House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Nationwide Hpi July 2010 -0.5%

Pretty happy with that, all things considered. As I mentioned yesterday, completions for this month may have been agreed well before the current round of bearish sentiment.

You know how during the boom people used to say how much their house was going up per month?

Well, the average house just got £800 cheaper. For those of us who are waiting to buy, think about that extra money as going into your savings.

And with a bit of meagre savings interest, I feel like I'm attacking it from both ends :)

Edited by Kyoto

And the BBC's take on it is....

House price inflation eases again, says Nationwide

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10794461

They haven't mentioned it on "Breakfast" yet.

:rolleyes:

I love the world according to the BBC. I was watching the BBC news yesterday about the apparent fox problem we have. These idiots would have you believe a fox could tear your arm off and we should therefore start culling them :lol:

Still back on topic. Isn't this now all the indexes negative?

"...some of the excess supply seen in the rental market during 2009 now appears to be making its way back into the sales market as temporary landlords make another attempt to sell their properties"

'sounds like desperation!

I love the world according to the BBC. I was watching the BBC news yesterday about the apparent fox problem we have. These idiots would have you believe a fox could tear your arm off and we should therefore start culling them :lol:

Still back on topic. Isn't this now all the indexes negative?

not quite. LR was +0.1% earlier this week but that's more laggy than a laggy thing with extra lag.

BBC headline should be "house prices tumble"

The article should just read gtfo

Annual rate of house price inflation slips back further from 8.7% to 6.6%

Shouldnt it read house prices 6.6% more expensive than July last year? Which considering all thats been going on with the economy is pretty shocking.

Installed propertyBee last night and the number of property that has been on sale for over a year at the same price is amazing. People dont want to sell at less, and it would seem dont have to sell. :( Also people dont want to buy (or cant) at those prices. Stalemate.

Pretty happy with that, all things considered. As I mentioned yesterday, completions for this month may have been agreed well before the current round of bearish sentiment.

You know how during the boom people used to say how much their house was going up per month?

Well, the average house just got £800 cheaper. For those of us who are waiting to buy, think about that extra money as going into your savings.

And with a bit of meagre savings interest, I feel like I'm attacking it from both ends :)

The shiny stuff is heading down for bit so some more deposit money is going in :P

Good interest rate & good long term outlook

Edited by Crashman Begins

"Breakfast" have just reported it.

"A shortage of buyers has sent house prices falling by 0.5%"

"Grossly overpriced houses begin to collapse as month-on-month drops gather pace."

RB's alternative headline.

Anyone catch GMTV's stance on this news today...

"The housing market has taken a turn for the worse" incredible really, then followed by a piece showing a woman saying her property has been on the market and not sold for 5 months, then an estate agent telling the reporter that the "market is picking up".

Shouldnt it read house prices 6.6% more expensive than July last year? Which considering all thats been going on with the economy is pretty shocking.

Installed propertyBee last night and the number of property that has been on sale for over a year at the same price is amazing. People dont want to sell at less, and it would seem dont have to sell. :( Also people dont want to buy (or cant) at those prices. Stalemate.

Simple fact is people like that just won't sell and eventually will just take the house of te Market "until the market picks up again" more fool them though as a lower average price makes upsizing cheaper so for many of them it will be costing them money by selling at a higher price!

Luckily for us there are plenty who want/need to sell now so these will drag the Market down. Also much of the pent up supply from the last three years it coming out now, people who did the above in 2007 are now trying to get out now after putting it off three years.

It doesn't mean that that is the market value of their house though.

"Grossly overpriced houses begin to collapse as month-on-month drops gather pace."

RB's alternative headline.

Morning RB,

Good start for you. Only 19.5% to go by the end of the year! ;);)