House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Deckard

Strike And You Go To Jail

All quiet on the Greek front :blink:

In an advance reminder that the National Lampoon's European Austerity Vacation Tour is coming to an end, and with it come back pestilence, plauge, locusts, flash crashes and 24/7 cripping strikes, the Greek government has just issued a war-time emergency decree which forces striking truck drivers of fuel-tankers to get back to work or face criminal charges and up to five years of jail time (such an order issued to striking US unions would likely lead to civil war almost overnight).

In other words, the Greek austerity plan is working so well, the country now finds itself resorting to wartime measures. As Market News reports, "The drivers had been on strike for three days through Wednesday, protesting a government effort to open up their profession, which is part of the austerity package agreed by Greece in exchange for up to E100 billion in loans from the Eurozone and the IMF. About 70% of gas station owners say they have run out of supplies, while shortages of food and other goods have also been reported, affecting tourism at peak season."

Amusingly the Greek economy resumes its collapse despite the ever louder lies by one version of G-Pap or another that the country's economy is now stronger than ever. Odd then how this works with increasing numbers of striking people: perhaps Greece should fire everyone and see its GDP shoot up by 100%?

Here is the link to the original MarketNews article.

And still the Euro is soaring, and PIIGS debt spreads over Bunds have shrank significantly.

Clearly the market was so impressed with the stressless EU stress tests, that nothing else matters right now :rolleyes:

Guest absolutezero

All quiet on the Greek front :blink:

Here is the link to the original MarketNews article.

And still the Euro is soaring, and PIIGS debt spreads over Bunds have shrank significantly.

Clearly the market was so impressed with the stressless EU stress tests, that nothing else matters right now :rolleyes:

Expect further riots in Greece. I think the problem is too far gone to contain it using the law.

Got to keep feeding the German banksters.

If you ask nicely I may post my Guns of the Navarone singalong vid again.

When we see blood on the streets I dare say Messrs Rothschild will start buying up Corfu........oh, hang on a minute.........

<br />Got to keep feeding the German banksters.<br /><br />If you ask nicely I may post my Guns of the Navarone singalong vid again.<br /><br />When we see blood on the streets I dare say Messrs Rothschild will start buying up Corfu........oh, hang on a minute.........<br />

Ultimately, general strikes wipe bankers (their uber-rich shareholders lose money) Big Business and corrupt govts out

Brings them to their knees - that's why the fierce threats! And when it works in one country . . . . .

On islands, where fuel supplies have totally run out, tourists could be seen abandoning rented cars by the side of the road while yachts remained docked in harbours or drifted out at sea.

Is this true, or just some deluded hack's fantasy?

Anyone with friends out there who can report anedoctals?

Is this true, or just some deluded hack's fantasy?

Anyone with friends out there who can report anedoctals?

I'll let you know when I land tomorrow :blink:

I hope not, 100km is a long walk home :blink::blink:

Just changed banks, at the last one, the manager was stealing money from customer's accounts :huh:

I think this is the opening chord of the great Greek crisis.

There is no way workers in Greek closed-shop industries will give up protectionist employment policies without an almighty fight. They will bring Greece to a standstill.

I think this is the opening chord of the great Greek crisis.

There is no way workers in Greek closed-shop industries will give up protectionist employment policies without an almighty fight. They will bring Greece to a standstill.

The interesting thing will be the government's response. Watch and learn.

Brings them to their knees - that's why the fierce threats! And when it works in one country . . . . .

ooh don't - that kinda talk gets me all wet !

viva the revolution, maybe the greek could shine the light ....happy daze

Does not compute in Injin world...

Firstly they can't imprison everybody

Secondly they don't have the money to imprison everybody.

Thirdly if they are willing to imprison people what happens if this doesn't work?

Will death squads Tianamen square them and gun down crowds of strikers?

In that once the masquarade falls of a 'free' democratic society revealing the despoting elements which control societies then you can't really go back to the way it was.......

Taiwan for instance pretends to be a liberal democracy but in reality it is still a fascist totalitarian state where opposition politicians vanish regularly. Many people know this!

Does not compute in Injin world...

Firstly they can't imprison everybody

Secondly they don't have the money to imprison everybody.

Thirdly if they are willing to imprison people what happens if this doesn't work?

In that once the masquarade falls of a 'free' democratic society revealing the despoting elements which control societies then you can't really go back to the way it was.......

Taiwan for instance pretends to be a liberal democracy but in reality it is still a fascist totalitarian state where opposition politicians vanish regularly. Many people know this!

Greeks are too lazy to imprison everybody.

fear is much more effective, it's amazing what a few public floggings/hangings can achieve.

the same tatics work well in the classroom, outright punishment is almost not effective, nonspecific limitless punishment provides one with almost total control :lol:

non specific threats, occasionally backed up with a massive disproportionate public punishment do the trick vicar :)

fear is much more effective, it's amazing what a few public floggings/hangings can achieve.

the same tatics work well in the classroom, outright punishment is almost not effective, nonspecific limitless punishment provides one with almost total control :lol:

non specific threats, occasionally backed up with a massive disproportionate public punishment do the trick vicar :)

When the victim can work out where you live?

In a world full of chamicals, knowhow and angry people?

Dream on.

If said animal is "dangerous" a normal follow up would be "look things got out of hand, we both regret things went too far....."

The victim (err attacker) had a taste of how things can go, it's their choice after all (err except it's not) :lol:

Timing, verbalised understanding, isolation, attrition of their will to deviate for the system.

After all, it's easier to just conform right ?

I liked this bit :

As Market News reports, "The drivers had been on strike for three days through Wednesday, protesting a government effort to open up their profession.

Why pick on the drivers? Can we put the same policy in place to cover Lawyers, Bankers and Doctors?

Funny how some are in a closed shop and others, the best paid, are in a profession.

And who decides which is which?

The same old...

Guest absolutezero

And this is why trade unions are a good idea.

They avoid bosses being lynched by angry employees.

If said animal is "dangerous" a normal follow up would be "look things got out of hand, we both regret things went too far....."

The victim (err attacker) had a taste of how things can go, it's their choice after all (err except it's not) :lol:

Timing, verbalised understanding, isolation, attrition of their will to deviate for the system.

After all, it's easier to just conform right ?

I dont think 'conforming ' is a concept known to Greeks whatever the threats.

This is a people in search of an argument living in a land divided by mountains and sea with a history of political polarisation and civil war.