House Price Crash Forum

Dangerousness Of Smoking Various Things.

HOLA441

Following on from the other thread on smoking.

Is there any research as to how dangerous various types of tobacco, or methods of smoking it, actually are? Okay, cigarettes are pretty harmfull, we know that, but what about cigars - are they as dangerous? What about pipe tobacco or those bubbly pipe things?

HOLA442
Guest X-QUORK

As soon as you combust organic material and inhale it you're asking for trouble. Combustion creates carcinogens.

That's why I vapourise my choice of drug rather than smoke it. Much healthier.

HOLA443

As soon as you combust organic material and inhale it you're asking for trouble. Combustion creates carcinogens.

That's why I vapourise my choice of drug rather than smoke it. Much healthier.

I'm concerned about my friend, who has given up smoking tobacco and is now smoking herbal cigarettes from well-known chain of health food stores. No-one knows how dangerous this is, but my friend seems to think she's being much healthier. At least tobacco has been researched.

HOLA444

I smoke the odd fat Havana, whichIMHO you don't inhale, as it's too heavy a smoke.

You take the smoke into your mouth for the flavour, then straight back out again - so not going anywhere near the lungs / throat.

There are those who do inhale cigar smoke, but it's a bit pointless I reckon - you may as well puff on 20 Asda own brand if you are just after a fix.

Although, I seem to remember Skoal Bandits (remember them!), and other mouth / chewing tobaccos being a bit risky, but less so than cigs. They are still very popular in the USA & continental Europe.

HOLA445

Archived