people disgruntled over immigration are bothered more by the religious/culture/integration issue than 'race'. Hence the term 'multicultural hellhole'. Certain minority pressure groups try to hijack free speech by deliberatly confusing the two.

Personally i find nothing diverse about having a mosque and church on every street corner. I want to hear the call to prayer in Islamabad, i want to hear church bells ringing in London. Not hordes of burkha wearing Allah god fearing idiots who wish they were back in the Middle East were it not for the money. Thats diversity, that uniqueness. Two different places with two individual personas. Instead culture is getting diluted and mongrelized.

Besides, every single individual ive seen claim to be a roma seems to have a thick irish accent and ginger hair. Anyway, if that film with Julia Roberts brother is to be believed, gypsies think its their god given right to steal. Literally.

I think what it's saying is that if you're a left wing EU loving hippy, then you can get away with saying stuff that the same left wing would deem racist if a right winger had said it.

That said, who the hell wants the creme de la creme of the immigrant world living in your country? Commit a crime and get booted out, how can anyone argue against that?

Depends on the crime. Many honest people get convicted of a crime, they just make a mistake. The judicial system was not really designed for them (people who don't reoffend) but luckily lets most of them get off fairly lightly.

Would be pretty harsh to have your new nationality stripped due to some minor conviction like assault or fraud.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

He's a bit too long in the face to be a good Hitler.

Although he is short and probably a vegetarian.

He's a bit too long in the face to be a good Hitler.

Although he is short and probably a vegetarian.

shortness,vegetarianism,teetotalling,state controlling and anti-smoking seem to be the hallmarks of that rancid festering puss that is fascism.

...I wonder,seing as germany have been through this once already...maybe they have learnt their lesson that lager-louts will win in a battle of ideaologies.

bring on the bourbon I say,because the next monster that reveals himself to the masses as the author of our present legislation,(who is presently hiding in the shadows directing government policy,rather than being overt) is going to be on the receiving end of the biggest @rse-kicking in human history.

..it will be made quite plain,that germany got of extremely lightly...there will be no more repeats.

All very well for non-citizens, but I think the point is that this would apply to naturalised citizens, or youngsters of foreign parentage who would once automatically had citizenship rights by virtue of being born on French soil.

It is a rascist proposal because a "proper" Frenchman committing the same crimes, would not be subject to the same sanctions.

I don't think it's for a government to justify why it is attempting to prevent foreign criminals from gaining a passport or to impose a probationary period as part of granting citizenship. I think it's for the detractors of this policy to explain why they think it's a fantastic idea to hand out passports to serious offenders.

In the last ten years the number of foreign nationals in prison has doubled and now represents over 14% of the total male prison population in England and Wales. 21% of female prisoners are foreign nationals. Let's give 'em all a passport when they get out!

Would be pretty harsh to have your new nationality stripped due to some minor conviction like assault or fraud.

Is it? It is quite common in Asia. HK you need to live and work in HK for 5 years before you can apply for the permanant residence, if you commit a crime in these 5 years you automatically exclude yourself from eligibility. There is some sort of cooling off period afterwards too.

Korea same thing, you commit any crime while in the 4 year period you need to live there you are put on the next plane out. Korea has some funny things too in that it is always the foriegners fault, thus you can find on many ESL boards which advise if you get into a fight lie there and take the beating if you fight back the Koreans will lie and say you hit them first and YOU'LL be deported.

I think most people disgruntled over immigration are bothered more by the religious/culture/integration issue than 'race'. Hence the term 'multicultural hellhole'. Certain minority pressure groups try to hijack free speech by deliberatly confusing the two.

Personally i find nothing diverse about having a mosque and church on every street corner. I want to hear the call to prayer in Islamabad, i want to hear church bells ringing in London. Not hordes of burkha wearing Allah god fearing idiots who wish they were back in the Middle East were it not for the money. Thats diversity, that uniqueness. Two different places with two individual personas. Instead culture is getting diluted and mongrelized.

...and deliberately conflating the two.

Good post Sadman: +1.

I don't think it's for a government to justify why it is attempting to prevent foreign criminals from gaining a passport or to impose a probationary period as part of granting citizenship. I think it's for the detractors of this policy to explain why they think it's a fantastic idea to hand out passports to serious offenders.

In the last ten years the number of foreign nationals in prison has doubled and now represents over 14% of the total male prison population in England and Wales. 21% of female prisoners are foreign nationals. Let's give 'em all a passport when they get out!

Indeed - what are the total overheads\costs to us of importing criminals, and what sane nation would willingly support that policy? I fervently hope that the ConDems will do something about this situation, brought about deliberately by the wanton political-correctness of the Labour party.