House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldilocksporridge

Workplace Pet Hates

Whats your pet hate in work?

My Pet hate is Managers that won't manage anything(avoid decisions, delegate everything) - I can bear lazy colleagues because they eventually get ratted out- just feel like managers always get away with murder.

Being sat too close to the office toilet and having a boss who shat like a herd of incontinent elephants.

The office gobshite, loud, obnoxious crass and boorish.

The office ****-kisser.

The office.

Whats your pet hate in work?

My Pet hate is Managers that won't manage me anything(avoid decisions, delegate everything) - I can bear lazy colleagues because they eventually get ratted out- just feel like managers always get away with murder.

Fridge Nazis

People who bring in tiny little bottles of 'special' milk and individual teabags to avoid paying into the section tea swindle - then suddenly the stocks of communal goodies goes down when they 'forget' tea , coffee, sugar , gin etc

Edited to appease the Thread Killer below

Being sat too close to the office toilet and having a boss who shat like a herd of incontinent elephants.

The office gobshite, loud, obnoxious crass and boorish.

The office ****-kisser.

The office.

I hate people who take them or their jobs too seriously.

I don't mind people who are chatty, and even a bit of gobshite - would prefer people who are friendly and easygoing - honestly can't bear the crushing silence and sitting at a desk - where having a personality or sense of humour is frowned on - or the only thing you can talk about is work.

Seem offices attract humourless dullards - its all a bit too serious for me. I mean its like were not perform surgery on a patient - stop taking yourself so seriously!!!!!

I don't mind people who are chatty, and even a bit of gobshite - would prefer people who are friendly and easygoing - honestly can't bear the crushing silence and sitting at a desk - where having a personality or sense of humour is frowned on - or the only thing you can talk about is work.

Seem offices attract humourless dullards - its all a bit too serious for me. I mean its like were not perform surgery on a patient - stop taking yourself so seriously!!!!!

Oh, no issue with office banter at all, has to be done otherwise I'd slip into a tedium induced coma and die. Office pranks are always a good way to brighten the day as well.

By office gobshite I mean the obnoxious type who probably stole peoples lunch money when he was back in school, more of a bully really.

There is something about office jobs which turns people into bitter, vindictive, sad, powerless people - spending year and year shuffling papers, checking emails, meetings - often there stuck in it with big mortgages, kids, peer pressure - no real tangible skills in anything - so there stuck in one industry or career for years. Its the sitting at a desk for 8 hrs a day its not natural.

- Not sure haven't had much experience working outside office environments for long periods of time but there was always much more fun working on building sites and kitchens etc - and there seems to be less bitchyness as people need to get on with doing the job.

In my workplace everybody hates cats. I've worked elsewhere where dogs topped the list. Budgies always seem to be well liked.

My pet hate is people who email you rather than walk the 10 metres over to your desk.

Emails are ok for me - often if what your talking about is complex or needs to reread or thought about - then email is perfect - I can't stand people who proceed to talk in great depth about the area they work in - expecting you to understand every detail - but try mentioning to them something simple outside their area - and it will quickly brushed aside as of no importance.

Offices are generally full of jumped up self important nobodies who believe that entire company revolves around their job - whilst they don't understand they are nor really that important

Guest theboltonfury

My pet hate is people who email you rather than walk the 10 metres over to your desk.

Mine always used to be the HR department. How they never actuallu used to do anything but insisted on getting involved in everything.

to be honest I find people in general to be a hassle. the thing I hate about offices is people.

I always reckoned I might enjoy being a train driver, am naturally a grumpy loaner and like scenery that changes, does anyone have experience of this?

to be honest I find people in general to be a hassle. the thing I hate about offices is people.

I always reckoned I might enjoy being a train driver, am naturally a grumpy loaner and like scenery that changes, does anyone have experience of this?

I've just applied to be one, quite a long process, lots of test etc. but I'm like you in that I can't abide offices and the plums employed within.

Yeah I know what you mean - office enviroments stop me from opening up to people and being friendly - you know if you start getting opinionated or expressing irritation with certain aspects of work or people - it will come back to bite you,and people form opinions. I noticed anyone with who has a glimmer of personality - outside the bland dull tedious play it safe mindset of your average office slave is seen as a bit wild or mad, or difficult - can you imagine Gordon Ramsay working in Corporate office job!!!

Therefore you revert to bland dull small talk to fit in - but it gets harder to keep a lid on your emotions the longer you stay in these places.

Employees who think their work is an inconvenience to their play.

Directors/managers who think the way to 'greatness' is to be 'great' themselves (often bullies), rather than create a great organisation for which they then become known.

