House Price Crash Forum

Jeremy Clarkson Outrages Viewers By Announcing On Top Gear He'd Seen Saucy Underwear Beneath Muslim Woman's Burka

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1297965/Top-Gears-Jeremy-Clarkson-sparks-fury-burka-babes-underwear-joke.html

Jeremy Clarkson has joined the debate on whether burkas should be permitted in Britain in his own inimitable style.

The outspoken presenter provoked a flurry of complaints after telling viewers of Top Gear on Sunday night that he had seen a Muslim woman wearing saucy underwear beneath her gown.

Clarkson had been discussing the best way to stop drivers being distracted by female pedestrians, along with co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May.

More than six million viewers had tuned in to watch the show, which featured guest appearances from Hollywood stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.

In front of the studio audience, he said: 'This is an important bit of news, I really want to bring this up. People imagine that the most dangerous time of the year to drive is November or perhaps February - dark nights, fog, ice.

But we were talking about this the other day and we think the most dangerous time to drive a car is round about now. Sunny skies, light breezes, girls wearing short skirts, because the thing is, you can't not look. You can't physically not look.'

Hammond interjected, saying: 'You can physically not use your mobile phone and it's easy not to drive home when you've had 18 pints of lager. But when you're driving along and a girl walks past, you have to look. Actually, do you not think that here, there is actually a case for the burka? Because then the problem would go away.'

Clarkson then replied: 'No, no, no. Honestly, the burka doesn't work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings. I promise that happened. The taxi driver will back me up on that.'

Despite disbelief from his co-stars, Clarkson again insisted the incident took place.

By yesterday morning, seven viewers had already contacted the BBC to complain, while singer Lily Allen labelled the comment 'distasteful' on her Twitter site.

Another viewer wrote: 'Clarkson is too old for mini skirt jokes - burka story obscene - horrid.'

Wow 7 viewers, this is truly worthy of a news article and then a thread on HPC.

This important news topic needs discussing. I mean it's horrendous everyone should complain about this gag lets see if we can get the complaints up to 9 or 10 and really get this to be a global news story.

FFS is this a slow news day?

Posted especially for Xquork as I know he enjoys these types of threads, it just makes his life worth living. :P

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest X-QUORK

Posted especially for Xquork as I know he enjoys these types of threads, it just makes his life worth living. :P

The funny thing is, I can't help but like Clarkson, especially when he's in the company of Hammond and May on Top Gear. He stands for a lot I find wrong with the world, but by f**k he's funny with it.

HOLA444

The funny thing is, I can't help but like Clarkson, especially when he's in the company of Hammond and May on Top Gear. He stands for a lot I find wrong with the world, but by f**k he's funny with it.

If you watch carefully the interview he did with Alistair Campbell I think that you might just pick up some nuances that say that Clarkson is very much a case of "what you get is not what you see".There is a big slice of self deprecation just beneath the surface.Personally I think he would make a highly entertaining dinner party guest.

HOLA445

If you watch carefully the interview he did with Alistair Campbell I think that you might just pick up some nuances that say that Clarkson is very much a case of  "what you get is not what you see".There is a big slice of self deprecation just beneath the surface.Personally I think he would make a highly entertaining dinner party guest.

Self deprecating, yes. Self obsessed, yes. Intensely sensitive about how he is perceived, definitely. (This is second hand from someone who works on TG).

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury

He did lamp Piers Morgan iirc so he can't be all bad

yes, he did.

If they'd have both knocked each other out, that would have been the best result.

I don't mind him. I despise that little rat Hammond. Obviously, this is unfounded despise as I don't know him. He advertised Morrisons and has ridiculous hair, which is enough for me.

HOLA448
Guest X-QUORK

He advertised Morrisons and has ridiculous hair, which is enough for me.

When I pointed out that he needs to present himself a little better my wife retorted that he's had a brain injury. :huh:

I didn't pirsue the conversation any further.

HOLA449
Guest theboltonfury

When I pointed out that he needs to present himself a little better my wife retorted that he's had a brain injury. :huh:

I didn't pirsue the conversation any further.

that's grounds for divorce. Or in the Muslim world, stoning.

HOLA4410
Guest X-QUORK

that's grounds for divorce. Or in the Muslim world, stoning.

Steady on, I was thinking an official written warning should suffice.

HOLA4411
Guest theboltonfury

Steady on, I was thinking an official written warning should suffice.

