House Price Crash Forum

What's It Worth

HOLA441
HOLA442

This is on for £275,000.

Seeing this made me feel quite depressed,i feel this sort of property should be given away.

BS :(

Luckily places of worship are close by,you might need them.

Prime Central location that Edgeware, £275k looks good value to me... If theres a few going i might pick up 1 for myself and a couple for BTL.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Actually, that's not bad value for Edgware in today's market. Where it'll be in a year or so, who knows...

It'll be less. At 10x the national average income for a 2 bed flat, it is surprising anyone wants to live there. But I suppose people who have fooled themselves into thinking they are wealthy because the £ number attached to their bricks and mortar is high, think it's alright.

HOLA447
HOLA448

House price psychology is a strange thing. Family selling a house. 50k overpriced as far as I am concerned. The fact that despite 3 viewings, no offers have been forthcoming. One would think this should serve as a hint. Each time I suggest we reduce the price to an elder, it is met with a stony silence, and lots of reasons given why the house is worth more than the others. When I return from my holidays, if there has been no movement, I am going to insist it is reduced. I hope to have the the backing of some key family members by then who at the moment, agree with me, but don't want to be undermining. Being lower down the sibling hierarchy does not help! :rolleyes::( I mean, what do I know?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

House price psychology is a strange thing. Family selling a house. 50k overpriced as far as I am concerned. The fact that despite 3 viewings, no offers have been forthcoming. One would think this should serve as a hint. Each time I suggest we reduce the price to an elder, it is met with a stony silence, and lots of reasons given why the house is worth more than the others. When I return from my holidays, if there has been no movement, I am going to insist it is reduced. I hope to have the the backing of some key family members by then who at the moment, agree with me, but don't want to be undermining. Being lower down the sibling hierarchy does not help! :rolleyes::( I mean, what do I know?

Good news. We have agreed to reduce the price by 30k (family member initially suggested 10k :ph34r::rolleyes::unsure: I mean.....what would the point be??). The EA was very happy when he received the call instructing a reduction. He stated that it is so unusual for a vendor to request a price reduction. He went onto say that broaching reductions with vendors was a difficult thing as usually they are extremely resistant :) EA now reckons it will sell soon. Funny that as it was his firm (colleague) who valued it at the original ridiculous price a few weeks ago. Still think the market value is about 20k or more less.

On a side note, I have been told "we are not giving it away!!!" :lol::huh::unsure:

HOLA4411

Good news. We have agreed to reduce the price by 30k (family member initially suggested 10k :ph34r::rolleyes::unsure: I mean.....what would the point be??). The EA was very happy when he received the call instructing a reduction. He stated that it is so unusual for a vendor to request a price reduction. He went onto say that broaching reductions with vendors was a difficult thing as usually they are extremely resistant :) EA now reckons it will sell soon. Funny that as it was his firm (colleague) who valued it at the original ridiculous price a few weeks ago. Still think the market value is about 20k or more less.

On a side note, I have been told "we are not giving it away!!!" :lol::huh::unsure:

Can you give an indication of what % off that is - 30k off 150k is very different to 30k off 750k...