House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

Breastfeeding

Breast is definitely best. women have forgotten how to pass down the knowledge. I mean when was formula milk first introduced!

In an interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, she said: "I think breastfeeding really helped [me keep my figure]. Photoshop is what helps these women keep their figure.

There is truth in this. The feeding actually helps your stomach muscles contract and anyone who's breastfed, particularly with the more you have would feel this from the awful afterpains. Also you have to consume slightly more calories when breastfeeding and it makes you thirsty as hell. Gives you a lovely relaxed feeling afterwards though.

Breast is definitely best. women have forgotten how to pass down the knowledge. I mean when was formula milk first introduced!

My mother actively encouraged me to bottlefeed my babies and seeing as I relied so much on her advice with my first really wish she had been pro-breastfeeding and offered more support instead of putting forward some of the drawbacks.

Gisele whats her face should stick to what she does best, looking cute and preferably keeping her stupid trap shut.

Vacuous silly cow.

surely promoting breast feeding is a good thing?

Having just been through it (or the missus has) then there are a number of themes:

1. Don't want to cos want to go back to drinking wine/snorting coke/living the bling/whore life again.

2. Hubby wants to be "more involved" (ie: metrosexual, bearded, manbag & iphone carrying divvies) and so they bottle feed so he can do midnight feeds or whatever.

3. Try to b/f but give up as it hurts (of course it fackin does for a few days/weeks, you got to show some commitment).

4. Manages to b/f but to fit in with lifestyle, expresses the milk, cocks up the supply feedback cycle and stops.

5. b/f baby, no fancy schmancy consumerist crap and let nature do it's thing.

My wife breastfed our 2, it's great.

Aside from the fact that it's how it's meant to be done it makes life a lot easier not having to sterilise and traipse all the gear around with you that bottlefeeding requires.

Guest X-QUORK

3. Try to b/f but give up as it hurts (of course it fackin does for a few days/weeks, you got to show some commitment).

My wife went through excrutiating mental and physical pain trying to breastfeed our son. After two weeks she had to stop, but believe me she tried her bloody hardest.

Once your cracked nipples have bled constantly for two weeks I'll give your views a little more weight on the subject.

My wife went through excrutiating mental and physical pain trying to breastfeed our son. After two weeks she had to stop, but believe me she tried her bloody hardest.

Once your cracked nipples have bled constantly for two weeks I'll give your views a little more weight on the subject.

It always amazes me how shit nature is. Giving birth, presumably the most natural thing in the world, apparently hurts - a lot, feeding the little buggers hurts - a lot by the sounds of it, raising them is like 18 years of torture.

Mother nature is a *****.

It always amazes me how shit nature is. Giving birth, presumably the most natural thing in the world, apparently hurts - a lot, feeding the little buggers hurts - a lot by the sounds of it, raising them is like 18 years of torture.

Well if we are to believe in Karma and Hinduism - these birds are getting it because they deserve it.

Mother nature giving it tight to mothers all over nature. Those birds can be vicious.

:)

A friend of ours was thoroughly exhausted from breast feeding... until the health visitor/midwife pointed out the sheer number of calories required. She was told to not worry about eating quite so healthily, and to eat a few chocolate bars.

Hubby returned from the shops with a carrier bag of choccy bars, and all was well with the world.

After the stuff last week about how you mustn't eat for two when you're pregnant, it wouldn't hurt for people to hear the "but you can eat for two when you're breastfeeding" message. Chocolate and cheesy mash all the way!

If you're breastfeeding & it hurts then there's probably something wrong (thrush infection, bad latch, all sorts of possibilities). So I'm told anyway...

If you're breastfeeding & it hurts then there's probably something wrong (thrush infection, bad latch, all sorts of possibilities). So I'm told anyway...

Okay - I apologise to mother nature. I'm a bad man. Still think i have a point with the agonising child birth though. Although I reckon chicks make a ******ing meal out of it.

Just kidding ladies.

Guest X-QUORK

I'll let the missus know she was just being incompetent then.

Oh, and the Health Care visitors and nurses. Morons.

I'll let the missus know she was just being incompetent then.

Oh, and the Health Care visitors and nurses. Morons.

Gisywhatsherface superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmodel also claims that her child could use the potty at six months.

Another claim, eight hours of labour and giving birth was painless. Maybe it was, but it was wasted on her. She just needs a dose of reality and a bloody good kick up the backside.

Many women don't have an easy time of it.

Leonardo Di Caprio was right to get shut of this gobsh!te.

Gisywhatsherface superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmodel also claims that her child could use the potty at six months.

Another claim, eight hours of labour and giving birth was painless. Maybe it was, but it was wasted on her. She just needs a dose of reality and a bloody good kick up the backside.

Many women don't have an easy time of it.

Leonardo Di Caprio was right to get shut of this gobsh!te.

Not really her fault. One of lifes beautiful people, from that moment in Mcdonalds when the agent spotted her everything has been easy. Coupled with not being a rocket scientist, you can't expect her to have much understanding of other peoples difficulties. Mind you she could at least keep her mouth shut.

Breastfeeding, unfortunately does not work for everyone. My wife had some initial problems but a few days in and it was fine. Didn't hurt and happily did it for 7 months. We do have a friend who did it for 18 months which in my opinion is icky.

It is true, breastfeeding helps you lose weight. IIRC it requires about 1,000 calories a day.

Also correlated with the sprog not getting fat in later life.

That is to say, those who are not breast-fed are substantially more likely to suffer obesity.

2 years is best, apparently. It's a shame that many parents are so keen to tell others how great their child is because they were weaned at 3 or 4 months, they really lose on some of the health benefits.

Vanity is a significant motive in stopping the breastfeeding in many cases. Mothers aren't what they used to be.

:P

Runs for cover....

2 years is best, apparently. It's a shame that many parents are so keen to tell others how great their child is because they were weaned at 3 or 4 months, they really lose on some of the health benefits.

It's generally a shame that parents feel the need to tell others anything about raising children without being asked.