House Price Crash Forum

Started Looking To Buy....

Guest Fedup

Oh.

I STR'd this place back in 2006 (always full of ghastly loud American touroids) . . .

31_02_1---Buckingham-Palace--London--United-Kingdom_web.jpg

. . . and went to live in this. Renting of course.

rice.jpg

you STR'd a rose bush?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fedup

So why wait until the bottom is obviously about to fall out of the market to eventually give in?

You are still in your 20's FFS there is no rush.

I dont believe you to be honest, I think this is a wind up. Nobody with even a friggin gram of brain cells would after 3 years of waiting contemplate buying all of a sudden just as the Halifax/Ntionwide graphs start to fall off a cliff. Come On.

Right, so if you have been waiting 3 years......BECAUSE YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER IS AT UNI AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER

In the hope that BEFORE SHE GRADUATES, the bottom will fall out of this f**king overpriced island......

But then she does bloody graduate, and she gets a job......and she is happy....and you make friends down here......

So if we aren't gonna leave in the short term, I have to jump into the mental asylum of the housing market or put up with the sheeple (friends) constantly telling me we should have bought.....

Oh god that is so depressing.

Edited by Fedup
Guest Noodle

you STR'd a rose bush?

Not just the one and it came with a 9678 bedroom house which fetched £167,850 at auction in Bermondsey.

I've found living in a bowl of rice more suited to a mobile lifestyle.

Not that anyone of you will believe me, despite my previous 100+(bearish) (-1 about inheriting a house) posts.

I took a look at some of your previous posts and (in the ones I read) you come across as genuine.

The problem is your story doesn't hold together well and you haven't clarified your position on the second house from 2009.

You must see why it's set off everyone's BS alarm?

Right, so if you have been waiting 3 years......BECAUSE YOUR SIGNIFACNT OTHER IS AT UNI AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER

In the hope that BEFORE SHE GRADUATES, the bottom will fall out of this f**king overpriced island......

But then she does bloody graduate, and she gets a job......and she is happy....and you make friends down here......

So if we aren't gonna leave in the short term, I have to jump into the mental asylum of the housing market or put up with the sheeple (friends) constantly telling me we should have bought.....

carry on renting with your fortune intact and tell the friends you bought the place...they wont know any different.

thinking is what getting a degree is all about.....

Not just the one and it came with a 9678 bedroom house which fetched £167,850 at auction in Bermondsey.

I've found living in a bowl of rice more suited to a mobile lifestyle.

Fried, Boiled or special? day old prawns could make you sticky.

Right, so if you have been waiting 3 years......BECAUSE YOUR SIGNIFACNT OTHER IS AT UNI AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER

Mate I rent a beautiful 4 bed detached Turner Style House in West Sussex, down a private road, literally 5 mins from the train station, have rented it now for a few years and very happy. Why would I rush into buying. Girlfriend very happy, dog very happy.

Guest Fedup

Oh.

I STR'd this place back in 2006 (always full of ghastly loud American touroids) . . .

31_02_1---Buckingham-Palace--London--United-Kingdom_web.jpg

. . . and went to live in this. Renting of course.

rice.jpg

Your house is really nice Noodle. I would have rented it out to 400 European students as it's quite close to London and you could have then sold it for a profit.

It's a pity you sat on your savings like I did and just rented because the housing didn't bloody change in anywhere but the North and Iraq, and you are still looking at giving up your entire savings to buy a decent family home.

Sometimes I want to top-myself.......even more so after I read the tin-hat threads on here.

I took a look at some of your previous posts and (in the ones I read) you come across as genuine.

The problem is your story doesn't hold together well and you haven't clarified your position on the second house from 2009.

You must see why it's set off everyone's BS alarm?

Just read the one I quoted, all others are irrelevant. Even the most plausible trolls slip up once in a while ;).

Guest Fedup

Mate I rent a beautiful 4 bed detached Turner Style House in West Sussex, down a private road, literally 5 mins from the train station, have rented it now for a few years and very happy. Why would I rush into buying. Girlfriend very happy, dog very happy.

