Land Registry Hpi June 2010 0.1%

The last three months after revisions.

April 2010

0.2%

May 2010

0.2%

June 2010

0.1%

Looks like we will have to wait another month for our full house.

Edited by Pent Up

What I found interesting is the volume change in the different price bands.

Volumes in high price bands (banker bonuses etc?) are up significantly, whereas the sub 250K (FTBs ?) is up significantly less so.

IMO the smaller the sub-category you look at the less reliable the data becomes...

e.g. the report has Wales as by a little distance the HPI-est region... I'm not really sure that makes a lot of sense to me...

Yep, no surprises here. It will be surprising though if we don't start seeing falls in the LR data over the next 3 months.

What this suggests though, is further evidence that there has been no spring bounce. How many sellers are going to be happy to see their property stay on the market through the winter if prices continue to slide.

Sounds right as it lags around 4-6 months. Some nice falls starting around April should show up in the LR data after summer.

I'd say more like 3 months as it takes roughly 3 months to completion. Which would put this around April time. Sounds about right.

IMO the smaller the sub-category you look at the less reliable the data becomes...

Individually perhaps, but if you consider all houses over £500k to give us a larger sample, that's 2582 sales compared to 1312 the previous year, which is a 97% increase.

That's still a much higher increase in sales compared to lower price houses.

Stands to reason, lots of foreign money + people requiring only small mortgages (relative to the house value) trading sideways at that end of the market.

Edited by exiges

Individually perhaps, but if you consider all houses over £500k to give us a larger sample, that's 2582 sales compared to 1312 the previous year, which is a 97% increase.

That's still a much higher increase in sales compared to lower price houses.

Stands to reason, lots of foreign money + people requiring only small mortgages (relative to the house value) trading sideways at that end of the market.

I pointed this put a couple of months back. Just proves the theory that upsizers and downsizers exchanging between themselves is all that's keeping the Market moving with few new entrants at the lower end. Also adding to this is the fact that few mortgages are being approved but at a higher average value.

e.g. the report has Wales as by a little distance the HPI-est region... I'm not really sure that makes a lot of sense to me...

You sentence makes no sense to me... It exictes me as it has 'Wales' and 'HPI' in it but I can't make head nor tale of it... :unsure:

You sentence makes no sense to me... It exictes me as it has 'Wales' and 'HPI' in it but I can't make head nor tale of it... :unsure:

Isn't it that Wales has had the biggest monthly and annual increase?

I can't see the actual report because the land reg website doesn't like my iPhone. Does anyone know of a link to a PDF?

Sorry TMT. Look like your holding the whole country aloft: :(

"LONDON (SHARECAST) - House prices in England and Wales increased by 0.1% between May and June, although there were large regional differences, with prices up 2.9% over the Welsh border."

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=3600240

Good news for the prosperous south east though:

"It will set you back a bit more in London - over £338,000 - up 0.5% from May, although the prosperous South East was hit by a 0.9% decline month-on-month." :D

Added sympathetic smileys.

Edited by Pent Up

Sorry TMT. Look like your holding the whole country aloft: :(

"LONDON (SHARECAST) - House prices in England and Wales increased by 0.1% between May and June, although there were large regional differences, with prices up 2.9% over the Welsh border."

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=3600240

Good news for the prosperous south east though:

"It will set you back a bit more in London - over £338,000 - up 0.5% from May, although the prosperous South East was hit by a 0.9% decline month-on-month." :D

Added sympathetic smileys.

I know local EAs will seize upon this but this is out of date. RM 2 weeks ago stated that in June selling prices in my town fell by 4% so I expect to see that in the LR figures October time.

However, today's figures will just maintain the madness a tad longer with some EAs. Over on the Wales sub-forum an EA is posting that he is not getting work because his competitors are over-valuing by 20%.

Maybe all that banker bonus money is making its way to holiday homes in wales.

Surely there must be more to it than that? That's a truly shocking monthly rise. If it is the case that it's the bankers/rich city folk and there cash monies then you could be in for a 'firesale' when all these people realise it's not quite the inflation hedge they envisaged. These would be slightly more liquid than standard houses, no chain and no mortgage to cover so they can take a big hit.

I know local EAs will seize upon this but this is out of date. RM 2 weeks ago stated that in June selling prices in my town fell by 4% so I expect to see that in the LR figures October time.

However, today's figures will just maintain the madness a tad longer with some EAs. Over on the Wales sub-forum an EA is posting that he is not getting work because his competitors are over-valuing by 20%.

Looks the fear stage has reached Wales then. Maybe that 'firesale' has started?