2 Bed House Cheaper Than 2003 Purchase Price

Not to long before we see 2001 prices?

link to £69,950 house

link to history

Sale Date Price Type Tenure New Build Address

1 31/07/2006 £94,000 Ter. F No 19, Honestone Street, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2DJ

2 15/08/2003 £74,950 Ter. F No 19, Honestone Street, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2DJ

3 29/06/2001 £42,000 Ter. F No 19, Honestone Street, Bideford, Devon, EX39 2DJ

It's a repo by the look of it with the price set low to generate lots of interest

I don't know anything about the area, but there's something about the location that seems a little bit off.

Check the directions :

"Park in the pay and display car park where the access to No.19 can be found opposite the car park up a small alley."

Still probably overpriced.

I don't know anything about the area, but there's something about the location that seems a little bit off.

Check the directions :

"Park in the pay and display car park where the access to No.19 can be found opposite the car park up a small alley."

Still probably overpriced.

Just bought our rented house in Mineola (Florida) not far from Disney. Sold for $276K in 2006 and LL went bust last year. We have paid no rent since June 2009 as bank didn't want it empty. Anyway bank said we could finally have it for $80,000. I offered $70K and they have taken it. That's around 40K sterling for a 3 bed WITH pool. Full air conditioning, the lot. Point is that the kitchen is bigger than that pile of crap in Devon or wherever. We really have lost the plot in the UK.

Just bought our rented house in Mineola (Florida) not far from Disney. Sold for $276K in 2006 and LL went bust last year. We have paid no rent since June 2009 as bank didn't want it empty. Anyway bank said we could finally have it for $80,000. I offered $70K and they have taken it. That's around 40K sterling for a 3 bed WITH pool. Full air conditioning, the lot. Point is that the kitchen is bigger than that pile of crap in Devon or wherever. We really have lost the plot in the UK.

Now that's what I call a result.

It's different here... I mean there,

This is the kind of lender irresponsibility that the ex-great leader was trying to eliminate.

It sends out all the wrong signals to the peasantry.

Good for you Tom, a circa 75% correction, very GC1.

Will you be offering your story to the Mail or Express? ;)

Enjoy posts like this. B)

Guest Noodle

:lol::lol::lol:

You've made my day TomWatkins!

That sounds like a excellent result,out of interest how much are the Taxes and the total running cost?

Brilliant. Classic. Thanks for posting it.

It may deserve its own thread. Titled? "We really have lost the plot in the UK." ?

Guest Noodle

Brilliant. Classic. Thanks for posting it.

It may deserve its own thread. Titled? "We really have lost the plot in the UK." ?

There is one thing though ToW, Bideford is nice. My Uncle Frank had a similar place in Appledore. They're a bit small, but re-fitted well it would be a lovely spot for a retired couple.

£70k isn't bad if it does actually go for that.

The South West of England is still by far the best place in the world to live . . . no exceptions.

There is one thing though ToW, Bideford is nice. My Uncle Frank had a similar place in Appledore. They're a bit small, but re-fitted well it would be a lovely spot for a retired couple.

£70k isn't bad if it does actually go for that.

The South West of England is still by far the best place in the world to live . . . no exceptions.

OK, if it is a good area, then it is less bad.

Still, did you see the floor plan? It is 500 sq ft!

Guest Noodle

OK, if it is a good area, then it is less bad.

Still, did you see the floor plan? It is 500 sq ft!

They are small. Yet they have a magic about them, old fishermans cottages.

Buy it. I would if I hadn't moved here. That whole area is golden. :)

After Frank died he left it to family friends because they loved it so much. Didn't love it as much as the £2XX,XXX they sold it for soon after though did they? <_<

They are small. Yet they have a magic about them, old fishermans cottages.

Buy it. I would if I hadn't moved here. That whole area is golden. :)

After Frank died he left it to family friends because they loved it so much. Didn't love it as much as the £2XX,XXX they sold it for soon after though did they? <_<

OK. But It is about 200 miles from here. And we are far from retirement.

Guest Noodle

OK. But It is about 200 miles from here. And we are far from retirement.

Oh that's not far. And retirement's not far off either, time flies. I believe internet has reached Devon.

By it and let it out . . . :ph34r:

Bideford is quite a nice area with the beautiful North Devon coast and Exmoor on your doorstep.

They have another one £74,995

Sale Date Price Type Tenure New Build Address

1 20/06/2008 £95,500 Ter. F No Map 6, Bridge Street, Bideford, Devon,

2 26/11/2003 £84,500 Ter. F No Map 6, Bridge Street, Bideford, Devon,

3 30/08/2002 £53,000 Ter. F No Map 6, Bridge Street, Bideford, Devon,

Well done tom watkins.

Oh that's not far. And retirement's not far off either, time flies. I believe internet has reached Devon.

By it and let it out . . . :ph34r:

I'll think about it, and I'll keep that in mind. I think time is on our side now.

Guest Noodle

I'll think about it, and I'll keep that in mind. I think time is on our side now.

I reckon so, provided these buggers don't print more.