House Price Crash Forum
Mikhail Liebenstein

Britain To Be Biggest Country In Europe By 2050

What 40 years from now?  I suspect we'll all be living to 100 and be expected to work to 90 years of age.

Think you might have got that the wrong way around....

What 40 years from now? I suspect we'll all be living to 100 and be expected to work to 90 years of age.

Already predicted by The Squid in their 2007 "N11 dream" paper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRIC

We overtake Germany in absolute GDP terms somewhere between 2040 and 2045.

We stay well out in front in GDP per capita terms, beating all countries apart from the US.

Goldman has Korea pegged to overtake the UK to second place in GDP per capita terms from 2045 :( They're banking on reunification after North Korea destroys itself. Looks like it's all going to plan of late.

Who are the American idiots that make up this drivel? Seriously. What a total load of utter bunk and from some unheard of load of nutters in the US. I really wish when fruitloop newspapers (like the Torygraph) print made up twaddle they really would give some data about the originators of the nonsense. Daydreaming on my part I suppose as if they did that even the kind of halfwit that reads the paper would see why its nonsense.

Who are the American idiots that make up this drivel? Seriously. What a total load of utter bunk and from some unheard of load of nutters in the US. I really wish when fruitloop newspapers (like the Torygraph) print made up twaddle they really would give some data about the originators of the nonsense. Daydreaming on my part I suppose as if they did that even the kind of halfwit that reads the paper would see why its nonsense.

Well put! Luckily close to 100% of the long term predictions are wrong anyway (I invented that statistic myself, but if the MSM can do it, so can I ;))

What 40 years from now?  I suspect we'll all be living to 100 and be expected to work to 90 years of age.

You might live to 100, and get the state pension at 90 , but your days in the job market will be long gone prior to then , the age that people are becoming unemployable is reducing and with all those young earger immigrants willing to work for peanuts you will be pushed out way before any pension comes your way.

Is there a huge land reclamation project underway that none of us have heard about?

Or did they mean that Britain will be the most populous country in Europe by 2050?

Is there a huge land reclamation project underway that none of us have heard about?

Or did they mean that Britain will be the most populous country in Europe by 2050?

The polymer additives to the gulf coast slick will soon set and well be joined to the US by a huge thick sheet of plastic.

Open your eyes.

Beat me to it.

I was wondering if a large, forecourt compressed air line would be involved.

No, haven't you heard? Its global warming you dummy. The increase in temperatures is drying up all the sea which will make the UK land mass larger. It will have less of an effect on France since it is partially land-locked and even less of an effect on Germany. We can therefore all play our part in accelerating Britain's ascendancy to being the biggest country in Europe by driving bigger cars to speed up the warming process (just make sure they are no French or German though).

I remember seeing this on a quality Channel 5 documentary, which was backed up by some good pictures in the Sun and Mirror.....honest.

As she sinks down six feet under the weight of the population. :rolleyes:

You are quite possibly the most stupid person on this forum. The media needs morons like you to keep propping up house prices with the lies it prints. I think you might be better off on MSE or somewhere like that. Its full of losers too :D

Already predicted by The Squid in their 2007 "N11 dream" paper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRIC

We overtake Germany in absolute GDP terms somewhere between 2040 and 2045.

We stay well out in front in GDP per capita terms, beating all countries apart from the US.

Goldman has Korea pegged to overtake the UK to second place in GDP per capita terms from 2045 :( They're banking on reunification after North Korea destroys itself. Looks like it's all going to plan of late.

Yes, well, all that just goes to show that you really cant take any notice of people who pretend they can predict the future 30 odd years in advance, especially if they're experts.

You can believe it if you like, of course, and even plan for it. Just don't expect it to happen. "We" are unlikely to overtake anyone, particularly Germany, unless of course the UK adopts pathetic bleating and hopeless wishing as the chief indicator for GDP.