House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Published By The Cebr/odpm?

HOLA441

I am sure, a while back that I used to look at historic house price information published by the Centre of Economic and Business Research. I think the same info was later published by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. I can't seem to find it at the moment though, does anyone know where I can find this information?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Thanks - are there any opinions on what is the best data set to use if you want a good overview of historical house price values?

Use which ever matches your view I say! :rolleyes:

Nationwide goes back a long way, well before the last recession.

For the past decade or so, you really have to look at them all and create an opinion from that.

However, avoid Rightmove and Hometrack.

See my sig for links; although it's no longer updated. It does show the crash was 20% with the Nationwide and 22% with the Halifax!

HOLA445

Use which ever matches your view I say! :rolleyes:

Nationwide goes back a long way, well before the last recession.

For the past decade or so, you really have to look at them all and create an opinion from that.

However, avoid Rightmove and Hometrack.

See my sig for links; although it's no longer updated. It does show the crash was 20% with the Nationwide and 22% with the Halifax!

Thanks - can I ask what your reasoning is for avoiding Rightmove and Hometrack data?

I downloaded the Nationwide data and created a graph in excel - does anyone know where I can find year by year or even quartley average earnings data so that I can superimpose a line on the graph for that?