House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leicestersq

Cable Jumps The Shark, Again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10786650

Seems like Vince Cable is a bit out of touch with reality.

Masses of people still flood into the UK, one of the reasons that house prices remain stupidly high. Many come here, and then start claiming housing benefit, or are allocated housing by the LHA or the Home Office.

My understanding was that the job of the Prime Minister was to stand up for the people of the UK. Am I wrong?

We have many many hidden homeless in the UK. Particulary our young people, cannot afford homes of their own. And a big part of the problem is the hordes of immigrants pouring in from all corners of the globe.

I think that the situation is so bad, that we really need to pull out of the EU, or at least stop people from the EU coming here without restriction. Clearly we need a cap on those coming from the rest of the world too, until we can satisfactorily house our UK nationals. I suggest a cap of zero for the next five years.

My home city sounds like I menagerie of the nations of the world. Our schools cant cope, immigrants can barely speak English, and drag the rest of the class down. House prices are extortionate, and UK nationals have to pay extra tax so we can deprive UK nationals of affordable housing.

Cameron only partly gets it. I mean, what is he thinking when he says that Turkey should join the EU? Luckily I expect that Germany will block them, but if they did let them in, then we could literally have millions flooding here, and claiming benefits, what a mess it is going to be.

As for Vince, and the rest of the Lib Dems, they are utterly clueless. Our nation is being invaded and overrun. In many areas doctors surgeries and social services cannot cope with the wave of humanity seeking a better life at the UK Taxpayers expense. He too doesnt understand that all of the cost of all of this is paid for out of someone else's money.

Milton Friedman once said, you cannot have a welfare state and open borders. These words are simple to understand, and yet we seem to be led by those that dont get it. The gates are wide open, are courts wont send back the few illegal immigrants we manage to catch, our government wont change things, and Vince wants to leave the door wide open. Now I believe in what Milton Friedman said, it seems so obvious. The consequences of this unfettered immigration will be, the end of free education for our children, the end of the national health service, and the end of social security benefits. I dont know how these things will come to an end, we have a ways to go, but they will end, that is certain. It is a shame, because I quite like the idea of a welfare state, as long as they are available only to UK nationals. But they are not, the courts will see that anyone from around the world can get them, until we finally run out of money.

The courts too, fail to recognise that when they give people access to our benefits and health care and our schools, that there is a cost that falls on the UK taxpayer. They fail to consider the human rights of those who are now forced to pay for things that they should not be paying for. The UK taxpayer should be paying for things for UK nationals only. We have a right, as a nation, to discrimate along national (not racial and sex or sexuality) grounds. That means closing free access to schools for foreign nationals, no benefits for them, no free health care, we can even charge them much higher council tax on their homes or higher tax rates if we so desire. Their own countries, are in turn, allowed to do the same to us, equality is maintained that way.

If our leaders and courts dont recognise this, our spending will spiral out of control, until it can be maintained no more. Our nation will die, how can our children have families if they cannot obtain housing?

Vince doesnt have a clue, and I even Mr Cameron needs to wise up, get real, and start representing the people of this country, as is his duty.

I have been wondering about AV+.

In a representative democracy, we are forced to choose the least bad alternative. In an AV+ arrangement, the second or third least bad choices for many might be UKIP or the BNP rather than the Lib Dems or the Greens.

The fringes might well be better representated than previously, it just might be different fringes than the mainstream parties expect.

The law of unintended consequences will rear its head again.

I would only consider supporting mass immigration if we also allowed mass development. But since our leaders are violently opposed to allowing even a few new houses to be built, let alone new power stations, new water dams for water, new roadways, it is a dangerous idea to invite in millions of people from other nations.

The concept of a country is an area of land with defined, controlled borders.

I'm not 100% sure the UK can be classed as a country any more.

You mean i can leave?

The problem with immigration is that all main parties have a dog in the hunt, the liberals and Labour like it for ideological reasons, Tories like it because it helps business interests. So nothing will get done about it. The uniting factor is they all live miles away from the immigration hot spots and never see, or just ignore, the negatives. If their local school has 50 different languages spoken, they don't have to worry about their childrens education, they just opt for private schooling. (I'm looking at you Diane Abbott :rolleyes: ).

If I can see it, and you can see it, and everybody else can see it too, then why cant Vince see it? Perhaps, in fact, Vince can see it. But just chooses to ignore it.

My understanding was that the job of the Prime Minister was to stand up for the people of the UK. Am I wrong?

Yes you're wrong. The PM is there to stand up for the interests of the PM, other PMs, presidents, the rich and the powerful. Many have embraced immigration as a means to increase supply and drive down wages to increase profits for large business owners. Cameron is just doing his job

The problem with immigration is that all main parties have a dog in the hunt, the liberals and Labour like it for ideological reasons, Tories like it because it helps business interests. So nothing will get done about it. The uniting factor is they all live miles away from the immigration hot spots and never see, or just ignore, the negatives. If their local school has 50 different languages spoken, they don't have to worry about their childrens education, they just opt for private schooling. (I'm looking at you Diane Abbott :rolleyes: ).

Bang on 100%

They really do not know how much it has been forced upon us as they do not have to live with it like us. They have private health care and private schools for their kids.

They do not live in the areas that have become saturated with it. Before they do anything else on immigration all the party leaders should be made to get on a bus at Stratford East London and travel up to Ilford and just see how outnumbered we have become.

I was watching fairy job mother last night and the programme was bassed around an asian man who had been out of work for 3 years , the women's job was to get him back to work. As im watching it im thinking great only another 8 million jobs to find and unemployment is sorted.

