House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pole

Fires In Russia

At least 28 people have been killed and 3,500 evacuated since the fires broke out in the hottest weather since records began 130 years ago. At least 1,260 houses have already been burned down.

Reuters Link

I know that Russia is not California, but for some strange reason the news about at least 28 people killed never made it to the BBC front web pages... Why is the BBC so selective about what it chooses to report on??

They spent longer on saying they were going to report on the moscow heatwave than actually reporting it on BBC the other day. Tomaz schfanacker/the gay weatherman merely said it got to 38c. That was the 'report'

I guess i should be glad, no so long ago any modicum of heat anywhere anytime would have led to a 10 minute feature on global warming on the BBC evening news. Thankfully they seem less obsessed with the topic at the moment.

Because lives have different value, Americans are worth the most (according to their view) while non Americans are worth substantially less.

Huge fires are normal in Russia. Last year North of Sochi they were clearing out massive swaths of forrest to turn into agricultural land and had massive pyres. I was riding along and saw a lot of smoke on the horizon. As I approached day turned to night, similar to how the 1991 Kuwait oil fires looked from all the thick acrid smoke. Took me a day to ride past the fires.

Guest Ian Chesterton

At least 28 people have been killed and 3,500 evacuated since the fires broke out in the hottest weather since records began 130 years ago. At least 1,260 houses have already been burned down.

Reuters Link

I know that Russia is not California, but for some strange reason the news about at least 28 people killed never made it to the BBC front web pages... Why is the BBC so selective about what it chooses to report on??

Prepare to have Pick It Down hijack your thread by talking endless shite.

Reuters Link

The BBC is in reporting around the UK the media wing of the Liebour Party and the liberal self-hating elite.

Internationally it reports America especially and India too much and practically ignores China, Brazil, Russia, even much of Europe.............I think this is simply because minorities are over represented at the BBC and therefore so is India and even more so BBC journalists love the associated glamour of the US/ US media hence the US is. The other countries also require language skills and are 'harder work' to penetrate than they can be bothered with.

Perhaps anybody who doesn't buy the above can explain why dear old Auntie has treated us to saturation coverage of the Clinton wedding........?

The only mystery is why we all are forced to pay for their crap; you get a far more balanced view of the world from Al Jazeera and many other outlets of various political/ national backgrounds.

The other thing about Russia that is never reported is that the state is only second to the Queen when it comes to real estate ownership with an overall ownership of 4,219 million acres.

Yeah but with so much land, such stats are kind of meaningless. 1000s if km between cities once you get past Volograd. Land enough for everybody!

I didn't know her Madge owned more than China.

I just thought it was Regent's Street, plenty of the rest of central London, Manhattan and the odd choice piece here and there.

Is it suggested she owns Canada and Australia or something because I'm not sure she does, within any meaningful definition of the word "ownership", at least?

Guest Ian Chesterton

Is it suggested she owns Canada and Australia or something because I'm not sure she does, within any meaningful definition of the word "ownership", at least?

Its probably a euphemism for the state owning something. Makes compulsory purchase a lot easier I suppose.

Guest Ian Chesterton

The corollary of this is that South America has been seeing some record low temperatures. BBC haven't yet reported on those have they? Wonder why.. :ph34r:

Let me guess - cooling is climate, warming is weather? :lol:

Russians are always dying in large numbers. It's what they do.

Man bites dog, and all that....

You're soooo living up to your avatar and title right now :lol: