House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Concrete Jungle

Gold Roars Back Towards $1200

Gold rose above $1,190 an ounce in Europe on Wednesday[/ url]

Spot gold rose to a high of $1,197.05 an ounce, its strongest since July 23, and was bid at $1,196.15 an ounce at 1141 GMT (7:41 a.m. EDT) versus $1,185.35 late in New York on Tuesday. U.S. gold futures for December delivery rose $10.90 to $1,198.40.
Weak U.S. consumer spending and housing data in recent days have fueled speculation the U.S. Federal Reserve may further loosen monetary policy at its August 10 meeting. This may favor gold, which tends to benefit from a looser economic policy.

On the currency markets, the dollar fell toward a 15-year low against the yen

My linkDollar nears 15-year low

Quick sell your USD and buy gold. :rolleyes:

Spot gold rose to a high of $1,197.05 an ounce, its strongest since July 23

10 days is hardly a long time frame to start reeling out emotives terms like "strongest since"

Guest spp

Not really bothered with it going up TBH.

It's just RB's drivel at every little drop that sets us off.

He's been wrong on Gold for years,but does he admit it??

Anyway...show me the Silver (physical).

Gold's going to $1050, even if the dollar is weak.

Can't believe I just said that on HPC.

*Ducks for cover*

Gold will crash--and sooner than many expect.

*Ducks for cover too*

:ph34r::blink:B);):)

*Ducks for cover too*

And if you could just mention the restaurant you'll be eating at this evening, I know a few people who'd be interested in "meeting" you for a "discussion".

And if you could just mention the restaurant you'll be eating at this evening, I know a few people who'd be interested in "meeting" you for a "discussion".

The guy is a comedy genius, he was probably running round telling everyone the Nasdaq was going to crash from 95 onwards and acting smug in 2001,

Based on his timing everything is going to crash and hes right because you can pretty much guarantee that every asset class ever bought will crash at some time betwenn now and Doomsday

Its all noise. If it's above $1000, I couldn't give a damn. Anyone remember the volatility 2005-7? This is nothing.

If it dropped into the $600s again, I would worry for about 6 hours. And then buy a whole, shedload more.

I've made a 15% gain mucking about trading silver over the last couple of months - buy mid $17s... sell mid $18s... do that a few times and bobs yer uncle. Beats having a crappy pension scheme and paying for some white-nostrilled trader's retirement.

Silver has huge potential - sold a lot of Gold to buy it.

Guest spp

*Ducks for cover too*

Good!

That means we get the paper fraudsters out of the way.

How many years have you been wrong on Gold??? CGNAO must me laughing his teets off at you right about now.

Give us some negative Physical Silver news RB...I would really like to offload some of this paper at a cheaper price B)

Good!

That means we get the paper fraudsters out of the way.

How many years have you been wrong on Gold??? CGNAO must me laughing his teets off at you right about now.

Give us some negative Physical Silver news RB...I would really like to offload some of this paper at a cheaper price B)

Check the date he joined. That long.

Guest spp

Check the date he joined. That long.

Gold Jan 4th 2005 - $427.75 oz :rolleyes:

Edited by spp

*Ducks for cover too*

Hi RealistBear

I'm intrigued by your persistent warnings about gold. Would you mind explaining the reason you expect gold to crash? Jim Sinclair has predicted ever wilder volatility in the price of gold as it rises (according to his predictions) but his case for holding gold as insurance against another fiat currency failure looks pretty reasonable to me.

Half an hour of inactivity. No replies. Are you all just digesting my last comment, ignoring it or have I simply killed the thread?

Just stunned. Never seen anyone commit suicide in public before.

Hi RealistBear

I'm intrigued by your persistent warnings about gold. Would you mind explaining the reason you expect gold to crash?

RB is a dollar bull, plus he's been making these predictions for all of gold's current bull run. To change tack now would involve loss of face.