Not the soap in the sock?

Just me?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest theboltonfury

Clarkson lives up the road from me, I see him about a fair bit.

That is all.

In Australia?

that's where you live isn't it?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Does anyone else think the idea of a bird in a burka, with only some lovely brown eyes peeking trough, and a potentially fit looking body, although you can't tell, and the possibility that perhaps she is wearing some stockings under it all..................

Is ******ing hot...ph34r.gif

I won't be able to look at these birds in the same way again !!

HOLA4417

Does anyone else think the idea of a bird in a burka, with only some lovely brown eyes peeking trough, and a potentially fit looking body, although you can't tell, and the possibility that perhaps she is wearing some stockings under it all..................

Is ******ing hot...ph34r.gif

I won't be able to look at these birds in the same way again !!

Yup ,absolutely, but most of the time that is not the case.

HOLA4418

Lily Allen complains...Wow! That has really made my day. This stupid slapper who talks as a way of singing is offended so we must all take notice.

As for Top Gear, it's that scruffy idiot James May who should be replaced.

I used to read his column in the Motoring section of the Telegraph. Complete drivel, week in week out.

He dresses like he has just been pulled through a hedge. For a middle aged man with that long hair he looks like a prat.

Recently I saw one of his programmes where a load of kids spent months building a replica Spitfire. He turned up dressed like a tramp.

Does he think this gives him street cred? I don't think so!

HOLA4419
Guest theboltonfury

Lily Allen complains...Wow! That has really made my day. This stupid slapper who talks as a way of singing is offended so we must all take notice.

As for Top Gear, it's that scruffy idiot James May who should be replaced.

I used to read his column in the Motoring section of the Telegraph. Complete drivel, week in week out.

He dresses like he has just been pulled through a hedge. For a middle aged man with that long hair he looks like a prat.

Recently I saw one of his programmes where a load of kids spent months building a replica Spitfire. He turned up dressed like a tramp.

Does he think this gives him street cred? I don't think so!

that's funny isn't it. When Lily Allen complains. A woman who via combination of connected father, zero talent and not being a looker has somehow become a 'celeb' by churning out lightly talked pop shite.

You'd think she'd just keep her head down and enjoy her time. But no, now she wants to be a philosopher and rid the world of un PC gags. She epitimises the sort of people that can just ****** off.

HOLA4420

Im not sure what to think.

If it was about empowering the woman, then its suggestive of women have to change to fit society by hiding themselves.

If its about assuming all men have only one thing on their mind, and would act on it if not for a crappy bedsheet, then i find that an offensive view of men.

Whatever the view put foward on it, i find it stupid relic that deserves to be ridiculed.

Maybe we should all hide our faces when we see them, like this guy did. See how they like it when the shoes on the other foot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-10728912

Two Muslim women have claimed they were refused a bus ride because one had her face covered by a veil...She asked for his contact details but when he refused she began to film him and he covered his face. "I said, 'It's OK for you to cover your face on my recording but it's not OK for my friend to cover her face out of choice?'

Thats what we in the west call irony, dear. Now show your face like the rest of us and these troubles wont arise.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

If you watch carefully the interview he did with Alistair Campbell I think that you might just pick up some nuances that say that Clarkson is very much a case of "what you get is not what you see".There is a big slice of self deprecation just beneath the surface.Personally I think he would make a highly entertaining dinner party guest.

Another thing he said to Campbell was a remark along the lines of 'you not believing what you say any more than I believe what I say' - not an exact quote, but something similar.

I doubt Carkson believes a lot of what he says, he just likes to wind people up for comedic effect.

Anyone who thinks the whole show isn't scripted (including the 'challenges' ) isn't completely scripted and acted doesn't undertand TV.

HOLA4424
Guest theboltonfury

Another thing he said to Campbell was a remark along the lines of 'you not believing what you say any more than I believe what I say' - not an exact quote, but something similar.

I doubt Carkson believes a lot of what he says, he just likes to wind people up for comedic effect.

Anyone who thinks the whole show isn't scripted (including the 'challenges' ) isn't completely scripted and acted doesn't undertand TV.

I don't think they even try to make a secret of the fact that it's all scripted and set up.

I really don't get what people see in it.

HOLA4425

The only thing I can remember reading that involved Clarkson and dinner parties was an article he wrote about AIG.

Ah, here we go.

Apologies that it's slightly on topic.

Archived