House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Ed Balls

To be fair. The other Ed was on telly last week with the same liebour groupthink message. Be in no doubt, these goons have made a pact to destroy whatever they left of this country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/jul/18/deficit-cuts-dont-repeat-30s-folly

By contrast - outside the Eurozone and with long-term real interest rates at 0.8% for both 10 year and 30 year bonds – Britain faces no difficulty servicing its debts.

What he seems to be saying is, this is a golden oppurtunity to borrow even more money at even lower costs because while rates are low, debt is cheap.

Isnt that what homebuyers thought? That worked out well. I mean, its completely out of the question rates might have to rise and we'll still be dependant on debt.

I guess £70bn+ (ie nearly a fifth of tax take) just to service our debts isnt high enough, eh, Ed.

How can anyone consider this guy PM material. He's not even mortgage applicant material.

A quote that i posted last night from Labour PM James Callaghan

We used to think that you could spend your way out of a recession and increase employment by cutting taxes and boosting government spending. I tell you in all candour that that option no longer exists, and in so far as it ever did exist, it only worked on each occasion since the war by injecting a bigger dose of inflation into the economy, followed by a higher level of unemployment as the next step.

* Labour Party Annual Conference Report 1976, page 188.

Ed seems to be in denial, every time I see him come under pressure from questioners saying "but these are the policies that got us into this mess" he collapses like the air going out of a balloon. A real political lightweight.

Ed seems to be in denial, every time I see him come under pressure from questioners saying "but these are the policies that got us into this mess" he collapses like the air going out of a balloon. A real political lightweight.

Yes, even the guardian comments are overwhelmingly negative.

Its almost laughable that in trying to get away from 'new labour' the 3 men argurably most tied to it are the three shortlisted to win the leadership.

5 minutes looking, listening to him gives you all the information you need to know about him.

Clueless buffoon. I'd love to wipe that permanent smirk off his chops.

I think I get to vote in the labour leadership campaign because I'm in the NUT.

Assuming my vote doesn't get pilfered in some kind of nightmarish union block vote scam, I'm going to vote for Ed Balls. Not because I like him or his politics - I despise both of them with a passion I can't even begin to put into words. Rather, the thinking is that the man is so slimy and utterly unelectable he will ruin the Labour party for a generation. This would have to be a bit of a result as far as I'm concerned.

I think I get to vote in the labour leadership campaign because I'm in the NUT.

Assuming my vote doesn't get pilfered in some kind of nightmarish union block vote scam, I'm going to vote for Ed Balls. Not because I like him or his politics - I despise both of them with a passion I can't even begin to put into words. Rather, the thinking is that the man is so slimy and utterly unelectable he will ruin the Labour party for a generation. This would have to be a bit of a result as far as I'm concerned.

I like your style :)

<br />I think I get to vote in the labour leadership campaign because I'm in the NUT.<br /><br />Assuming my vote doesn't get pilfered in some kind of nightmarish union block vote scam, I'm going to vote for Ed Balls. Not because I like him or his politics - I despise both of them with a passion I can't even begin to put into words. Rather, the thinking is that the man is so slimy and utterly unelectable he will ruin the Labour party for a generation. This would have to be a bit of a result as far as I'm concerned.<br />

Balls, Osbourne, ken Clarke, Shirley Williams, Tony Blair - whoever you vote for(party) - they are stuffed with Bilderbergers - influencing/giving orders for our governance!

These people do not work in the 'interests' of the population of the UK - they have their OWN agendas!

Short term debt at lower rate vs. long term debt at higher rates.... Perhaps :huh:

If one is used to temporarily reduce the other then the total interest burden could be lowered... No :?