House Price Crash Forum

Bbc News Fail To Mention Halifax Release

HOLA441

Not a single mention of the Halifax 0.6% July ris on the 1 o'clock news.

BP, Pakistan, Lloyds, Yorkshire Ripper appeal, GPs and maternity, cloned meat, even 5 minutes on the new Aviva stadium in Dublin.

Have they a new editor? Or maybe, as I feel, they do not have as many VIs as many think and used to be under the impression that people wanted to hear HPI as 'good news' to balance all the death and destruction.

Or are the new No. 10 crew putting on the pressure. "Sssh, let the prices drop, if you report rises, we won't get the controlled fall we need."

HOLA442

Not a single mention of the Halifax 0.6% July ris on the 1 o'clock news.

BP, Pakistan, Lloyds, Yorkshire Ripper appeal, GPs and maternity, cloned meat, even 5 minutes on the new Aviva stadium in Dublin.

Have they a new editor? Or maybe, as I feel, they do not have as many VIs as many think and used to be under the impression that people wanted to hear HPI as 'good news' to balance all the death and destruction.

Or are the new No. 10 crew putting on the pressure. "Sssh, let the prices drop, if you report rises, we won't get the controlled fall we need."

The 0.6% on the other thread? I thought that was a prediction, not Halifax's actual number unless it's come out since. I thought it came out tomorrow.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

If you had ever worked in the BBC you would be aware that August is like school hols - most people are probably in their second or third homes on holiday.

Some 'heated' phone calls this evening from Justin / Lucinda to their temp stand in editor Nigel then?

"What do you mean, you thought it wasn't important, or a blip? You aren't paid to think!"

Edited by deflation

HOLA447
HOLA448

They also managed to get on some old white guy convicted of disability benefit fraud, on national lunchtime news for goodness sake. There seem to be dozens of post-1997 immigrant fraud cases in the printed press every day. BBC never seems to see fit to feature them for some reason, even on local news. Odd.

What's the guys skin color got to do with anything? If its with reference to immigration then are you not aware that many immigrants are indeed white?

HOLA449

If you had ever worked in the BBC you would be aware that August is like school hols - most people are probably in their second or third homes on holiday.

Quite. I remember when the Tsunami hit Thailand I was quite surprised at the number of BBC reporters who were on holiday there. I think the senior staff at the BBC share a similar working patern to politicians. Well, when I say working you know what I mean........

HOLA4410

What's the guys skin color got to do with anything? If its with reference to immigration then are you not aware that many immigrants are indeed white?

You better ask the BBC that. I would have thought its fairly obvious the BBC deems white benefit fraudsters national lunchtime newsworthy and non-white ones not so.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412