House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Are Secretly A Soap Fan?

I bet some of you actually watch Hollyoaks for the storylines, rather than just for growing ever hairier palms...

Guest Skinty

Can't vote no because it won't accept not answering any of the options from the second question.

Can't vote no because it won't accept not answering any of the options from the second question.

I've added N/A, so hopefully you now can.. Bloody polls.. I've cocked the title up as well..bugger...

Definite no these days.

Over time I have watched / listened to in descending order of frequency:

The Archers

Brookside

Neighbours (early days)

Eastenders (early days)

If I have watched any in the last 5 years it's through politeness because I'm with somebody who watches soaps.

The good wife watches Coronation Street and has recently started to watch Eastenders again. She uses Sky+ and watches them when I am not about. They depress me.

I also do not like my kids watching soaps.

i used to be a big fan of the australian soaps, in my w@nking days. here are some of the antipodean tarts who wrecked my eyesight over the years.

Chloe from home and away

shapeimage_2.jpg

Flick from Neighbours

Holly_Valance_709669a.jpg

Annalise from Neighbours (or Analize as we used to call her)

2538-13.jpg

Sally from home and away

KR_080401103605475_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

Bea from cell block H

beasmith.jpg

I watch a load of them.

So do most of you, but you'll deny it - even though nobody knows who you are.

:lol: I still don`t know who shot JR

I watched Eastenders and Brookside in the early days,when they had some interesting storylines(Brookside had the body under the patio,Barry Grant's gangster connections,the scally Jimmy Corkhill blagging his way into a teaching job,and a young Jennifer Ellison in her schoolgirl outfit) Eastenders had Nick Cotton,the Mitchell brothers gangland fights,and a good sub-plot when Mike Butcher's(?)daughter lived on the streets.Nowadays just watch Coronation Street,and have done since 1976! Lots of the scenes remind me of Alan Bennett's writing.I miss Blanche's one-liners,and some of the conversations are positively surreal(Graeme's in particular.)