But do you do that while your savings are being eroded by high inflation and low-interest rates, or because that's the best you can get until the market turns? I am not sure how long I can take seeing my savings lose value every month!

If interest rates came upto even 3% i'd be over the moon, but this country has so much invested in overprice housing I am just broken and can't do anything except accept it (like the law) or top myself.

Guest Noodle

Your house is really nice Noodle. I would have rented it out to 400 European students as it's quite close to London and you could have then sold it for a profit.

It's a pity you sat on your savings like I did and just rented because the housing didn't bloody change in anywhere but the North and Iraq, and you are still looking at giving up your entire savings to buy a decent family home.

Sometimes I want to top-myself.......even more so after I read the tin-hat threads on here.

Savings? What's that?

Ignore the miserable stuff.

Guest Fedup

Just read the one I quoted, all others are irrelevant. Even the most plausible trolls slip up once in a while ;).

Do you really think I planned this for 3 years? Whilst working a fulltime job? Whilst berating known trolls?

If you do, then you either need a job yourself or to crawl out of your shed.

I am giving an honest anecdote for a you couple in todays stupid market......or trying to.....whilst dodging insult after insult.

Edited by Fedup

But do you do that while your savings are being eroded by high inflation and low-interest rates, or because that's the best you can get until the market turns? I am not sure how long I can take seeing my savings lose value every month!

If interest rates came upto even 3% i'd be over the moon, but this country has so much invested in overprice housing I am just broken and can't do anything except accept it (like the law) or top myself.

dead rental money=dead poster.

this is life in England today.

Now we're getting there :lol:.

Guest Noodle

You've got the proceeds of one or two houses (5 bed detached) and you are broken???? and talk about topping yourself. At least keep your story believable

I've got a 5 bed detached and a 3 bed detached.

Never did understand that location, location stuff though. :huh: May have missed a trick here.

but do you your dog or gf have first class degrees? surely then you'd need to own in order to hang up your robes?

Guest Noodle

but do you your dog or gf have first class degrees? surely then you'd need to own in order to hang up your robes?

I'm . . . ahh . . . I'm totally lost now. What is this about? Dogs? Robes? Wot?

:unsure:

and there it is, the other thing that set off the BS detectors.

You sell a house in 2007 at barely 20 and in the last 3 years have never appeared in any of the financial threads. Are you really sat all cash making less than 3% having never asked or made any comments in any financial or investement thread?

This is all complete bs and even if it were true, why would anyone be interested in the tales of a moron that left his cash in the bank and now thinks it is a good time to spend it because it isn't making anything?

Fedup.. might be a good idea to change your handle and keep a low profile for a bit.

Perhaps hang out in off-topic until the heat dies down ;)

Yes of course, I had better go out now and buy me one of these great investments, it seems the time is right, I mean why keep your cash in the bank when you can spend it all on a "silly prices" (your quote) property. Lets face it the economy is set to boom, more people are getting jobs and the only way is up.

I have money in various places, one of which is the stock market and i made 36% on my investment last year which more than made up for the paltry 3-4% I made everywhere else.

Look you dont need a First Class Degree to see that around 100,000+ people are going to lose their jobs, 40 billion a year less is going to be spent in the economy, the banks are going to lend less and look for 20% deposits, the fear phase is starting already with people admitting they are going to tighten their belts.

For me the scariest thing is that house prices will crash during a period of record low interest rates. In every crash previous, interest rates have been high and this in part has led to price drops. In this crash Interest rates have only one way to go and any steady climb to normality will see a constant downward pressure on the market. So in essence we could see an economy getting back to normal but house prices continuing to fall for the next 5-10 years.

The key to this is Vince and George. They know the bubble requires bursting. There will be no efforts made to support further rises.

My dog has one in Archeology (very skilled at digging for old bones) but he barely wears his robe these days, unless of course he is attending a civic occassion. I usually follow behind him with a small plastic bag in case his nerves get to him but he rarely soils himself when he is out "on show".

Fedup, on 01 August 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

There's no need for that sort of talk.

But Darwin, I thought you had an Award specifically for this sort of behaviour?!