House Price Crash Forum
Boom Boom

£50 A Week Dole

Guest Steve Cook

They are going about it the wrong way, what the yshould do is build more socail homes, that'll create assets for the council and reduce spending, i just dont understand why they can't see this.

It's not in keeping with the ideology of the free market dontcha know

Edited by Steve Cook

They are going about it the wrong way, what the yshould do is build more socail homes, that'll create assets for the council and reduce spending, i just dont understand why they can't see this.

I suppose the question is who should pay for it. If it is me, why should I be forced to pay to lower the cost of housing for others while it is kept artificially high for me? I don't mind giving to charity but being shafted at both ends is a bit much.

The better solution would be to bring down the barriers to house building to increase supply and lower costs for everyone.

The shoulda woulda coulda days are gone they're busted

I suppose the question is who should pay for it. If it is me, why should I be forced to pay to lower the cost of housing for others while it is kept artificially high for me? I don't mind giving to charity but being shafted at both ends is a bit much.

The better solution would be to bring down the barriers to house building to increase supply and lower costs for everyone.

They are running out of ways to steal from the populstion.

It's not a question of £50 a week dole, soon there will be none.

It's not the dole money that's the problem, it's housing benefit and local housing allowance.

People are stuck on the dole because RENT ARE TOO HIGH.

Until the public get this fact through their thick skulls we will NOT solve the problem.

It's not the dole money that's the problem, it's housing benefit and local housing allowance.

People are stuck on the dole because RENT ARE TOO HIGH.

Until the public get this fact through their thick skulls we will NOT solve the problem.

Spot on

Building more social housing = good.

Filling them with people who aren't working = bad.

Council houses are a very useful thing for a workforce but are a massive cost if more and more people in them are not paying for their accommodation.

It doesn't actually matter whether people are being housed at taxpayers' expense in private properties or council properties what matters is they are being housed at taxpayers' expense. This pushes up prices for people who are paying their own way *and* inflicts a larger and larger burden on taxpayers to house people who are not paying for their accommodation. It incentives worklessness. If you have a job you are paying for someone else's accommodation *and* your own. If you don't have a job someone else is paying for you. Why would anyone bother to get a job in such circumstances?

They are running out of ways to steal from the populstion.

It's not a question of £50 a week dole, soon there will be none.

Good. Its nothing to do with rent, or dole or house prices. Its eugenics. When you let the trash of society breed, paid for by the hard workers, who think they cant afford to breed. This is what you get. Enjoy.

Good. Its nothing to do with rent, or dole or house prices. Its eugenics. When you let the trash of society breed, paid for by the hard workers, who think they cant afford to breed. This is what you get. Enjoy.

Either this is a joke in bad taste or you have forgotten the last nation which experimented in eugenics to improve its population.

People who posit such ideas never explain what makes them superior and therefore able to decide what should happen to the rest.

We aren't talking about the rich or criminal scum of any sort here.

Just people on the dole.

I totally disagree with this.

Look at cutting LHA further, raising the bar for invalidity benefit, but leave the people currently on the bare minimum alone please.

We aren't talking about the rich or criminal scum of any sort here.

Just people on the dole.

Seems to me that JS classes dolites as "criminal scum"...I wonder where this rage comes from? One day, he may need it....

Building more social housing = good.

Filling them with people who aren't working = bad.

Council houses are a very useful thing for a workforce but are a massive cost if more and more people in them are not paying for their accommodation.

Agreed, and I guess most tenants around here would agree too. Then again there have, up to now been plenty of jobs in this area.

How about building council houses only for people who have not claimed benefits for five years?

Just thinking..... 

A. Unemployed people living in council housing = good for the unemployed tenants/ good for the state (less benefit than if renting privately)

B. Employed people living in council housing = very, very good for tenants but nothing in it for the banks, private landlords and nothing to cause hpi.

And the winner is .....

Interesting, someone might have been working for 20 years paying tax, their company goes bust, all of a sudden they're branded 'dole scum'

No problem though, after that length of employment they'll not need dole, having huge savings to fall back on.

Seems to me that JS classes dolites as "criminal scum"...I wonder where this rage comes from? One day, he may need it....

Hope he is including the well funded upper middle and upper classes I know of who claimed for years?

No problem though, after that length of employment they'll not need dole, having huge savings to fall back on.

The might have if they hadn't been taxed to death for the last 20 years.

why? a mobile home goes for £20k .... ????