House Price Crash Forum
concerned_money

Ea Email Communication

from the EA...........

Dear Client

It is undoubtedly a difficult market for all sellers right now and please be assured I can appreciate your frustration at the low level of buyer interest out there at present.

From my conversations with other agents I know that this frustration is being experienced by all agents and all other sellers.

With buyers so thin on the ground right now you have to make sure that your property stands out from the crowd.

If you are not already benefiting from the enhanced exposure offered by a Rightmove Premium Display advert - please let me strongly recommend an upgrade as this enhancement of how your property appears in search results will bring more potential buyers to your full advert at Rightmove. This will increase your chances of selling.

I believe firmly this is the single most effective thing you can do next to a price reduction in order to attract more interest and it could well prove to be a much, much cheaper option than shaving £'thousands off your asking price.

You can read more about Rightmove Premium Display at their website by following this link: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/upgrade-to-premium-listing-13372440.html

At just £125 (*for the lifetime of the listing or 12 months, whichever is sooner) it really is well worth it.

Please let me know if you would like to upgrade your listing at Rightmove and I will advise you on payment options and get it sorted out for you straight away.

Give your advert the edge over these summer months with Rightmove Premium Display.

from the EA...........

<snip>

I believe firmly this is the single most effective thing you can do next to a price reduction in order to attract more interest and it could well prove to be a much, much cheaper option than shaving £'thousands off your asking price.

Not if you don't sell, it isn't.

So you can advertise on Rightmove for £125 (Plus VAT?) without having to use an EA?

I wish, but you can get on for 250quid via a sell-it-yourself type outfit.

Im looking to upgrade or buy a second place to rent, interesting contrasting the realworld Vs HPC doom :lol:

Things are tough out there rightnow, the phone hasn't rung in nearly a month - I recently reduced another 3% too !!!!!

Had an estate agent phone me today, informing me a property nearby has reduced 5%.

When was the last time an EA called you to tout - they must be desperately quiet in the office :lol:

Im looking to upgrade or buy a second place to rent, interesting contrasting the realworld Vs HPC doom :lol:

Things are tough out there rightnow, the phone hasn't rung in nearly a month - I recently reduced another 3% too !!!!!

Had an estate agent phone me today, informing me a property nearby has reduced 5%.

When was the last time an EA called you to tout - they must be desperately quiet in the office :lol:

Your post contradicts itself.

Thanks for the email it's just the sort of thing that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

But your looking to buy a second place to rent? So a BTL? Why on earth are you posting on HPC?

I've seen a number of these premium listings and I don't really understand it. If you are in the market for a house between £XX and £YY with 4 beds etc. etc. - then you'll look at all of them that match EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO ####GOD FORBID#### SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE!

What a waste of time and money.

I've spoken to two people this week who have loads of equity in their houses buy say they can't sell them.

I said the same to each of them:

You would sell your house in 15 minutes if it was priced at £10k so somewhere BETWEEN £10k and YOUR PRICE is the MARKET PRICE at which it would sell in a week or two. Sure your buyers might have problems with their chains etc., but you would have offers and interest AT THE MARKET PRICE.

Here's the way I see it....

Most people on this forum seem pretty intelligent by turn of phrase and analysis (even the tin foil hatters from time to time) so what you have to do is think of the most stupid person you can think of... then realise that half the population are dumber than them.

ah, also - I got a great email today from an estate agent - with all 700 clients email addresses in the CC list! Now I can hit REPLY TO ALL (if I like) and tell them all to visit HPC!

I've seen a number of these premium listings and I don't really understand it. If you are in the market for a house between £XX and £YY with 4 beds etc. etc. - then you'll look at all of them that match EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO ####GOD FORBID#### SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE!

What a waste of time and money.

I've spoken to two people this week who have loads of equity in their houses buy say they can't sell them.

I said the same to each of them:

You would sell your house in 15 minutes if it was priced at £10k so somewhere BETWEEN £10k and YOUR PRICE is the MARKET PRICE at which it would sell in a week or two. Sure your buyers might have problems with their chains etc., but you would have offers and interest AT THE MARKET PRICE.

Here's the way I see it....

Most people on this forum seem pretty intelligent by turn of phrase and analysis (even the tin foil hatters from time to time) so what you have to do is think of the most stupid person you can think of... then realise that half the population are dumber than them.

People think they can market a house like they can an item on ebay.

ah, also - I got a great email today from an estate agent - with all 700 clients email addresses in the CC list! Now I can hit REPLY TO ALL (if I like) and tell them all to visit HPC!

Now if I have ever heard of a MUST DO thing then this is it.

Make sure you add the 7 trumpets of news from the various sources and a few linkys to graphs.

And so it begins.

Excellent guerilla marketing for the site - suits your avatar perfectly!

Now if I have ever heard of a MUST DO thing then this is it.

Make sure you add the 7 trumpets of news from the various sources and a few linkys to graphs.

And so it begins.

Please please do this and post the replies. :D

Edited by Pent Up

With buyers so thin on the ground right now you have to make sure that your property stands out from the crowd.

If you are not already benefiting from the enhanced exposure offered by a Rightmove Premium Display advert - please let me strongly recommend an upgrade as this enhancement of how your property appears in search results will bring more potential buyers to your full advert at Rightmove. This will increase your chances of selling.

Wow, this is pisspoor. I had to read through it 3 times just to figure it out.

Vendor pays £125 and they put a red sticker on his listing? Yippee...

OK, what's really happening is that EA's must be sweating to meet the costs of advertising on Rightmove. They're in a bind because they can't NOT advertise on Rightmove. So what this really represents is some kind of retroactive discount to the EA, at no real cost to Rightmove itself. Nasty.

I'm amazed they don't all go for the Premium Listing. Who can resist the "Eye catching red premium sticker" and a "Bigger bolder price"?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/upgrade-to-premium-listing-13372440.html

Presumably estate agents get part of the £125 extra fee so this is why they are trying to "help" vendors?

I know..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

but to be fair they soften ya'all up with a bit of "why shave 1000's off when you could just have the Eye catching red premium sticker"

I find myself skimming over the 'Premium Listings' whilst viewing rightmove - my sub-conscious shouts 'OVERPRICED' and I move on.

Is it just me?

Nope. It's like specials on a menu. They are usually made up from the food that's going off. Or the star buy in car showroom. It's the crap they can't shift due to it being an overpriced banger that they traded in for too much.

Edited by pie-eater

I've had two call me in the past couple of days, asking whether I'd like to view this, that or the other.

When I first started looking, about 3 months ago, nobody was chasing. On the contrary, just about every time I called about any property, they would tell me in that condescending tone that it had just gone under offer.

One of those has fallen through and been reduced twice since then.

Nope. It's like specials on a menu. They are usually made up from the food that's going off. Or the star buy in car showroom. It's the crap they can't shift due to it being an overpriced banger that they traded in for too much.

+1. Whenever I see a "Premium Listing" on Rightmove I assume it's a desperate seller looking to offload a property with something wrong with it (otherwise why wouldn't it sell under a normal listing)... and move swiftly on.