House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldsport

Lady Gaga Singing Normally In This Video

I came across this video on Youtube of Lady Gaga playing piano and singing. It was not what I was expecting at all but I can’t make my mind up as to whether she’s really good or not, though.

My first thought was that she seems to have a really good natural singing voice, deep and sexy.

Then I started thinking maybe the reason I think it’s good is because I’ve come to expect so little of today’s popstars and that this is just standard cocktail bar kind of stuff.

Anyone have a view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUYvWTd6oA

Yip, she's a good musician and performer. All her chart stuff is pumped up with '80s euro club style production, so that was very interesting to watch.

They say the hands always give it away, and there is a bit of meat there - still have doubts about he/she.

It's sort of okay disco-pop that's certainly catchy in an annoying way, as a 60 year old woman at work was singing 'Ya-ya-gaga-ya' the other day.

Outside the theatrics and risque lyrics, though, the music is very, very bland pop.

I thought the Scissor Sisters did this stuff much better or even coffee-table acts like Goldfrapp with Ride a White Horse or Oh La La.

It's sort of okay disco-pop that's certainly catchy in an annoying way, as a 60 year old woman at work was singing 'Ya-ya-gaga-ya' the other day.

Outside the theatrics and risque lyrics, though, the music is very, very bland pop.

I thought the Scissor Sisters did this stuff much better or even coffee-table acts like Goldfrapp with Ride a White Horse or Oh La La.

Goldfrapp-"My delerium" is a tune and a half!

Goldfrapp-"My delerium" is a tune and a half!

Actually, I think I'm getting a bit confused. :rolleyes:

Goldfrapp-Rocket is the one I was thinking of..

and Ladyhawke-My Delerium

Never mind.

Yip, she's a good musician and performer. All her chart stuff is pumped up with '80s euro club style production, so that was very interesting to watch.

They say the hands always give it away, and there is a bit of meat there - still have doubts about he/she.

The first 1 min 30 sec of this is acoustic and is also very interesting

quite a different sort of singing to the first one and for a few seconds in the middle achingly beautiful

seems very versatile with great control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIvhs1DLHEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIvhs1DLHEI

EDIT add link as embed not working

I came across this video on Youtube of Lady Gaga playing piano and singing. It was not what I was expecting at all but I can’t make my mind up as to whether she’s really good or not, though.

My first thought was that she seems to have a really good natural singing voice, deep and sexy.

Then I started thinking maybe the reason I think it’s good is because I’ve come to expect so little of today’s popstars and that this is just standard cocktail bar kind of stuff.

Anyone have a view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUYvWTd6oA

Yes a very deep, strong voice. Lower than Michael Jackson or Pavarotti, about the same as Placido Domingo.

She can sing. In a way that Madonna never could.

Christina Aguilera is the nuts too.

you gotta be kiddin me

it's all modern American junk

nothing to do with music

you gotta be kiddin me

it's all modern American junk

nothing to do with music

Couldn't tell you whether she is classically trained, but to my ears she has a beautiful disciplined singing voice.

Hope she moves out of pop.. although she's good at it I can't help feel it's a bit wasted on her.

Couldn't tell you whether she is classically trained, but to my ears she has a beautiful disciplined singing voice.

Hope she moves out of pop.. although she's good at it I can't help feel it's a bit wasted on her.

I know it's all a matter of taste. I just dislike this kind of plastic music no matter who sings it.

There's pop and there's pop. Today's pop is fuil of digital junk and there's as little art as possible.

I'd rather listen to this lady:

I know it's all a matter of taste. I just dislike this kind of plastic music no matter who sings it.

There's pop and there's pop. Today's pop is fuil of digital junk and there's as little art as possible.

I love the fact that Kate Bush appears before Kate Moss when doing a Google search (and no, the results are not alphabetical).

Kate Bush was great for a while. The point is Gaga has genuine talent that cynics never suspected. She was paid by record companies in her teens to write songs, plus she has the voice, can play a bit, and shows lots of humour in that performance. And the girlies love the way she dresses and does her makeup.

We'll be hearing from her for years.

Kate Bush was great for a while. The point is Gaga has genuine talent that cynics never suspected. She was paid by record companies in her teens to write songs, plus she has the voice, can play a bit, and shows lots of humour in that performance. And the girlies love the way she dresses and does her makeup.

Well, just like a mcdonalds burger. It's got everything: a white roll, a bit of meat and lots of ketchup. And it's also got taste that cynics never suspected...

Is it just me or is this music like that burger - totally fake and soulless...?

BTW, the girlies will love anything they've been brainwashed by TV to love.

(go to your local club and you'll find dozens of young people who have more talent than lady blabla who's to me is in the same league as that xfactor crap.

sorry, but I simply can't accept soulless entertainment. ;)

As a converted cynic - yes, you are spot on. A real talent, who is doing something quite unique and new. She's not a rehashed version of anyone, and that is a very rare thing.

And she likes tea, so she's ok by me.

Well, just like a mcdonalds burger. It's got everything: a white roll, a bit of meat and lots of ketchup. And it's also got taste that cynics never suspected...

(go to your local club and you'll find dozens of young people who have more talent than lady blabla who's to me is in the same league as that xfactor crap.

No idea what your tastes are. The chart stuff is plastic/McDonalds etc, but plenty of soul in that video. Good to see talent after all the hype.

And girlies have the wisdom of the herd.

I don't mind her at all to be honest, catchy and a bit different.

At least that Kate Nash type crap seems to be dwindling, Christ that was awful.

You might like this lady.....

She may or may not be able to sing; hardly a rare talent in this world. But, her songs are awful. They sound like Eurovision numbers. And the videos! Do not get me started. There is just something so depressing about her. The he/she idea is an interesting one though. Perhaps there is a joke in the 'Lady' Gaga???

Now you're talking! Pure genius! (Wasn't it Pink's Gilmour who found her?).

However, I really like Gaga too, mainly because it sounds like pretty good 80's dance music!

bits sounded nice, the kind of husky singing ideal in a bar. But I can't stand the screaming/wailing that so many girls are doing these days, confusing piercing volume with talent.

Equally there's a good line in Candide if I can find it that broadly applies as well.

Aye, here we go:

Pococurante ordered a concert. Candide praised the music to the skies.

"This noise," said the noble Venetian, "may amuse one for a little time, but if it were to last above half an hour, it would grow tiresome to everybody, though perhaps no one would care to own it. Music has become the art of executing what is difficult; now, whatever is difficult cannot be long pleasing. "I believe I might take more pleasure in an opera, if they had not made such a monster of that species of dramatic entertainment as perfectly shocks me; and I am amazed how people can bear to see wretched tragedies set to music; where the scenes are contrived for no other purpose than to lug in, as it were by the ears, three or four ridiculous songs, to give a favorite actress an opportunity of exhibiting her pipe. Let who will die away in raptures at the trills of a eunuch quavering the majestic part of Caesar or Cato, and strutting in a foolish manner upon the stage, but for my part I have long ago renounced these paltry entertainments, which constitute the glory of modern Italy, and are so dearly purchased by crowned heads."

http://www.literature.org/authors/voltaire/candide/chapter-25.html