House Price Crash Forum

Need To Sell Your Home Fast-advert

Guest growl

HOLA441

Just seen the ad on telly from some company called 'national home buyers association'.

It went along the lines of 'need to sell your home fast? Need to sell it for cash? give us a ring on...blah blah blah or visit our website at blah blah blah.

Did'nt get the rest...I was busy buying my oil early for the winter.

but its been a number of years since I last saw an advert like that :o

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

These companies are the lowest of the low, real bottom feeders.

They just want to buy your house at BMV and attempt to sell it on for a profit.

They were around the last time and see an oppurtunity now. Many of these companies are set up by property investors, the kind that say there is not going to be a crash. Well these types of companies can only exisit in a crash environment.

HOLA447
Guest Guy_Montag

They were around the last time and see an oppurtunity now. Many of these companies are set up by property investors, the kind that say there is not going to be a crash. Well these types of companies can only exisit in a crash environment.

How can you say that? I mean a-quick-sale.com says:

"Please don't confuse us with other property buying companies! We are totally ethical, and always looking for a solution that works for you as well as us. " & they would never lie. :rolleyes:

HOLA448

It’s a licence to print money – resell a driveby survey at an extortionate markup with the extra chance of buying at a huge discount. Survey cost is forteit if the BMV offer is not accepted. :huh:

Edited by spline

HOLA449
HOLA4410

YEs, LBC (London independent radio station, pretty low-brow) has been running ads for a month or so now from a similar company, its pretty dark-- sets the scene, you're very worried about your financial situation, you think youve managed to hide it from your wife, but SHE KNOWS.. but hey, no worries, help is at hand! We can buy the house off you within a few days and you can wave goodbye to your financial woes.. we'll rent it back to you and you MAY be able to buy it back within 3 years (terms & conditions apply)... yadda yadda.

Makes a refreshing change from the usual ads from Inside Track <_<

But its definitely a sign of the times, the sharks can smell blood, they KNOW there are 1000s out there who've over-borrowed to pay for over-priced properties and they're all circling for the kill.

I find it funny there are so many doubters out there about a house price crash when all the signs are in place. I dont think it will necessarily be country-wide though. One bed starter flats in grim bits of Essex will definitely have to more or less halve from the current £120,000+, but 2 - 3 bed semis south west of London that have been going for £200 - £215K look relatively safe to me.

HOLA4411

In a market where houses don't sell at the alleged market price it could be argued they provide a valuable service by injecting liquidity into the market.

If people could sell it someone else for more money, they would!

HOLA4412

I often saw this in the small ads of a large city local paper. Not just in "crash" times.

There are always distressed sellers.

You would then see the same firm marketing properties as newly decorated and carpeted.

That there are now TV adverts, shows that somebody expects volumes to soar.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Quote:

"The whole process was completely hassle free. I was even able to borrow £37,000 for some home improvements I wanted to do on the house"

:o

£37K - Improvements - FFS thats rebuilding it!!!

Its like the other loan shark ads - like the re-mortgage one: "and I even had enough left over to buy a new car".

DUH - I need 30K to do house up - - Firm borrows you £40k at 43.9% A.P.R. and you suddenly realise 'WOW! Ive got money left over - cool " shall I pay off what I owe to Dodgy Dave - no, lets buy a car"

The problem is, this stupidity is the VAST MAJORITY of this country!!

ANYWAY - Went off-topic there.

My view on this is simple - If they cant sell their so called £150K house, they sell it to these sharks for £110K lets say - Why dont they just drop the price to £125k - then the buyer and the seller are happy.

TB spots FLAW!!! This makes sense - strike the last comment!

Let this be a lesson for FTB's though - Get your mortgage approved - show them evidence of your HUGE DEPOSIT then sqeeze them tessies tight. If the loan sharks can get massive reductions for cash deals, then so can you!!!

HOLA4415

I think they charge around £500 up front for the ‘market valuation’ (the cheap drive-by sort) and promise to make an offer within something like a week – valuation fee is waved if the offer (possibly only 60% of valuation) is accepted. Once caught the owner is relieved of either £500 or a sizeable chunk of the house. :o

HOLA4416
I think they charge around £500 up front for the ‘market valuation’ (the cheap drive-by sort) and promise to make an offer within something like a week – valuation fee is waved if the offer (possibly only 60% of valuation) is accepted. Once caught the owner is relieved of either £500 or a sizeable chunk of the house.  :o

Remember Pulp Fiction:

"The spider just caught a coupl'a flies!"

(cue "the gimp")