House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Misanthrope

Genuinely Depressed

This forum is, perhaps, the last place of refuge for those disabused by the last ten years of madness. Many contributors have laid bare the stupendous unreality of it all.

But has this site had it's day? What purpose does it achieve - beyond furnishing the bank accounts of those that run it?

Nothing typed here makes a difference without a representative. And it doesn't need this website to take a serious political cause to the future nation. It's simply taking in ad revenue because you come here. Does it represent vaue for your efforts? Are you better off posting elsewhere or creating your own websites? Why not lobby your MP? Or is it a case of - someone else will do or say something to give me a chance even though all those in power have only their personal vested nterest at heart?

Are the 'influential' people here anymore?

Hope is the refuge of the damned. There's nothing after it. Camus was desperate.

I suppose the test will be whether the 'moderators' let this post go through. Clearly. I will know what they're worth, even if you don't!

Don't waste your time on a dead entity - and that includes the UK. And possibly this post - I will see.

Au Revoir

Auf Wiedersehn

Goodbye

This forum is, perhaps, the last place of refuge for those disabused by the last ten years of madness. Many contributors have laid bare the stupendous unreality of it all.

But has this site had it's day? What purpose does it achieve - beyond furnishing the bank accounts of those that run it?

Nothing typed here makes a difference without a representative. And it doesn't need this website to take a serious political cause to the future nation. It's simply taking in ad revenue because you come here. Does it represent vaue for your efforts? Are you better off posting elsewhere or creating your own websites? Why not lobby your MP? Or is it a case of - someone else will do or say something to give me a chance even though all those in power have only their personal vested nterest at heart?

Hope is the refuge of the damned. There's nothing after it. Camus was desperate.

I suppose the test will be whether the 'moderators' let this post go through. Clearly. I will know what they're worth, even if you don't!

Don't waste your time on a dead entity - and that includes the UK. And possibly this post - I will see.

Au Revoir

Auf Wiedersehn

Goodbye

When I feel like this I tend to pull on some stockings, slip on some high heels, a blonde wig and a little black dress and call myself Delores. Makes me feel so relaxed and chases away all the depression and anxiety.

Try it!

<big sigh> :D

I think you have to give it till you are seeing widespread public sector job cuts in your area. If the cuts come in the thousands in your area and there is no HPC then it will not happen... but to give in now is just nuts IMPO.

Guest Noodle

An ex-pat site for ex-pats who can't let go?

Quite happy in both places. As long as I'm somewhere on Earth, doesn't matter.

Au Revoir

Auf Wiedersehn

Goodbye

Not much stamina. Eight months of depression and you're quitting. There are folk here who have been mainlining suicidal stuff for years.

Enjoy MSE or wherever it is that you immigrate to.

p-o-p

Guest Noodle

The Thaivisa forum, now that was a depressing place. Haven't been to it in years.

That's the worst. By far.

I signed up for this forum back in 2007. I stopped visiting this site when we had that small bull run in 2009, thinking that the recovery was locked in place, and that the banksters got away with it, I mean, what with the biggest bailout/failures in history, and it was all over in about 1 year?! I mean, WTFBBQ!

Now its 2010, I've come back to this forum because I want to be better informed of whats going on in the housing market (and the wider economy in general).

Plus, it saves me time from trawling the web for articles/news when the good people of this forum post them up for others to see.

IMO, expect to see an influx of new posters and old returning ones in the coming months.

Well now that you are done with that hoping nonsense maybe you will enjoy yourself. Henry Miller on the first page of Tropic of Cancer said it all, "I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive."

I like this website. It doesn't cost me anything so is huge value for money. Where else can I talk to like minded people with up to date economic discussion and analysis.

Had it's day? I believe it's day is yet to come....

Well now that you are done with that hoping nonsense maybe you will enjoy yourself. Henry Miller on the first page of Tropic of Cancer said it all, "I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive."

Yep, die before you die, that's what I do.

Quite happy in both places. As long as I'm somewhere on Earth, doesn't matter.

