House Price Crash Forum
postmi

Uk Housing Market Update August 2010

Now THAT is the type of agent I want to be dealing with when I come to buy !

Comes across a bit slimy, but he's got his head screwed on all right.

I honestly think agents aren't that dozy. They know that they need turnover. It does't take a genius to figure out that 3x £100K sales gives more commision than 1x £120K sale. The problem is they are fighting against the sellers, the MSM and their own previous propaganda, at least to date.

All agents are having to work hard attempting to realign the sellers expectations given the lack of buyers. Remember less than a year ago agents were fighting tooth and nail for instructions because there were no sellers. Now they have volume they can't sell. So now they move into a position where they have to work on the sellers.

What this guy says is exactly the case in my area. Sales are poor. Prices are too high. The sellers control the market, and if they drop their prices enough to be ahead of the curve they will sell.

The next few months should be good for HPCers.

I honestly think agents aren't that dozy. They know that they need turnover. It does't take a genius to figure out that 3x £100K sales gives more commision than 1x £120K sale. The problem is they are fighting against the sellers, the MSM and their own previous propaganda, at least to date.

All agents are having to work hard attempting to realign the sellers expectations given the lack of buyers. Remember less than a year ago agents were fighting tooth and nail for instructions because there were no sellers. Now they have volume they can't sell. So now they move into a position where they have to work on the sellers.

What this guy says is exactly the case in my area. Sales are poor. Prices are too high. The sellers control the market, and if they drop their prices enough to be ahead of the curve they will sell.

The next few months should be good for HPCers.

LOL... I have had 3 hand delivered mails in the last 7 days from local estate agents saying, that they recently sold a property in in this area and buyers lining up to buy them......

Funny as at least 6 houses in spitting distance (Same spec'ish) from mine are up for sale! and looking at rightmove, some that had those houses up at at +400K 3 years ago are now only looking for sub £300K....

2 have dropped from over £325K down to £279k in 6 months, and all this just 40 mins from the sacred cow that is Central London.

Might get them round to give me a valuation price..But I have a feeling it might be low....AS nuffin is shifting and as said in previous post, The EA game isn't about mark-up it is about turnover!

Right now turnover is flat and 'Sold' boards are coming down as quick as new agents 'For Sale' boards are going up! On the same houses.

That screams..... Deluded sellers and managing sellers expected prices vs getting a deal is what being a good EA is all about! (Hence all the fluff about being a sellers market...Like they give a hoot...they need turnover and turnover is dead...Thx to Tightened lending criteria, and higher deposits)

Just wish I had STR in 2007, and dumped the lot into JPY or GLD...Ho hum, At least we still have a home and a small mortgage (Aka Life Debt)....And a Job!...For now at least.

Edited by Yoss

The most active EA near me is letter-boxing flyers which start 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going...'

First local EA to admit the going is 'tough'...

Had dealings with this guy in the past. For an EA not a bad chap.

Still, anybody can buy and sell homes you don't need an EA, they just get in the way ;)