House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bulboy

Flexibility Of Desire

How flexible the Fixed price is? Discuss

Why would someone put this kind of statement in such circumstances? Or the Offers in excess. I though its better to get an offer to taste the market (you can always say no) rather than putting in excess of.

I look at such properties and go past but really have the urge to place a lower bid.

May do it when ready to plunge in the market ;) but not yet.

LINK - use property bee

When my place was marketed the Estate Agent recommended, since the market was tending down, to set a low price and use the 'offers in excess of' pricing. It didn't work as buyers just offered lower than the price quoted as I suspect they will with a 'fixed price' deal, especially now the market is looking iffy again.

At the end of the day a place is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that someone is the buyer. The seller can fantasise about whatever price he or she wishes :lol:

Added - I missed the link. That is one jaded history there. It is a clean looking house but certainly nothing special for the price and the fact it's gone STC twice means the sellers should be anxious to complete at a reasonable price - £120k tops I'd say in today's market. Give it 6 months and they'll probably be lucky to get even that ;)

Edited by MrFlibble

According to Zoopla, houses on that street were selling for £30-45k in 1995. The UK median wage is up about 60-70% since that time.

Hoping for something different when I opened this thread.

Looking for Russian gymnasts?

;)

Whoops. Put the dinner in the oven, came back and double posted!

Edited by pyracantha