House Price Crash Forum
The Spaniard

Monetary Obfuscation Reaches New Level

Just back from Sainsburys where a Coinstar Centre invited me to "turn coins into cash". :blink:

Did you read what percentage?

These make me feel sad. When I see parents encouraging kids to pour buckets of change through them I want to go and be a busybody and tell them the bank is open and does it for free.

Did you read what percentage?

These make me feel sad. When I see parents encouraging kids to pour buckets of change through them I want to go and be a busybody and tell them the bank is open and does it for free.

Exactly. Coinstar turn your coins into cash (for Coinstar). Or is that con-ster...?

Edited by pyracantha

Who produces the coins and who produces the cash?

Coins are produced (in the sense of manufactured) by The Royal Mint (or its foreign equivalent).

'Cash' can be produced (in the sense of made manifest) by accountancy procedures and conventions.

You are an accomplished obfuscator. :)

Read some history.

Who produces the coins and who produces the cash?

Who decides what money is and why are they being frog boiled?

:)

Coins are produced (in the sense of manufactured) by The Royal Mint (or its foreign equivalent).

'Cash' can be produced (in the sense of made manifest) by accountancy procedures and conventions.

You are an accomplished obfuscator. :)

Not all at:

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/bankreturn/2010/100721ids.pdf

The Bank of England balance sheet. I see bank notes. I do not see coinage.

Central banks were born to create derivatives of the coinage. They nurtured the misunderstanding that what they produced was money and not a credit instrument.

Roll on a few generations - and people like yourself cry foul over their wanton creation of money - when in historical fact they never did.

Then comes yourself - basing your monetary theory on such misunderstandings - and you think you have a sound footing !

What if I asked you to redesign your theories - to ensure that the only money production was metal based? How would you feel about that?

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

Not all at:

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/bankreturn/2010/100721ids.pdf

The Bank of England balance sheet. I see bank notes. I do not see coinage.

Central banks were born to create derivatives of the coinage. They nurtured the misunderstanding that what they produced was money and not a credit instrument.

Roll on a few generations - and people like yourself cry foul over their wanton creation of money - when in historical fact they never did.

Then comes yourself - basing your monetary theory on such misunderstandings - and you think you have a sound footing !

What if I asked you to redesign your theories - to ensure that the only money production was metal based? How would you feel about that?

I'd feel that you were off on a rant.

Guest sillybear2

Year, I saw one of those things a while back, some guy who suspiciously looked like Gordon Brown was pouring buckets of sovereigns into it in exchange for £5.

whatever 'Cash' is, it certainly isn't a slip of paper from a company with a number printed on it...

:unsure:

Edited by Lepista

whatever 'Cash' is, it certainly isn't a slip of paper from a company with a number printed on it...

:unsure:

The Bank of England is a corporation - pays tax - and prints paper with numbers on it.