House Price Crash Forum
Crashman Begins

Crashman Has Left It Late & Is Now Selling Up

Wish you all the best.

I first came on here in 2006 and thought about selling. I sat on the idea for about a year then ultimately made a decision to sell. Sold in summer of 2007. Whatever happens once you've made your decision just stand by it, right or wrong.

Good luck. All I can say is in a slow market you need to have a bit of patience.

Many will try and spook you into lowering your price. No. Leave it on there and then if it is on for a year say with no interest, increase it another 5%. That'll spook the bears and make them depressed and resigned to their fate. It's psycholgical warfare out there. Take no prisoners. Grrrr!! (practice that in front of the mirror - you ARE a winner!)

Good advice, you may be expecting prices to fall but a lot of people read the Express. They're expecting prices to SOAR!

One enquiry, gotta keep tidying / making it presentable :unsure:

I know its easy for the rest of us to give advice that will 'cost you money', but it would be fabulous if you manage to put it on for a little above realistic, get some viewings and then make a sensible reduction to stimulate viewings and sale.

It would prove a lot of people on here right and make them very happy.

But most of all... I really, really hope a strong chain forms with no dreamers or nasties in it so that the sale goes through.

One thing I can say a a keen photographer - make sure the photos are well composed, lit and adjusted properly in photoshop. I saw some details yesterday where the garden shot had a open wheelie bin taking centre stage and indoor shots of exquisitely depressing gloom.

The websites of the big builders or high end EAs are good places to see the look your photos need.

One enquiry, gotta keep tidying / making it presentable :unsure:

Freshly brewed coffee smell, newly baked bread, twigs in vases, shiny pebbles in dishes. Give 'em the works....

Freshly brewed coffee smell, newly baked bread, twigs in vases, shiny pebbles in dishes. Give 'em the works....

Greying walls hinting at damp, musty smell with grease in kitchen and something else in bathroom, decor showing its age, ill-fitting windows, ancient-looking plumbing, 1950s power-points, knackered furniture.

Then they won't think you're trying to hoodwink them with snake-oil. <_<

Wish you all the best.

I first came on here in 2006 and thought about selling. I sat on the idea for about a year then ultimately made a decision to sell. Sold in summer of 2007. Whatever happens once you've made your decision just stand by it, right or wrong.

You sold in Summer 2007...?

Good luck.

Its tough out there but some people do sell - my mate sold his place to a cash buyer within a week.

Other friends are now getting no viewers after months on the market, nice area, lovely flat. However, 5 up for sale on the same street and a neighbour has just dropped his asking price by 10k, so its just a race to the bottom now.

I wish you well.

Edited by Mancghirl

Had a viewing last week and managed to sell !!!!!

:)

It's like getting blood from a stone isn't it?

Was it priced to sell? How close to asking price did you accept? How much negotiation was there?

let's hope they can get a mortgage....don't be afraid to cut the price to keep the deal on the road.seems very likely you'll be able to buy it back cheaper in a couple of years.

Nah they didnt need a mortgage, a couple grand cash in hand did the trick , so yeah she was priced well to keep the deal on the road :lol:

Time to find a more economical CAR now :P plus newer ones are coming down in price pretty quickly now.

More funds to add to my precious metal / 1st time buyer deposit fund B)

Edited by Crashman Begins

Nah they didnt need a mortgage, a couple grand cash in hand did the trick , so yeah she was priced well to keep the deal on the road :lol:

Time to find a more economical CAR now :P plus newer ones are coming down in price pretty quickly now.

Congrats.

Not sure you can get away with being a FTB again though :lol:

A bit of advice, look around at everything else in the area that is similar and ask a cheaper price.

Do not feel yours is worth extra because there is a nicer view or the kitchen worktop is limited edition or the paint on the walls was mixed by virgins. A surveyor mainly looks at bricks, square footage and bad points like traffic, pylons, etc.

LOL, funny how she/he is used for cars and some other modes of transport but not houses, you'd have thought with the emotional attachment to housing that people display they would impose a gender to them, afaik they don't.

A bit of advice, look around at everything else in the area that is similar and ask a cheaper price.

Do not feel yours is worth extra because there is a nicer view or the kitchen worktop is limited edition or the paint on the walls was mixed by virgins. A surveyor mainly looks at bricks, square footage and bad points like traffic, pylons, etc.

Thanks,

I sold mine based on how rare a model she was.. :P now awaiting a crash in 2005/2006 models as they are more economical :)