For staff on a flexible time schedule, the attitude that "I can't start this 15 minute task because my coffee break/fag break is in 10 minutes"

The informal office drink on a Friday (or informal drink any other time). Rarely go to these 'sessions' as I have better things to do with my time and better things/people to spend my money on. But if you don't attend, it is a fast tract to being branded a grump.

Other mildly annoying trivia:

Regularly poor grammar and spelling, there-their, i, me and mike went, etc etc

People who feel Comic Sans is a 'cool' typeface

People who turn up late regularly every morning with wet hair, and then eat breakfast

Fag breaks

Investors in People (etc).. pure BS

AWAY DAYS...more pure BS

Continually getting my car dented anonymously in the workplace carpark (perhaps because of all my pet hates ;) )

Must stop....... strewth

On a Monday morning having to listen to the latest X Factor, Britain's Got Talent opinions.

People who order clothes and other stuff on-line and get it delivered to the office. ALL the time. The post room/reception are working for the company, not you. Then another 15 minutes for the parcel to be unwrapped and commented upon by the rest of the workers.

Managers who are 'working from home' but their PA, who can read their e-mails, gives a running commentary on the said manager's job hunting replies, searches for new home, what holiday is being booked, etc etc. Manager has no idea this is all being relayed to everyone.

The office 'minefield'. A person, not necessarily a manager, but who has the power to dictate the mood of the office by the fact that they are in a bad mood that day. Just grunts when you arrive and say a cheery Good Morning. Atmosphere for the rest of the day is one of utter misery for everyone.

Twitty type woman with her computer surrounded by furry animals.

The MD/CEO sending out an e-mail to all employees asking for ideas to save money, usually whilst staff are being made redundant. MD/CEO is on £300K per year. Why ffs are you asking us to do your job?

Just the general inane comments of the calibre that you really do wonder if it's you who is in fact the oddbod and everyone else is STARK RAVING MAD!

In my work place I have a colleague who refuses to have the blinds open wide and the security shutters open and all the lights on (she has a hissey fit otherwise). This is on the premise that she gets too much glare on her screen, which of course is a nonsense as the windows are north facing and her screen is not in direct line of sight of the window. She has been absent for the last two days and I have managed to get some serious work done as the atmosphere has been far less depressed/oppressive.

I'm only hopeful of Local Government cuts :lol:

On a Monday morning having to listen to the latest X Factor, Britain's Got Talent opinions.

People who order clothes and other stuff on-line and get it delivered to the office. ALL the time. The post room/reception are working for the company, not you. Then another 15 minutes for the parcel to be unwrapped and commented upon by the rest of the workers.

Managers who are 'working from home' but their PA, who can read their e-mails, gives a running commentary on the said manager's job hunting replies, searches for new home, what holiday is being booked, etc etc. Manager has no idea this is all being relayed to everyone.

The office 'minefield'. A person, not necessarily a manager, but who has the power to dictate the mood of the office by the fact that they are in a bad mood that day. Just grunts when you arrive and say a cheery Good Morning. Atmosphere for the rest of the day is one of utter misery for everyone.

Twitty type woman with her computer surrounded by furry animals.

The MD/CEO sending out an e-mail to all employees asking for ideas to save money, usually whilst staff are being made redundant. MD/CEO is on £300K per year. Why ffs are you asking us to do your job?

Just the general inane comments of the calibre that you really do wonder if it's you who is in fact the oddbod and everyone else is STARK RAVING MAD!

Yeah bosses running around about redundancies, looking for more work out of less people, and talking about saving money - when all the while you know there in looking for payrises off their bosses, spending vasts amount of company cash on business trips etc, team building - Totally Sanctimonious behaviour - sadly there are many staff members who can't see through this.

Another fprm of Sanctimonious behaviour is people loudly bleating on about how much they love the job, and how passionate they are about the job, and how much they love the company - when they are the first ones out the door at 4pm - and usually looking for other jobs all the time quietly, and trying to push their work out to other people.

bosses who reject due sobre-minded process in favour of gimmicky yee-haa cowboy goforit sentiment

everything ends up in a heap and they say it is because people did not work hard enough whereas it is actually because there was no f*cking planning

Guest theboltonfury

In my work place I have a colleague who refuses to have the blinds open wide and the security shutters open and all the lights on (she has a hissey fit otherwise). This is on the premise that she gets too much glare on her screen, which of course is a nonsense as the windows are north facing and her screen is not in direct line of sight of the window. She has been absent for the last two days and I have managed to get some serious work done as the atmosphere has been far less depressed/oppressive.

I'm only hopeful of Local Government cuts :lol:

Have you considered another chip shop?

Have you considered another chip shop?

I think you're confusing me with Ken.