House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Denile

denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

No really we're still in denial.

There's no problem with the economy, house prices are going back up, beach huts are selling, the banks are making profits. Everything is dicticty boo.

House prices too expensive? What dear? Who me dear? I don't think so dear? How very dare you!

I do believe the big black sharks are lurking though still and that it's all going to come crashing down sometime soon.

However I think this is where we'll get another false start ... the genuine belief by the few that things are going to get better and we can go back to spend £50 a week on a manicure, £40 topping up the tan and £300 a week on new clothes all on a minimum wage salary.

Some people here are wanting to buy - if the time is right and you're not overstretching yourself then why not? You might be throwing money away, but heck you won't be the first.

What the trigger for the collaspe? Peak oil? Interest rates going up 0.00001%? It'll be something tiny and inconsequential I'm sure... something we've not thought of...

I agree, the general mood is on the up (that won't last), but I still can't see how ALL those wanting to commit financial suicide and buy an overpriced shithole now will be able to raise the finance with a few grand CC debt and nil deposit. That's the majority of potential purchasers.

I think hope will fade fast now, once we into winter they see the truth..........next year the cuts will be hurting & money printing starting up inflation process.............YUM!

Mike

The UK is continuing with extend and pretend... Even the austerity seems to be pretend... I'll believe in the cuts when I see them...

We seem to think we are different and won't follow the same path as America into hell. Personally I think our path will be much worse given the fact we have hobbled ourselves with high house prices. People won't have money to invest and spend in the economy to form a real recovery as they'll be throwing the lot into a 2-bed slave box while living on a diet of £1 box-of-crud meals from Iceland.

Welcomes to slavesville...

The UK is continuing with extend and pretend... Even the austerity seems to be pretend... I'll believe in the cuts when I see them...

We seem to think we are different and won't follow the same path as America into hell. Personally I think our path will be much worse given the fact we have hobbled ourselves with high house prices. People won't have money to invest and spend in the economy to form a real recovery as they'll be throwing the lot into a 2-bed slave box while living on a diet of £1 box-of-crud meals from Iceland.

Welcomes to slavesville...

Public sector staff cuts seem to be of the same type as the Greek Bailout.

There's no problem with the economy, house prices are going back up, beach huts are selling, the banks are making profits. Everything is dicticty boo.

House prices too expensive? What dear? Who me dear? I don't think so dear? How very dare you!

I do believe the big black sharks are lurking though still and that it's all going to come crashing down sometime soon.

However I think this is where we'll get another false start ... the genuine belief by the few that things are going to get better and we can go back to spend £50 a week on a manicure, £40 topping up the tan and £300 a week on new clothes all on a minimum wage salary.

Some people here are wanting to buy - if the time is right and you're not overstretching yourself then why not? You might be throwing money away, but heck you won't be the first.

What the trigger for the collaspe? Peak oil? Interest rates going up 0.00001%? It'll be something tiny and inconsequential I'm sure... something we've not thought of...

Half right.

That we remain in denial. Though it really is more of a silent hope. The media are in you can't be serious mode, as ever. In millions of homes however its I hope house prices stay up, I hope I keep my high-paying job, I hope the cuts don;t affect me, I hope my BTL stays +ve etc I have no pension.

It will not be IRs. It has already started. It is all about the public sector. HPs were up in H2 09 but not H1 10. And they wil, fall from here to 2012/13 and maybe 14.

Then there will be QE which will get ConLib thru' election, just. Then it'll start all over again. Not necessarily big nominal HPC again but certainly at best lower than rises than RPI. Thus, real HPC until 2025-30.

:blink:

Maybe you should stick to online Poker?