House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huw

Odd Change To Nw Business Account

We've just been informed that from September 1, Nationwide BusinessInvestor account holders will only be allowed to do two in-branch transactions per month. Not a problem for us since I only ever go there to draw "salary" and can easily do that by other means, but the odd thing is that if you do more than two transactions, their sanction is to close the account! (30 days notice, no discussion by the sound of it).

I wondered if it was a way to pressure you into upgrading to a non-free account, but there's no other general-purpose business offering at all.

We've just been informed that from September 1, Nationwide BusinessInvestor account holders will only be allowed to do two in-branch transactions per month. Not a problem for us since I only ever go there to draw "salary" and can easily do that by other means, but the odd thing is that if you do more than two transactions, their sanction is to close the account! (30 days notice, no discussion by the sound of it).

I wondered if it was a way to pressure you into upgrading to a non-free account, but there's no other general-purpose business offering at all.

Can I ask if this is a relatively small business account ?

This is interesting.

There is stuff going on with another large bank just now that could be of a similar vein. I think I know why but can't really say.

Can I ask if this is a relatively small business account ?

This is interesting.

There is stuff going on with another large bank just now that could be of a similar vein. I think I know why but can't really say.

In our case yes, it would be insignificant for NW. But this is a general change and might affect other businesspeople with much higher turnovers/balances.

They claim it's to ease up on the in-branch counter demand (shortening queues, basically). But they could reduce that demand by offering online access to this account -- most of their other accounts are online, but not this one for some reason.

Very strange. It sounds like they don't want the business for some reason.