House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marmite

Last Ever Working Lunch

http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2010/07/the-end-of-working-lunch.html

Did anyone notice that today was the last ever working lunch after 16 years.

How significant is this ?? Credit drying up, housing prices going down, pensions not paying what was expected, the market maybe sitting on the edge of a cliff ???

No wants financial information during bad times, who wants to work hard for returns and investigate for themselves. Surely if I just do what declan and the bird from Blue Peter tells me, it will all be just fine.............. Thats until it isnt

Guest Noodle

http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2010/07/the-end-of-working-lunch.html

Did anyone notice that today was the last ever working lunch after 16 years.

How significant is this ?? Credit drying up, housing prices going down, pensions not paying what was expected, the market maybe sitting on the edge of a cliff ???

No wants financial information during bad times, who wants to work hard for returns and investigate for themselves. Surely if I just do what declan and the bird from Blue Peter tells me, it will all be just fine.............. Thats until it isnt

Maybe it took the Beeb 16 years to realize that slot was targeting the wrong audience.

Is The Money Programme still on over there?

Viewing figures had slumped I heard. Never really liked the 'revamp' really especially with Declan no replacement for Adrian Chiles. I particularly disliked that short walk across to the sofa by the guest, cringeworthy most of the time.

Shall miss Naga though. The highlights of past programs showed here with a school ma'm cape and cane......

YUK - that Declan character made me reach for the sick bag - I'm sure he's Ray Boulger's brother - fat sh*t piece of lard - always plugging "properdee-always-goes-up" - licking his chops -

I BET he is a BTL multiple owner..........

Good riddance.

Declan O'Curry is a stalwart of BBC current affairs programming and another slot will be found for him. The BBC is proud to employ the fattest best reporters and will pay whatever it takes to stay ahead of Sky.

Kind regards

Fiona (wow what a f u c k ing pension I have to look forward to at licence payers' expense) C untwell

BBC HR

It was good (ish) until they changed the format a year or two ago. I haven't made much effort to watch it since.

YUK - that Declan character made me reach for the sick bag - I'm sure he's Ray Boulger's brother - fat sh*t piece of lard - always plugging "properdee-always-goes-up" - licking his chops -

I BET he is a BTL multiple owner..........

Good riddance.

You have such an eloquent turn of phrase. It made me howl with laughter

Guest Noodle

You have such an eloquent turn of phrase. It made me howl with laughter

Eric is HPC's finest.

I want to know wtf the cakes were all about.

As a viewer what benefit did I get from this?

tim

Was it Naga Confetti?

Anyway, mods move this junk to off-topic or something.

edit: What do you mean you're at work?

I used to watch it quite often, but that soon stopped after that revamp 2-3 years ago.

Thwy changed it from a financial program to a consumer affairs program, cutting out anything remotely technical, slashing the time didicated to markets and dumbed everything down to the extent they they'll probably explain what a pound coin is before expalining that the cost of cakes had doubled.

To me the program died the minute they got rid of the goldfish!

I stopped watching when they changed it. It was rubbish after.

I saw a a section of an episode on mortgages the other week.

She was talking about "INTEREST FREE LOANS", I dont think she understood interest only.

I haven't seen it in years. Was this twerp still on it?

2cacyc.jpg

He just turned up for the free lunch.

* Oh, Lurker07 beat me to it.

I stopped watching when they changed it. It was rubbish after.

I saw a a section of an episode on mortgages the other week.

She was talking about "INTEREST FREE LOANS", I dont think she understood interest only.

Thick cow.

Maybe it's a rare piece of forward thinking by the BBC, realising in a few months there won't be anyone working in the UK

10 years of crap returns from stocks probably didn't help.

Compare the number of stock programmes to property programmes.

The end of working Lunch may be an indicator to the value of stocks- i.e. Low. Are we near the bottom?

Sad to see it finish, obviously in its heyday the tension between thick brummie footie fan Adrian and charming Adam was part of the fun, with roving reporter Rob being a commercial Paul Morley sans Frankie Goes To Hollywood, and whatever became of Gillian Lacey-Solymar nee Shalamar with her pre- Knebworth Genesis hair. Sigh...Virginia Eastman, back to Oz and out of my dreams, and all those brilliant experts, Simon Calder, holidays, pensions, tax, benefits, BT and a million other things, you name it, they had an expert. Brilliant.

Best of all, Paddy O' Connell, when he was presenting alongside Adam Shaw it was pure Camomile Lawn, obviously totally spoilt when Joe Mangle turned up, way before Declan Curry's cakes and property ramping.

The re-vamp was frightening, offering True Blood instead of nineteen year old single white female juice, no way it could continue in such vein. Naga Munchetty continued to amaze, with more shoes than Imelda Marcos, but it wasn't enough.

So long Working Lunch, truly The One Show for intellectuals, alas no more. W12 tears in heaven.