House Price Crash Forum

Wow, is this bloke going to get a word in over his missus' shrill American voice?

Women have a lot to answer for with this housing boom, I'm sure this guy would be perfectly happy in a small, sensible place, but wimmin just absolutely have to give the right impression

"If she likes it I'll like it" :lol:

Man up you ******* pussy

The other couple buying with a 300k, 5 times joint salary, 100% mortgage in 2007 at the top of the boom :lol:

Krusty "It's on at 259950 but they want to sell, so offer 249950" :lol:

Yeah, that's a really cheeky offer Krusty :lol:

Just me in here :unsure:

No I'm here too.

Also finding funny.

Spiney.

I see disaster ahead for this pair of witless young muppets. 'You just have to jump in there and take a chance...'

Shared ownership...

Oh dear...

Advising the other couple to buy a 345k shared ownership shoe box at the peak of the housing bubble

"it's got a river view" she says craning her neck

"a twin aspect kitchen!!" she squeals, she's obviously been reading the 2007 property cliche book

"we just have to go for it and take the risk, everyone else is" she wails, as another hen-pecked husband nods sagely

This feckless young couple will be in trouble soon enough.

Did you see that screenshot of their street with the identikit mini-houses? I would slit my wrists if I found myself tied to a bint living in a place like that.

Edit: Blimey, perhaps you are talking about *this* next couple in their 1/2 bedroom flat! CRAZY.

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

Did you see that screenshot of their street with the identikit mini-houses? I would slit my wrists if I found myself tied to a bint living in a place like that.

Yep, I just can't see the attraction

A little street of people striving to look more successful than they are, identi-kit immaculate homes and lawns, Audi on the drive, I think I'd end up burying her under the patio and getting russian hookers around every weekend

Looks like the Asian couple are about to dodge the bullet, but one assumes there is a purchase before the end of the show, unless they don't get to buy before the market went pop

Edited by pete.hpc

Phil "This is a great future investment....... If you don't buy it i'll buy it myself"

Great advice Phil, hasn't he gone bust?

Spiney.

Ha, this is brilliant, a happy ending finally. By luck more than judgement they couldn't buy before the market collapsed

Phil "This is a great future investment....... If you don't buy it i'll buy it myself"

Great advice Phil, hasn't he gone bust?

Yep, Phil Spencer there trying to buy MOAR MOAR investment pwopertees just before stage one of the great crash

Edited by pete.hpc

316k for a basement two bedroom flat in Kensington... great for a very rich bachelor, but I suspect they will be s tuck there for quite a while, unless they are very rich / rich family, which is entirely possible. Pworn pworn pworn.

Wow, is this bloke going to get a word in over his missus' shrill American voice?

Women have a lot to answer for with this housing boom, I'm sure this guy would be perfectly happy in a small, sensible place, but wimmin just absolutely have to give the right impression

There is a brilliant quote here about how 'one should not compare what you can rent with what you can buy' - why not Phil? Is someone's quality of life not more important than the premium of buying a tiny one-bedroom flat in Acton for £240K....

We need a HPC version of this show. "You want how much?!, dont be so effing stupid" or "How about putting in a cheeky offer to the vendor? hmmm... how does 50% off asking price sound?"

We need a HPC version of this show. "You want how much?!, dont be so effing stupid" or "How about putting in a cheeky offer to the vendor? hmmm... how does 50% off asking price sound?"

I take that back, it is already turning into a parody of itself anyway.

"I have heard the vendor is keen to sell" - well dur, one might expect that given the property was on the market...

There is a brilliant quote here about how 'one should not compare what you can rent with what you can buy' - why not Phil? Is someone's quality of life not more important than the premium of buying a tiny one-bedroom flat in Acton for £240K....

When was this rubbish first recorded? Pre-credit crunch, but much before? C4 really should be ashamed of airing this schisse in the current climate. Unless tomorrow there's 'We Located, Located, Located' interviewing, today, the poor schmucks who bought overpriced bughuts in 2007 and are in neg eq.

... oh it is a 'retrospective'... the Merican girl and hubby have been in a year and got a kid on the way. That's nice. Hope they can afford everything on his salary.

Edited by GrinAndBearIt

"with 100% mortgage it's excellent that they can build equity into this place" it's 249 - top of their budget and needs work. Which obviously the magic fairies pay for.

AGGGGHHHHH

:)

So in the end they spend 316k on a basement flat.

;-/

Edited by SarahBell

Yes but did you notice that at the end of the show they had the basement flat valued and they had a £40k profit (yeah right valued by whom?) but they didn't mention how much the shoe box in Windsor would be worth. Why would that be?

"with 100% mortgage it's excellent that they can build equity into this place" it's 249 - top of their budget and needs work. Which obviously the magic fairies pay for.

AGGGGHHHHH

:)

So in the end they spend 316k on a basement flat.

;-/

Yes but did you notice that at the end of the show they had the basement flat valued and they had a £40k profit (yeah right valued by whom?) but they didn't mention how much the shoe box in Windsor would be worth. Why would that be?

Oh quite. It's valued by someone who's insane. but at least they got two bedrooms so can get a lodger to help pay the mortgage...