House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Fairy Jobmother

Nice house for not working

Its a rental....shows what great value you get renting.

To be fair, looks like they pay half towards it.

parrently minimum wage gives you £950 per month....maybe they dont pay tax or NI.

two of those would get them a £100K mortgage....using affordability criteria.

That woman really is a vile patronising harpy. Very annoyed at channel 4 for giving a platform to such a parasite.

To be fair the film-makers must have had to really scrape the barrel of doleys to find suitable subjects who were thicker, uglier, more ignorant and more unemployable than Hayley, just to make the progamme's premise tenable.

To be fair the film-makers must have had to really scrape the barrel of doleys to find suitable subjects who were thicker, uglier, more ignorant and more unemployable than Hayley, just to make the progamme's premise tenable.

Fair and objective character analysis.

I don't think that we should knock this programme , that is 3 weeks running that after an hour of bull sh-t , the person has got a job.

This week we see 3 interviews not 1 and then it is the last interview that comes up trumps with the goodies. wonder if any editing of the filming went on there ?

This woman has found 3 people a job in 3 weeks , only another 7,999,997 economicaly inactive people to find a job for and our unemployment problem is solved.

Oh and then she will need to find another 2-3 million jobs for those that find they also have no job due to the public sector cuts that are coming and the private sector jobs that will also dissapear along with the public sector jobs.

Why does DC not take her on as a jobs Zare.

Wasn't she was on a C4 documentary a year ago (about a private company called A4e getting tax money for doing what the jobcentre should be doing, only the founder Emma Harrison gets a mansion out of it).

Edited by Britney's Piers

I notice there was no mention of the rate of pay. Probably another minimum wage job.

The hotel one made me laugh , I stayed at a premier inn for a few weeks last year and the reception staff told me they were on minimum wage even for night work.

Yet for the interview there was not one but two of P inn's top people to hold the interview , or was that just for tv as well.

Wasn't she was on a C4 documentary a year ago (about a private company called A4e getting tax money for doing what the jobcentre should be doing, only the founder Emma Harrison gets a mansion out of it).

Yes she was and remember she found jobs for a few women in the new £ shop that was opening up , the one where they had to do a two week trial period unpaid.

Is TV the extension of the nanny state?

We've got this northern woman to show us how to find a job

Supernanny to show us how to look after our kids

Gok Wan, Trinny, Susannah to knock us into shape and style

Beeny to show us how to do up wrecks and flog them

Krusty to show us how to buy houses

Mary Portas on how to run our businesses

Dragon's Den on how to flog our inventions

Martin Lewis, Alvin Hall etc to show us how to save cash

Any number of builders to sort out our DIY

Dom Littlewood to show us how to buy cars etc

Any number of camp antique blokes to help us buy antique bargains

Any number of cooks

Any number of gardeners

Embarrassing Illnesses to sort the warts on our knobs and fannies

Was tv always like this?

Is there anything left for us to do ourselves, or does everything need an 'expert'?

Edited by juvenal

To be fair, looks like they pay half towards it.

When they were doing the sums the wife stated their income was around £550/week and outgoings £450/week. From earlier in the program I got the implication that she was working a part-time job, or at least a lower paid job.

What sort of benefits can you pick up when you have a PT job, plus two kids, to bring in £28,600/year, I'm assuming that was after tax as well otherwise why state it as the income?

Eloquently put, and encapsulated in a nutshell.

Is TV the extension of the nanny state?

Was tv always like this?

Is there anything left for us to do ourselves, or does everything need an 'expert'?

LOL they used to turn the tv off at bedtime!

(and there were only three channels! I remember channel 4 appearing and I couldn't get it on my B&W portable)