House Price Crash Forum

Ea Email Communication

HOLA441

ah, also - I got a great email today from an estate agent - with all 700 clients email addresses in the CC list! Now I can hit REPLY TO ALL (if I like) and tell them all to visit HPC!

Please do it. I'll give you monies if you do. About 3.2 million Ugandan Dollars should cover it.

HOLA442

Nope. It's like specials on a menu. They are usually made up from the food that's going off. Or the star buy in car showroom. It's the crap they can't shift due to it being an overpriced banger that they traded in for too much.

Hey, I had a special for my main course at a restaurant this evening, and it was superb!

I treat the specials on an equal basis with regular menus, and pick something I expect to like. Ditto on rightmove, if I like the look of a place I'm not going to let premium listing put me off (and since I get them via RSS, it doesn't stand out at me anyway).

HOLA443

Hey, I had a special for my main course at a restaurant this evening, and it was superb!

I treat the specials on an equal basis with regular menus, and pick something I expect to like. Ditto on rightmove, if I like the look of a place I'm not going to let premium listing put me off (and since I get them via RSS, it doesn't stand out at me anyway).

Ditto. Some of the premium listings are better houses, imo, although often with a hefty premium in the price(although not always). They all get looked at regardless.

peakoil, please send the email..(or at least forward it to someone on here who'll do it on your behalf.). Happy to do it!

Edited by cheeznbreed

HOLA444
HOLA445

ah, also - I got a great email today from an estate agent - with all 700 clients email addresses in the CC list! Now I can hit REPLY TO ALL (if I like) and tell them all to visit HPC!

Do e-mail addresses count as personal information? If they do, then I'd say the f**kwit could also be in trouble re: the Data Protection Act. If you don't hit reply, you could at least report him for that.

Edited by Oh Give Me A Home

HOLA446

Do e-mail addresses count as personal information? If they do, then I'd say the f**kwit could also be in trouble re: the Data Protection Act. If you don't hit reply, you could at least report him for that.

Hit reply, claim it was an accident. One of the other recipients will report him, I am sure.

HOLA447

I've had two call me in the past couple of days, asking whether I'd like to view this, that or the other.

When I first started looking, about 3 months ago, nobody was chasing. On the contrary, just about every time I called about any property, they would tell me in that condescending tone that it had just gone under offer.

One of those has fallen through and been reduced twice since then.

I agree - I don't even bother talking to EAs. The most I do is stand outside their shopfronts looking really interested studying each ad in their window carefully but shaking my head with a kind of 'tut tut' like expression on my face. I'm actually counting the number of stickers on the price label - we are only at 25% level at the mo - I'm waiting for 75% before I go in and talk to anyone.

Edited by Reluctant Heretic

HOLA448

Start a new thread.

Offer them all a free HPC valuation if they send you a link to their listing.

HOLA449

Start a new thread.

Offer them all a free HPC valuation if they send you a link to their listing.

I would just reply to them all, removing the EA's email address, and post a few links to Housepricecrash.

Coud be the best thing you do to get lower prices in your area. If that had happened with me I wold have done it by one.

One link to the the charts, one to the forum, one to the main page.

You never know, you might strike up a dialogue with a few desperate sellers or get some interesting feedback.

HOLA4410

completely agree with the negative comments about those red stickers.

vendors absolutely do view them as a 'cheaper alternative' to a realistic price/a price cut.

for this reason i absolutely ignore any property i see for the first time that has such a sticker... as a very deliberate policy i will close down that tab on my browser as quickly as i can.

the stickers scream out 'possibly nice but absolutely for definite overpriced'. i find them commonly used by 'twigs in a jar' merchants, the idiots who've spent five grand on extremely superficial improvements that they hope will add anything from £25k up to, well, KFH in chislehurst last summer showed me a properdee with what seemed to be a quartre million pound loft extension. i'm pretty sure it had a sticker. i made my excuses as quickly as i could.

Edited by the flying pig

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

from the EA...........

Dear Client

It is undoubtedly a difficult market for all sellers right now and please be assured I can appreciate your frustration at the low level of buyer interest out there at present. (We are unable to attract buyers for your overpriced property)

From my conversations with other agents I know that this frustration is being experienced by all agents and all other sellers. (Please do not take the property off us and give it to another agent. They are no better at selling overpriced property than we are.)

With buyers so thin on the ground right now you have to make sure that your property stands out from the crowd. (With buyers unable to buy at current prices, you need to think about dropping your price)

If you are not already benefiting from the enhanced exposure offered by a Rightmove Premium Display advert (we have no idea if you already have a Premium Display advert and are too lazy to look it up) - please let me strongly recommend an upgrade as this enhancement of how your property appears in search results will bring more potential buyers to your full advert at Rightmove. This will increase your chances of selling. (It is a well known fact that a bigger, more prominent advert makes people pay more for the same thing. Last year a premium car maker took full centre page spreads in the Sunday Telegraph and sold 4 luxury vehicles for nearly 50k more than the list price)

I believe firmly this is the single most effective thing you can do next to a price reduction in order to attract more interest and it could well prove to be a much, much cheaper option than shaving £'thousands off your asking price. (I apologise for mentioning the words 'price reduction' - I know we told you we would get 450k for your property - but, in a market based on affordability rather than aspirational daydreams courtesy of fairytale bank lending, your house is, in fact, only 'worth' about half what it is on the market for)

You can read more about Rightmove Premium Display at their website by following this link: http://www.rightmove...g-13372440.html

At just £125 (*for the lifetime of the listing or 12 months, whichever is sooner) it really is well worth it. (Why we don't pay for it is beyond me. I mean, if it's such a good idea, and we work on a no-sale, no-fee basis, why the feck isn't every listing a Premium listing eh? I can't believe what a bunck of f u c kwits we are.)

Please let me know if you would like to upgrade your listing at Rightmove and I will advise you on payment options and get it sorted out for you straight away. (Actually, it may not be such a dead cert and we don't want to waste any more of our money, it is time for you to waste some of your money)

Give your advert the edge over these summer (autumn winter spring) months with Rightmove Premium Display. (Couldn't think of any more to write other than 'Do it now, we need the kickback on the advert)