House Price Crash Forum
George

Outgoings Vs Income

sky tv £40

broadband £25 + £20 phone?

Council tax £120

Water n elecy £40

Mortgage £ 600 (100k mortgage)

Car £100 (insurance + service + fuel, conservative)

Food 1 person £100 (conservative)

Clothes + fun stuff £200? one night out for £25 * 4, and that is cheap bargain booze shit.

TV license (eff off bbc) £10

Bit of a crap list made up quickly but that came to over £1200 per month.

On a take home of £1500 20k a year. :rolleyes:

sky tv £40

Council tax £120

Water n elecy £40

Clothes + fun stuff £200? one night out for £25 * 4, and that is cheap bargain booze shit.

I get £1300 takehome pay and my pay is £21,000 a year, so something isn't right somewhere. Are you not paying into a pension?

sky tv £40

Council tax £120

Water n elecy £40

Is this one of those spot the odd one out questions?

If so the answer is £600

Clearly my friend, you are paying far too much.

100K mortgage is 5 X your income.

Scarecrow - You beat me to it, it still does not add up even without paying into pension.

George - What tax code and do you get any deductions.

I take home £1480 a month earning £24,800 a year, would be about £1538 without pension, tax code - 494L, no deductions.

Listen To Tax Man

Other than that, yes a very conservative list, what about mobile, gas, insurancies, savings, i am in the process of renting my first house/flat and putting together some 'running costs'.

sky tv £40

Council tax £120

Water n elecy £40

£1,440 per year council tax looks high for a single person. (I trust you haven't made the mistake of counting your "monthly" council tax payments as the monthly cost of your council tax; there are only ten payments per year, so the true monthly cost is 5/6 of the amount that you pay out in the months when you make a payment.)

Not wanting to be a scare mongerer but couldn't help notice that there's no building or contents insurance on there....?????  :ph34r:

I was just thinking the very same thing. Plus nothing for maintenance costs for the house, savings to allow for replacement of household goods - what happens when the fridge dies?

its anecdotal u add to it take from it, just wondering what people would be paying on 20k if they bought a 100k flat. Seems to me that they would have pennies left? Id regard a 100 thousand pound house as one with a garage and 3 bedrooms. So if someone on 20k borrowed 3x to 60k, you're only about a 70k deposit off a nice "luxury" flat, I use the term "luxury" flippantly.

Edited by George

sky tv £40

Council tax £120

Water n elecy £40

£100 for the car is quite conservative, even for running costs, remember lots of people have HP agreements that exceed that alone.

Edited by BuyingBear

£100 for the car is quite conservative, even for running costs, remember lots of people have HP agreements that exceed that alone.

make that £300 then :lol: £1400+ per month? I own my car. Some people have no capital left in their cars, more debt than capital.

its anecdotal u add to it take from it, just wondering what people would be paying on 20k if they bought a 100k flat. Seems to me that they would have pennies left? Id regard a 100 thousand pound house as one with a garage and 3 bedrooms. So if someone on 20k borrowed 3x to 60k, you're only about a 70k deposit off a nice "luxury" flat, I use the term "luxury" flippantly.

I know no--one on 20k who has a 100k mortgage. You'd be utterly crazy to do so. Anyone who did so would have a massive credit card bill mounting up. Isn't the average mortgage less than 3 times wages? I remember seeing a graph somewhere, but haven't a clue where now/

make that £300 then  :lol: £1400+ per month? I own my car. Some people have no capital left in their cars, more debt than capital.

You forgot gas, so that electricity bill should be higher. £480 a year for elecy and water is way out, I think the water company alone relieves me of over £360. Thinking about it, just the household bills can easily sink £250/month, and that's running costs which assumes nothing breaks, and that powergen don't go and add another 15%... oh, they just did.

Unless your car magically appeared out the sky you would of had to save for it, so you should add savings to your list, since the car will either need fixing or replacing eventually.

Remember to include everything in the mix that may get overlooked with cars :- Insurance, MOT, servicing, Vehicle Excise Duty, fuel duty, VAT on fuel duty, breakdown cover and for some people you need to add congestion charging, toll roads/bridges, parking fee's and tickets and maybe the odd speeding fine (see insurance). Oh, tyres, maintenance, depreciation.

Edited by BuyingBear