Spotted On Rightmove

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Was doing my usual search of 5 mile radius of Exeter when this modest pied a terre cropped up for a cool £6 million

Fill your boots

I believe it's Nigel Mansells

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/Mansell-mansion-market/article-2409481-detail/article.html

Used to be.

Ronnie Wood's 13M house in "richmond" is SSTC

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26825992.html

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The other place at £35m is beyond a joke. Yes, it's in a nice part of London, but it's hardly secluded, doesn't have much ground and isn't huge.

11,000 sq ft isn't a large house ? What is a large house then ? This year a flat in London sold for £6000 sq/ft, so yes in the real world it's hideously expensive, but it's not inordinately expensive compared to its peers.

Edited by exiges

HOLA4411

I can just about see £6m for the first one. An awesome place which does have some rather grotesque design inside.

The other place at £35m is beyond a joke. Yes, it's in a nice part of London, but it's hardly secluded, doesn't have much ground and isn't huge.

At just over £3k per sqft, it is massively expensive. Top end properties in St John's Wood / Hapmstead seem to trade at somewhere in the region of £1.5k per sqft.

Acacia Road is also quite a busy through street connecting Avenue Road and the Finchley Road. The smell from the horses at the nearby barracks also pervades that area.

I suppose that they are looking for a rich Russian who doesn't care about relative value.

HOLA4412

I can just about see £6m for the first one. An awesome place which does have some rather grotesque design inside.

I agree and I suspect the £35m is developer ego.

The £35m house is large, but not that large for the money.  Actually the ground and second floors are not much bigger than my ground and second floors, and its only much large than my house because it has two more layers.  And BTW my house doesn't cost £17m!!!!

I also know you can buy some similarly large and equally nice houses though perhaps not as modern in their specification in equally prime areas of London for considerably less than £10m.

So unless the vendors finds a particularly thick banker or Sheik, I would suggest he will struggle.

At a guess, I'd wouldn't value the property at more £12m for the spec and location.

HOLA4413

11,000 sq ft isn't a large house ?  What is a large house then ?  This year a flat in London sold for £6000 sq/ft, so yes in the real world it's hideously expensive, but it's not inordinately expensive compared to its peers.

But flat prices have always been much higher per square foot than houses.  I reckon the property is overpriced by a factor of 3.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest Noodle

Was doing my usual search of 5 mile radius of Exeter when this modest pied a terre cropped up for a cool £6 million

Fill your boots

Painfully pretty, apart from that living room ceiling with concentric circles.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Is that Myra Hindley's mugshot masquerading as art hanging in full view of the marital bed??!!!??? :o

There was a piece in a paper about it on MSE mentioning that. It's vile and says something about who lives in the house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1298502/Rolling-Stones-party-palace-13m.html

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA4419
Guest Noodle

There was a piece in a paper about it on MSE mentioning that. It's vile and says something about who lives in the house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1298502/Rolling-Stones-party-palace-13m.html

Ronnie and Jo bought the house in 1997 for just under £2million
Ever dreamed of living like a Rolling Stone? Well, here’s your chance to follow in the footsteps of one of rock’n’roll’s wild men... if you have £13million to spare.

:(

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Fill your boots

If the current owner did buy it in 2005 for around £14M, then that place is now selling for under half the original price! That means the place has cost the guy over £4K per day in depreciation. It suggests he paid a big premium for buying it from a celebrity. :blink: