House Price Crash Forum

Transparent Toilet Walls

AvidFan

HOLA441

Just saw this bargain £1.2 million apartment for sale in Birmingham:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26394529.html?premiumA=true

The last 2 pictures clearly show the bathroom has glass walls and is effectively in the lounge.

I can't help but think this is impracticle if you've dinner guests or you're dating someone for the first time and brought him/her home?

Anyone any thoughts on whether glass toilets in the lounge are a good idea, or whether they are worth the £1 million price premium?

I'm working on a joke that adapts the phrase "People in glass houses..." but I'm struggling.

HOLA442

Anyone any thoughts on whether glass toilets in the lounge are a good idea, or whether they are worth the £1 million price premium?

:o

£1.2m for a flat in the middle of Birmingham..

Can't be glass.. must be sheets of pure CVD diamond :blink:

HOLA443

http://www.rightmove...l?premiumA=true

The last 2 pictures clearly show the bathroom has glass walls and is effectively in the lounge.

I can't help but think this is impracticle if you've dinner guests or you're dating someone for the first time and brought him/her home?

I'm working on a joke that adapts the phrase "People in glass houses..." but I'm struggling.

That's that special glass that you can flick a switch and make transparent or opaque. You pull, you go back to the flat, bird disappears to the bog, flick the switch - might be the only look you'll get. Better safe than sorry eh?

HOLA444
HOLA445

That's that special glass that you can flick a switch and make transparent or opaque. You pull, you go back to the flat, bird disappears to the bog, flick the switch - might be the only look you'll get. Better safe than sorry eh?

:lol:

HOLA446

:o

£1.2m for a flat in the middle of Birmingham..

Can't be glass.. must be sheets of pure CVD diamond :blink:

If you look carefully at picture 4, you also get a gimp in a latex suit at the bottom of the stairs, it is a 'special interest' flat only for those with discreet and discerning tastes.

Has anyone told The Masked Tulip yet?

HOLA447

If you look carefully at picture 4, you also get a gimp in a latex suit at the bottom of the stairs, it is a 'special interest' flat only for those with discreet and discerning tastes.

OMG, so there is. Sucio!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26394529.html?premiumA=true

That has really cheered me up, i.2Million for a flat in Birmingham absolutely fantastic. Goodness me I don't think anyone would pay that for a house in Edgbaston let alone there!

I would love to know who the builder/sellers are, they should be respected for their sheer audacity. Can someone print this out and give it out in ladywood it'll riaise a smile

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

You don't need to look that carefully.

12750_1699A_16996701_IMG_04_0000.JPG

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I would agree that it is deeply unattractive and overpriced.

However if you look at the photos and the brochure, there are four en-suite bedrooms, one of which, the master bedroom, has a glass walled bathroom.

The bathroom is not in the lounge.

Four bedrooms would normally mean a house for a wealthy large family - but of course they would buy a large semi in Edgbaston; green and leafy but almost walkable to the city centre.

The only obvious use I can see for this is an upmarket brothel.

City centre location, nice en-suites, good reception area.............

HOLA4417

The only obvious use I can see for this is an upmarket brothel.

City centre location, nice en-suites, good reception area.............

Maybe the gimp is an encoded symbol for what this is used for; like the minature sun in British spies' passport photgraphs.

Now you've said it I think you may be right. What's the gross / net yield on a brothel then?

HOLA4418
Guest sillybear2

Having purchased that apartment I guess random strangers and passersby would like to see what a giant dick looks like.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest sillybear2

Only the Australians or Japanese could imagine such a device.

p-o-p

Japanese toilets come with blowers too.

HOLA4422

Surely this was put on the market with footballers in mind, who else would have the combination of so much money and such poor taste.

HOLA4423

I once saw a stand-up comic who had a nice patter in shortened proverbs or maxims.

One of his examples which I remember is, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't."

BTW, I think there is a typo in the advert, which should refer to the supplier Silent Gliss (not Glass):

http://www.silentgliss.co.uk/go/Home

HOLA4424

1.2 million and no seperate kitchen. That bathroom leaves me speechless. I was in a trendy NY hotel with a glass walled bathroom, they had put curtains up next to the toilet. Unpleasant.

HOLA4425
Guest sillybear2

1.2 million and no seperate kitchen. That bathroom leaves me speechless. I was in a trendy NY hotel with a glass walled bathroom, they had put curtains up next to the toilet. Unpleasant.

Art's glass toilet tests courage

glass-toilet-2.jpg040217_toilet_hmed_733ah21.jpg

I guess it's to condition people in case they have to serve time for mortgage fraud, I also see there's no soap holder in the shower.

Archived