House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Prime London House Prices Fall 0.5 Per Cent

On a nasty semi in Hackney priced at around 600k this represents an almost immeasurable drop (600,000 X 0.05% = 3000).

We don't have a HPC until we see some whole number drops.

That all said I receive emails from local EAs and I see drops in the tens of thousands. About 10% down on average around here--compared with early Spring.

Unfortunately, based on the profit figures out today, it's looking like the City will be paying big bonuses again this year to hard working criminals bankers so not sure the drops will continue. Not good news.

Also, friend of mine was just made an offer he couldn't refuse on his shop's lease by a top end estate agent in Central London wanting to open up next to the competition.

Central London is becoming another country. Apparently 80% foreign buyers at the moment.

Biggest fall in asking prices amongst 'prime' houses in Newcastle:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30025988.html

Property Bee indicates it feel from 845k in mid July to 750k at start of August. 95K/11%.

The rest of the property for sale round here seems to be either a slowly rising tide of new additions/re-listings or falls between 5-15 in asking prices.%. No increases.

Biggest fall in asking prices amongst 'prime' houses in Newcastle:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30025988.html

Property Bee indicates it feel from 845k in mid July to 750k at start of August. 95K/11%.

The rest of the property for sale round here seems to be either a slowly rising tide of new additions/re-listings or falls between 5-15 in asking prices.%. No increases.

I am watching around 6 properties in my area which is about 5 mi East of Brighton. A decent 3BR detached with nice views to the sea was on for 330k earlier this year and it is now priced at 300k. This seems to be trend representing a 10% drop so far this year. Price seemed to have turned down quite recently after a boom failed to emerge following the government attempt to get the banks indebting people more than they have been since the debt crushed them in ought-eight.