House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Reaction To Women Abusing Men In Public

This is a segment produced for ABC News’ What Would You Do? series. Sadly, what is portrayed in the segment below does not surprise me. How do we get society to change their beliefs about abuse being a gender issue? Some of the people’s responses in the post interviews are just astounding in their ignorance, bias and sexism. “He probably deserved it.” Just imagine saying that to a female abuse victim.

http://shrink4men.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/reaction-to-women-abusing-men-in-public/

You often see this. Guys can't fight back and have to take a kicking. I remember watching the nightclub towns TV program a few years back where it recorded some chav bitch beating the crap out of some guy. He took it because 'you don't hit a lady.' More and more women in the UK seem to think they can hide behind there femininity. As soon as the guy hits back he's in the wrong. WTF do they expect?

You often see this. Guys can't fight back and have to take a kicking. I remember watching the nightclub towns TV program a few years back where it recorded some chav bitch beating the crap out of some guy. He took it because 'you don't hit a lady.' More and more women in the UK seem to think they can hide behind there femininity. As soon as the guy hits back he's in the wrong. WTF do they expect?

Thats part of the problem simply that they take it, if you simply walk away and or leave such relationships then it would be a clear signal it is unacceptable.

However far too many men are poon whipped to the extent they will just take it... the sick guy one of my ex riders he was a late starter his first GF at 20, he was so whipped by her she would and could do anything to him.

We were telling him to leave her when he was attacked with a knife by her, but some how he couldn't see it while he was in hospital being sewn back together. So quite simply we put him up in a spare room for 2 weeks. And took him out on the town where he met somebody who was somewhat more sane.

There is a thread about this in a football forum I used to post on. Now banned.

However it has been moved into the classic section.

Slapping

Basically I was saying how I slapped a bird once when she hit me first for no reason. The faux outrage at the start was something to behold. However the intersting thing is when these people actually started to use their brains and think about it - the attitudes changed and I was actually pretty well supported.

If a bird hits me in the street ? She will get a smack in return. End of story. I am all for equal rights. Anyone who doesn't agree is sexist and should be ashamed. :D

Birds should start to realise they cannot go around hitting blokes because they feel like it. Us blokes don't - and I do not see why the sex you are should have anything to do with it.

If a bird hits me in the street ? She will get a smack in return. End of story. I am all for equal rights. Anyone who doesn't agree is sexist and should be ashamed. :D

Smacking women is wrong. What's the point? For a gentleman it's easier and more digified just to smile and thank her for the company and walk away from the crazy persona for ever.

Anyway, life would be so much less painful if both men and women finished their relationships after thay 1st smack (no matter who's doing it).

Guest Ian Chesterton

Do you? I don't. Where do you hang out?

The Daily Mail?

Guest Ian Chesterton

Gender is unimportant in self-defence.

It is if you have ******** you can be kicked in.

I have rarely seen women be physically abusive to men in public, I have never seen the opposite.

I find it far more common to see a woman verbally abusing a man in public, usually embarrassing him and putting him down in front of bystanders.

If a partner slapped me occasionally in public under the right circumstances I think I could probably see the funny side. If she regularly verbally abused me I think that would be grounds for divorce.

If I see a guy being humiliated by his other half I always wonder what he's still doing with her.

Guest Ian Chesterton

If I see a guy being humiliated by his other half I always wonder what he's still doing with her.

There are people who pay good money to be humiliated. Clearly, some people enjoy it.

Smacking women is wrong. What's the point? For a gentleman it's easier and more digified just to smile and thank her for the company and walk away from the crazy persona for ever.

Anyway, life would be so much less painful if both men and women finished their relationships after thay 1st smack (no matter who's doing it).

In your opinion. Which is fair enough but other people think differently.

A lot of women out there do think they can hit guys and get away with it. You see and hear about it all the time. I don't think it is wrong to point out in a physical way, in the right situation, that this is not acceptable. We are just animals after all.

Gender is unimportant in self-defence.

Exactly.

The truth is that it is a woman's world and not a man's world.

I say this often and am accused of misogyny.

Everything in society is geared towards women. Laws, customs, everything.

If you think that immigrants have it good, then think about what women get in this society.

In your opinion. Which is fair enough but other people think differently.

A lot of women out there do think they can hit guys and get away with it. You see and hear about it all the time. I don't think it is wrong to point out in a physical way, in the right situation, that this is not acceptable. We are just animals after all.

What I meant was that if a woman smacks a man once, there's no point of hitting back - the case is already lost. The man MUST leave the relationship, no excuses, no discussion.

What I meant was that if a woman smacks a man once, there's no point of hitting back - the case is already lost. The man MUST leave the relationship, no excuses, no discussion.

Well I suppose it all depends on the context. People do random things all the time. A one off 'snapping' by either a male or a female is quite understandable. In fact it is pretty normal.

If it happens all the time then that is different of course.

Well I suppose it all depends on the context. People do random things all the time. A one off 'snapping' by either a male or a female is quite understandable. In fact it is pretty normal.

boxing can be fun!