It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere..

Keith Richards

I feel quite depressed as well today - what with Cameron in India (I'm in I.T) courting them and his comments about getting Turkey in to the EU - I just have no idea what the hell we're all going to do for jobs if either of these plans come to fruition. Looking at rightmove, all the shítholes are still commanding £250k+ in my area with minimal price falls and King coming out saying we'll suffer inflation over economic growth together with reviewing the latest savings account - and my new manager telling me we need to start sending work to the I.T army in slovakia waiting to take all my work and ultimately my job I feel very very tired today.

We can't all be managers - what the hell is this country going to do for jobs?

Guest Noodle

It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere..

Keith Richards

I'd only be talking the same shite at you lot from over there, but it's cheaper to do it from here instead.

One way to alleviate depression is to put effort into doing something constructive; it blocks out negative thoughts.

"The secret to fulfillment is excellence. To doing something well is to enjoy it."

Laughter is also another excellent way to alleviate depression (it releases seratonin).

The comradeship on this site is a big help. Its good to know there were other people out there who twigged something was wrong and are still today very angry about those who caused it, those who rode it, those who went all with it and those who soundly slept throught it.

If your reason for coming here is hoping house prices will crash (a reasonable expectation given the name) then just be patient.

For the most part I think a lot of people come here to stay up to date with the latest schenanigans by the powers-that-be to keep a charade going, hoping to spot when it will finally stop.

If you are really depressed then remember that despite all the sh*t happening in the world you are (assuming you are in the UK) living in one of the better countries in the world.

Try Asia, the Middle East or Central Africa if you don't believe me. There you will find the true defintion of cold-heartedness. Alternatively take a visit to the local A&E, the orphans home or the dog's home where you appreciate just how fortunate you really are.

Life is what you make it. You will find proper fulfillment when you learn to give, rather than expect to take. Uniquely, this planet has a way of recycling everything. What you send around is what will come around - and what you will be remembered for. People are never remembered for the colour of their money; they are remembered for the content of their character.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=8187291

Edited by Dave Spart

When I feel like this I tend to pull on some stockings, slip on some high heels, a blonde wig and a little black dress and call myself Delores. Makes me feel so relaxed and chases away all the depression and anxiety.

Try it!

That is so WRONG!

Delores doesn't suit you at all.

Guest Noodle

Where are we now?

Oh, here.

At least it's not the troll forum. See the moderators on this site are the best. Try an expat forum for proper low forehead knuckle dragging. Spelling and grammar optional.

A thing about noodles. They look good on the plate - but lack substance.

For the record - I'm not an expat. No family; formerly homeless; picked myself up (pennyless) and tried yet again to become a serf to the system. Made in Britain. Long journey. Hate Capitilism. But no alternative. Working on it. Won't matter. No time. At least, this time round, the front line won't be a death sentance before you get there. Blubble;blubble;blubble......

Want anymore? Or content to let me bullsh*t endlessly like the rest of you, ad infinitum!

Guest Noodle

A thing about noodles. They look good on the plate - but lack substance.

For the record - I'm not an expat. No family; formerly homeless; picked myself up (pennyless) and tried yet again to become a serf to the system. Made in Britain. Long journey. Hate Capitilism. But no alternative. Working on it. Won't matter. No time. At least, this time round, the front line won't be a death sentance before you get there. Blubble;blubble;blubble......

Want anymore? Or content to let me bullsh*t endlessly like the rest of you, ad infinitum!

More. Come on. Get it all out. Healthy to get it out.

(I was homeless at 16 by the way, pennyless, so I do know)

Guest Noodle

I must apologise.

The correct spelling is:-

penniless

Ciao

Try and pull yourself together. Believe it or not many people have problems as bad if not worse than yours. Much worse in fact.

Try and pull yourself together. Believe it or not many people have problems as bad if not worse than yours. Much worse in fact.

This is true. I will never forget the fate of that poor snake your ex beat to death to feed you for your tea.