House Price Crash Forum
buytoilet

Forex Calendar Predicting Halifax Hpi -0.4%

Forex are predicting that Halifax HPI will be -0.4% lower this month and as they have been way out over the last 4 months we may see an even bigger drop.

I think the report comes out 7am Thursday

Edited by buytoilet

RB will be intolerable if this is true

That will be a small price to pay :lol:

But 4%? has the decimal point slipped or could it finally be good news time?.

Predicted to be -0.4

Capture.JPG

FFS, this place goes from bad to worse.

EDIT: The predicted fall is actually lower than last month's actual fall.

post-5321-12808452203647_thumb.jpg

Edited by twatmangle

Or is it a we expected -4% and got -2% so things are not as bad as we thought :D

If it's -4% I'll gladly eat my hat. -2 would be crash cruise speed, but -4 might need a different term altogather.

Fingers crossed though.

edit:

pesky decimal points..........

Edited by Mr Ben

Predicted to be -0.4

Capture.JPG

FFS, this place goes from bad to worse.

EDIT: The predicted fall is actually lower than last month's actual fall.

Sorry everyone it should be -0.4%

Last month Forex predicted +0.6%

So we could get a whole 1% drop this month

Edited by buytoilet

It's -0.4% always has been. Nothing to see here.

Going my the difference between Halifax and nationwide over the last few months Halifax would be -1.2% which would be lovely :) I think we may get something approaching 1%

RB will be intolerable if this is true

I started to think some real action was coming our way with a 4% MOM drop. But, alas, I see its another insignificant fractional drop.

I will get a bit more excited when we start seeing some whole number drops.

That all said, they are down 10% around here!

It's -0.4% always has been. Nothing to see here.

Going my the difference between Halifax and nationwide over the last few months Halifax would be -1.2% which would be lovely :) I think we may get something approaching 1%

Would be nice and very welcome, but I think we'll have to wait a little before we see -1% - would be surprised if this month showed -1% but hopefully in the very near short term. Give a bit of time for the bad news to kick in (and sink in)

Would be nice and very welcome, but I think we'll have to wait a little before we see -1% - would be surprised if this month showed -1% but hopefully in the very near short term. Give a bit of time for the bad news to kick in (and sink in)

Year on year negative is when it will start feeding on itself, IMHO. But -1% or greater would be excellent at this point. If we start seeing that before the spending review and new year it would indicate things getting extremely brutal fairly soon.

The interesting thing to look at will be how they revise last months figures in order to help massage this months!

Yep.

In the late 80s I was visiting a pal and some twit DJ on the local radio got all excited because Reading House prices were up 5% that month. That's an APR of 79.6%.

Also:

Land Registry latest statistical release -

"Merthyr Tydfil had the most significant monthly price fall

during June with a movement of -8.7 per cent."

If regional drops of this order spread with -1% to -3% in many places as well, then a national MOM of approaching -4% seems entirely possible.

However a National drop of that magnitude would cause mass panic, so if it does happen the govt. will order the Registry and all the other stats providers to spread the drop over 3 months.

If that still gives panic-inducing numbers expect 'technical difficulties'.

Sadly with housing equity at 61% of national wealth the govt. is forced to do whatever it can to prevent a sudden loss of confidence amongst the public and foreign investors.

What kind of stupid country lets housing become 61% of its gross asset value FFS?

What a bunch of muppets.