House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidneycarrot

New Landlord

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and find the community very informative and helpful.

I'm considering purchasing a property to let, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with so called "guaranteed rent schemes" as they seem too good to be true. Is it worth your time after the agent has taken their cut of the rent or do you walk away happy?

any information, advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated, or even any recommendations of other letting agents or estate agents would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

Sidney

Guest theboltonfury

Hello Everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a property to let, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with so called "guaranteed rent schemes" as they seem too good to be true. Is it worth your time after the agent has taken their cut of the rent or do you walk away happy?

any information, advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated, or even any recommendations of other letting agents or estate agents would be great.

Thanks in advanced.

Sidney

hi Sidders. You need to post this on the main forum. You should find lots of useful titbits of help and advice as to how to create a BTL portfolio there.

It's just really fannies and jugs on this part of the forum.

hi Sidders. You need to post this on the main forum. You should find lots of useful titbits of help and advice as to how to create a BTL portfolio there.

It's just really fannies and jugs on this part of the forum.

And bicycles.

Guest theboltonfury

And bicycles.

Oh yes, bicylcles. 'I stand corrected' - said the man with the orthopedic shoe.

Oh yes, bicylcles. 'I stand corrected' - said the man with the orthopedic shoe.

and sheep

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advanced.

Sidney

Hi Sidney,

As TheBoltonFury said, you've posted this question to the wrong forum, however, I think that I speak for all when I say: this is the right time to pile in and build up a portfolio. Best of luck.

Guest X-QUORK

this forum always puts a smile on my face :)

It's turned me into a bitter and resentful old man.

2 bedroom flats in leeds are a must buy, they have a 3% yeild before costs and the prices are due to go up 50% in the next 2 weeks, and the best part os that there are scores of rich young people who love living in shoe boxes!

Seriously, if you think now is a good time to get into BTL you need your head examined, of course there are always exceptions but generally steer well clear!