House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonkers

Got A Letter From The Govenrment The Otherday

After over 15 years of paying in, I signed on for 3 months, but because I refused to go to their back to work interviews, they will heaviily not consider any future claim.

What? I have become self employed, I am on the breadline to make this work. I signed off, I found work, and they are warning me that because I never went to one of their back to work interviews I am out of the system?

i got a letter from the govt the other day, i opened and read it - it said they were suckers

They wanted me for their army or whatever, picturing me giving a damn, i said never

After over 15 years of paying in, I signed on for 3 months, but because I refused to go to their back to work interviews, they will heaviily not consider any future claim.

What? I have become self employed, I am on the breadline to make this work. I signed off, I found work, and they are warning me that because I never went to one of their back to work interviews I am out of the system?

sounds mad

I cannot attend your "back to work" interview because

I went back to work

Celente or somebody suggested that a tax strike would be one of the first signs of impending revolution.

Tavarich, we are right behind you. Some distance behind, mind you.

i got a letter from the govt the other day, i opened and read it - it said they were suckers

They wanted me for their army or whatever, picturing me giving a damn, i said never

Public Enermy or Tricky?

sounds mad

I cannot attend your "back to work" interview because

I went back to work

That is it exactly. The back to work interview was on the day I went in to sign the contract for the job. When I told them they said that I should move that meeting and attend the back to work interview! It's like they can't get there heads around it. Thinking of making an appointment with them as at the bottom of the letter it states 'please contact this office to ask us to explain it in more detail'. They now chuck you off the dole if 'a doubt has arisen'. If I had been on the dole for 6-12 months, maybe, but under 3? As I have not been unemployed for over 6 months, I also get no assistance whatsoever setting up as self employed. Is this joined up thinking?

That is it exactly. The back to work interview was on the day I went in to sign the contract for the job. When I told them they said that I should move that meeting and attend the back to work interview! It's like they can't get there heads around it. Thinking of making an appointment with them as at the bottom of the letter it states 'please contact this office to ask us to explain it in more detail'. They now chuck you off the dole if 'a doubt has arisen'. If I had been on the dole for 6-12 months, maybe, but under 3? As I have not been unemployed for over 6 months, I also get no assistance whatsoever setting up as self employed. Is this joined up thinking?

You've been through the UK education system, right?

The jobcentre isn't staffed by its finest products.

Combine that with faceless bureaucracy and you have, well, what you got.

Write to your MP this is exactly the stuff they say they are trying to stop. Nothing will happen but it should prove amusing battling with the system for a little while

PMs are busy be persistant and turn up to one of their clinics if you get no response oafter two letters or write to his neighbouring politicians to sheme him into action

You should go down there and say to him, 'Ooooooi, Jobsworth, No'. Follow this up by punching him on the nose and pulling one of his ears off.