The guy could speak 6 laungaues and during the programme he used this abiltiy doing some unpaid work as an interprator at a center for newly arrived immigrants who could not speak english.

Am I mad for thinking hey hang on we are watching a programme about unemloyment the guy on it immigrated here at some point , we do not have a job for him yet we watch as the problem is just added too, by bringing more immigrants in. It all seemed so ironic.

Free EU migration would possibly work if it was roughly a "one in one out" policy. Relatively simple to enforce and true to the ideals. Why aren't we doing that Europhiles?

Because the EU is there to promote the free movement of goods, money and people within the EU.

You could stop the free movement of people to one in one out as you suggest. This implies the same for goods and money. Sadly (for you) the world does not work that way. If it did there would be no bananas in the UK as it can't grow them.

The UK needs more people. I'm sorry if their ethnic and cultural profile doesn't meet with your personal bigotry. Perhaps you should refuse to accept their tax contribution?

Because the EU is there to promote the free movement of goods, money and people within the EU.

You could stop the free movement of people to one in one out as you suggest. This implies the same for goods and money. Sadly (for you) the world does not work that way. If it did there would be no bananas in the UK as it can't grow them.

The UK needs more people. I'm sorry if their ethnic and cultural profile doesn't meet with your personal bigotry. Perhaps you should refuse to accept their tax contribution?

Since when is it bigoted to state facts?

Why is it a given that the UK needs more people?

Should the indigenous population have a say over who comes to their country?

Do all immigrants make a net contribution to tax ?

Because the financial system depends on permanent growth. Notably your pension - who do you think will pay it?

Only if the financial system is changed can immigration be reduced.

You are focusing on the wrong things.

The banks and the banking system are the root cause of ALL of it.

If I can see it, and you can see it, and everybody else can see it too, then why cant Vince see it? Perhaps, in fact, Vince can see it. But just chooses to ignore it.

He can't see it, because the likes of Vince have successfully convinced themselves for years that any objection to immigration, on whatever grounds, makes you a nasty racist.

The blinkers are now cast-iron, set in stone, and nothing is going to shift them.

Because the financial system depends on permanent growth. Notably your pension - who do you think will pay it?

Only if the financial system is changed can immigration be reduced.

You are focusing on the wrong things.

The banks and the banking system are the root cause of ALL of it.

Not against immigration it is good for the country in moderation....what I can't get my head around is when they say we need more immigration to fill the 'skills shortage'....What the hell do they teach in our schools and universities then if not the skills for the future....NO business do not want to pay the going rate for skilled personnel they what and need the skills but do not want to pay the price for them, they would rather import it........ :(

He can't see it, because the likes of Vince have successfully convinced themselves for years that any objection to immigration, on whatever grounds, makes you a nasty racist.

The blinkers are now cast-iron, set in stone, and nothing is going to shift them.

I am a highly qualified network engineer just come off 5 months jobseekers. Sick and tired of old colleagues telling me about whole teams of Indian National engineers working in the City. It's got nothing to do with racism - I enjoy working with British Asians - they are as dismayed as everyone else! Sick and tired of seeing a lot of good British people on jobseekers.

While I am on the soap box! I am also sick and tired of Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans waltzing into UK contracting, using clapped out, untaxed uninsured cars and not paying a penny tax whilst running up credit card debts before abandoning said car at Heathrow T3 and doing a runner back home. Has anyone from UK tried to do a contract in Australia or New Zealand lately? No chance- they won't give you a visa!

Not against immigration it is good for the country in moderation....what I can't get my head around is when they say we need more immigration to fill the 'skills shortage'....

There is no 'skill shortage' - it's about saving money. They want to do for Java developers and Cisco engineers what they did for hospitality trade and agriculture.

There is no 'skill shortage' - it's about saving money. They want to do for Java developers and Cisco engineers what they did for hospitality trade and agriculture.

A national disgrace.......big business would rather not pay a living wage enough to survive in the UK to the people that are brought up, educated and live here.

You could stop the free movement of people to one in one out as you suggest. This implies the same for goods and money.

Er, no it doesn't.

So, if the UK needs more people, will you be coming back to help fill the void? :P

I regret the loss of England through our opening our borders so freely.

So many individuals have apparently reasonable cases to come as migrants. The only possible response is to set the bar much, much higher.

Another vein to this issue is the martialling of diaspora interests as a global political and economic force. This is being actively promoted by a number of countries which have people with a national affinity spread across the globe.

As a cultural developement it is understandable, but there is now an element of entryism, of moving in and exerting influence.

Always, this issue is dismissed as racism, but there has to be a point at which our own national interests will conflict with unrestricted population change.

The USA has, after two centuries, still not solved the problems of assimilating its black population and has now added Hispanics to its stresses.

Limits on all immigration are the only solution or the effects will worsen.

Since when is it bigoted to state facts?

Should the indigenous population have a say over who comes to their country?

Do all immigrants make a net contribution to tax ?

I agree with non-frog. What was said is a poor attempt at hiding bigotory. Basically, it's the typical extremist argument that we have a few rubbish imports to overreact and ban the whole bunch.

If you said we need to control immigration, all would agree with you but to specifically think that the foreigners are the drain on the system, which you'll find that it's our own people who cannot be bothered to work and are lazy, is bigotted!

Guest sillybear2

I would only consider supporting mass immigration if we also allowed mass development. But since our leaders are violently opposed to allowing even a few new houses to be built, let alone new power stations, new water dams for water, new roadways, it is a dangerous idea to invite in millions of people from other nations.

A lot of libdems are from rural areas, and they're massive nimbies, they even oppose wind farms (for what they're worth).

I wouldn't expect anything resembling a logical position from middle-class liberals!