House Price Crash Forum

Housing Market To Stay Flat Until 2013

HOLA441

don't forget - family and friends will hate you - you will have to rely on an understanding partner and health and financial security only. even your kids will probably think you're a crank.

:lol: Yes, but I had thought about that. I was thinking about friends who are renting now. And I've really avoided discussing HP with property owning family members since Sept 2007.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I think YOU are right.

The slightest hint of a HPC and the government will step in and do anything that needs to be done to try to keep HPI on track. Why? Because the UK is totally dependent on inflating house prices to stay afloat. If houses drop the IMF will be on the doorstep within months.

Of course, it will end in a huge crash because a country cannot survive on HPI as its main industry. In fact, HPI is not an industry at all but a parasitic poison that threatens to send us to Banana Republic status within a generation. I do not believe the government has the ammunition to stop the crash once it has taken hold (let's say 3 months in a row of more than 1% drops).

You need to read the news in this thread: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=147307&view=findpost&p=2624404

It was the most important news for a long long time.

HOLA444

I think YOU are right.

The slightest hint of a HPC and the government will step in and do anything that needs to be done to try to keep HPI on track. Why? Because the UK is totally dependent on inflating house prices to stay afloat. If houses drop the IMF will be on the doorstep within months.

Of course, it will end in a huge crash because a country cannot survive on HPI as its main industry. In fact, HPI is not an industry at all but a parasitic poison that threatens to send us to Banana Republic status within a generation. I do not believe the government has the ammunition to stop the crash once it has taken hold (let's say 3 months in a row of more than 1% drops).

all Western Banks are entirely dependent on the housing market...

otherwise, why would they lie about the value of their assets?

Why, when the 8 banks a week are failing in the US, are the FDIC having to pay out to depositors when the assets cant be sold anywhere near the banks declarations.

HOLA445

all Western Banks are entirely dependent on the housing market...

otherwise, why would they lie about the value of their assets?

Why, when the 8 banks a week are failing in the US, are the FDIC having to pay out to depositors when the assets cant be sold anywhere near the banks declarations.

The Treasury knows that the UK banks don't have enough to lend to keep both HPs and UK plc.

The new gov. has chosen UK plc. carefully though. They will try a HP soft landing of around 25%. Of course the question is if they will manage it, and have the nerves to see it through, for 2 or 3 very very hard years, until a economic recovery rewards them.