House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Do You Get Anything On Rightmove On Mondays?

I have noticed that if I search for properties in my area on Rightmove on a Monday or even a Tuesday morning that were uploaded in the last 24 hours I either get no houses or just one or two.

I assume this is because most sellers have viewings on the weekend and then the EAs spend Monday ringing around the sellers/buyers looking for feedback. Perhaps trying to get the sellers to drop their asking prices.

Sometimes a few houses with reduced asking prices prop up on Monday afternoon but it is usually Tuesday afternoon before any appear. Towards the end of each week more usually appear so, again, I assume that some sellers need a day or two to think about price reductions.

I also know that one EA firm sends out letters recommending price reductions in asking price so those musht filter in throughout the week.

It's cos EA are busy on Sundays ... (perhaps at church praying for sales) ?

My own RSS feeds on my google reader show Mondays are lowest, followed by Sundays.

Edited by SarahBell

I have noticed that if I search for properties in my area on Rightmove on a Monday or even a Tuesday morning that were uploaded in the last 24 hours I either get no houses or just one or two.

I assume this is because most sellers have viewings on the weekend and then the EAs spend Monday ringing around the sellers/buyers looking for feedback. Perhaps trying to get the sellers to drop their asking prices.

Sometimes a few houses with reduced asking prices prop up on Monday afternoon but it is usually Tuesday afternoon before any appear. Towards the end of each week more usually appear so, again, I assume that some sellers need a day or two to think about price reductions.

I also know that one EA firm sends out letters recommending price reductions in asking price so those musht filter in throughout the week.

Yep Sundays and Mondays quiestest and end of week (Thurs, Fri and Sat) are busiest for new activity.

I do a search everyday for several Essex towns and record the stock levels. Mondays normally have around 1/4 of the properties added with Fridays and Saturdays showing most new additions. When I plot my graphs I use an average figure for the week to flatten out the daily variations.

Don't know why this is though. I assume EAs are out doing viewings on weekends and like Sarah says are busy Monday chasing up. So things don't get added until Tuesday.

I did ask an EA why their website was so quiet on Mondays. He said it was because they viewed all their new instructions on the Monday and it took a few days before they appeared on the website. Most people putting in offers did that on a Tuesday (he claimed).

Generally, the Estate Agents add the details to a folder on a computer which then does a batch update to rightmove either once a day or twice a day.

As many are shut on a Sunday there will be no new details added to the folders so no updates.

Resource Techniques is fairly typical

This may be true for the bigger agents but there is a trend for a move to more frequent updates often from the smaller agencies. Some of these definitely taking work home both over the weekend and late at night to update. May be that this is the only way they can keep up as they have reduced staffing due to lack of sales so have to pick up the extra workload themselves.