House Price Crash Forum
Pearshape

Anyone Else Got The Feeling......

Certainly where i work im seeing the signs (housing), that developement programs are starting to be extended, that aside we have;

1) Gold flashing red signals

2) More houses on the market than buyers

3) Rising Government deficits

4) Riots in deficit countries

5) Continued speal of coutries pulling from the euro

6) Extend and pretend policies on mark to market

7) Deflation being publicly debated

8) US talk of QE 2.0

9) Strong falls on stock markets

10) BOE talking about inflation threats (bet we see housing added to the cpi or rpi)

11) The pulling of index rated bonds from NSandI

Could be wrong, but, if the stock market rises over the summer it will confirm in my own mind we are going to see the crash part 2 - however if we see stock market falls all summer, i think we may see the crack up boom also much talked about.

Thoughts?

Certainly where i work im seeing the signs (housing), that developement programs are starting to be extended, that aside we have;

8) US talk of QE 2.0

10) BOE talking about inflation threats (bet we see housing added to the cpi or rpi)

Could be wrong, but, if the stock market rises over the summer it will confirm in my own mind we are going to see the crash part 2 - however if we see stock market falls all summer, i think we may see the crack up boom also much talked about.

Thoughts?

Has Cheryl Cole recovered from malaria?

Has Cheryl Cole recovered from malaria?

Yep i noted that on the front pages of the papers today - keep the sheeple distracted.

Great book to readis "Representation", by stuart hall. - touches on phsycology and the basics of ideological control.

Yep i noted that on the front pages of the papers today - keep the sheeple distracted.

Great book to readis "Representation", by stuart hall. - touches on phsycology and the basics of ideological control.

I didn't know but just googled and found out she is up and about again. Thank heavens.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1298460/Daily-Mail-Cheryl-Cole-pictured-time-contracting-malaria.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

surely a crack up boom would mean that money is sucked away into assets.....a falling asset market would indicate the opposite.

and, as houses are paid for by loans....a boom of that type is unlikely....till next round....and we havent left this BUST yet...its just being drugged and kept alive in the hope it wont revive.

they think they have it contained.

Thanks.

Oh dear.

So crack up booms are not good for housing bears?

Spiney.

It all depends.... On how many guns'n'beans they've laid in.

Which reminds me, we haven't had a good TEOTWAKI thread for a while (not that I've seen, anyhow). Anybody got The List (of essentail bunker supplies)?

PS: How's the Baltic dry index looking?

Edited by General Melchett

Which reminds me, we haven't had a good TEOTWAKI thread for a while (not that I've seen, anyhow). Anybody got The List (of essentail bunker supplies)?

Re baltic dry index - it has a PNF chart bearish signal at zero !

Oh I see, don't have any guns got a few bows though.

Spiney.

Re baltic dry index - it has a PNF chart bearish signal at zero !

Is that bad?

I can never follow most of these chart thingies on here. They always seem to be one label short of an explanation.

Is that bad?

I can never follow most of these chart thingies on here. They always seem to be one label short of an explanation.

Its bad - but i wouldnt read too much into it - we are at a cross roads that will last till late October, only then i think we will know what way we are turning - ill be at cash till then - and ready to preserve cash, or to stay at cash - one thing is for sure we are approcahing a junction, and staring into the abyss of either hyperinflation or depression part two (three?). The charts at present are distorted by too much governement money.

Its a good time to sit tight and see what will be , will be.

Oh I see, don't have any guns got a few bows though.

Spiney.

I wouldn't get to excited about hyperinflation yet, could well be deflation where cash is king.

I really can't see it going weimer here.

Saying that, sound familiar?:

By 1923, the Republic claimed it could no longer afford the reparations payments required by the Versailles Treaty, and the government defaulted on some payments. In response, French and Belgian troops occupied the Ruhr region, Germany's most productive industrial region at the time, taking control of most mining and manufacturing companies in January 1923. Strikes were called, and passive resistance was encouraged. These strikes lasted eight months, further damaging the economy and increasing the expense of imports. The strike prevented goods from being produced. This infuriated the French, who began to kill and exile protestors in the region.

Since striking workers were paid benefits by the state, much additional currency was printed, fueling a period of hyperinflation. The 1920s German inflation started when Germany had no goods with which to trade. The government printed money to deal with the crisis; this allowed Germany to pay war loans and reparations with worthless marks, and helped formerly great industrialists to pay back their own loans. This also led to pay raises for workers and for businessmen who wanted to profit from it. Circulation of money rocketed, and soon the Germans discovered their money was worthless. The value of the Papiermark had declined from 4.2 per US dollar at the outbreak of World War I to 1 million per dollar by August 1923. This led to further criticism of the Republic. On 15 November 1923, a new currency, the Rentenmark, was introduced at the rate of 1 trillion (1,000,000,000,000) Papiermark for one Rentenmark, an action known as a monetary reset. At that time, one U.S. dollar was equal to 4.2 Rentenmark. Reparation payments resumed, and the Ruhr was returned to Germany under the Locarno Pact, which defined a border between Germany, France and Belgium.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weimar_Republic?wasRedirected=true

Edited by Pent Up

8) US talk of QE 2.0

Thoughts?

As we are apparently over 4TR in debt with rising unemployment and our two best customers in trouble (at least the EZ was a few days ago but they seem to have paid off all their debt yesterday and confidence is soaring....again). Two bellwethers are saying the future is rosy: the Pound is soaring and the FTSE has recovered 300 points in the last couple of weeks or so. There is no evidence of austerity--no actual people fired or let go and manufacturing is booming.

It all sounds too good to be true IMO. I am staying out of stocks and out of sterling--I just do not trust the euphoric goings on right now.

I am inclined to agree with the growing pessimism (on Wall St at least) about gold and its inability to break out of an ever decreasing and tight range. What is this saying? People are averse to risk and nothing is riskier right now than gold, the Pound and Euros.

I do believe the US is going into a double dip although they claim GDP growth will be three times higher than us this year at 3.1%. Maybe--they could be first in and first out.

And to top it all House Prices are still standing--but starting their descent at least.