House Price Crash Forum

As a recent, smug, STRer I have loved this site for it's forsight and the knowledge I have gleamed about economics. But in the last few weeks I must admit getting less excitied by my daily glance at the news as seen by HPC. It's not that the site has changed, I think it's because all the bulls have flown, debate has slowed down, and it's all because the HPC is now such a certainty (ie it's finally happening) that this marvellous site as it stands is slowly turning into a historial relic.

I think the site should be renamed "WorldRecession.co.uk".

But in the last few weeks I must admit getting less excitied by my daily glance at the news as seen by HPC.

'tis true - i don't read much of the blog anymore (which i used to devour)

still can't stay away though.

aren't u interested to see how it all pans out??

'tis true - i don't read much of the blog anymore (which i used to devour)

still can't stay away though.

aren't u interested to see how it all pans out??

Stop flattering me. :wub:

As a recent, smug, STRer I have loved this site for it's forsight and the knowledge I have gleamed about economics. But in the last few weeks I must admit getting less excitied by my daily glance at the news as seen by HPC. It's not that the site has changed, I think it's because all the bulls have flown, debate has slowed down, and it's all because the HPC is now such a certainty (ie it's finally happening) that this marvellous site as it stands is slowly turning into a historial relic.

..but there is still much to do that this site can assist: Mainly, the shooting down of outrageous spin by VI's. Don't forget that well over half the entire nation still thinks prices are going up. There are a hell of a lot of people left to convert.

Since almost all media and property industry use YOY figures, they are still pumping the lie that prices are either stable or on the rise. This is a ludicrous theory but they are still getting away with it because almost everyone has been brainwashed by the media bombardment.

HPC has a lot of useful life in it yet, especially when you read example articles in for instance the Sunday Times last week, which was festooned with optimistic rubbish. To read that rag, you would have thought the whole of the UK was entering a boom.

HPC is still a lone voice in the wilderness....it has hardly outrun its course. As for the Bulls, most of them posted here to wind up. The few intelligent Bull posts now missing does not make this site useless. There is still a lot of research and info being exchanged.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

Matt,

I don't see any evidence of a crash occurring at all. More STR cobblers and wishful thinking on your part. You are obviously misinterpreting the small falls in house prices as a sign of a crash occurring but it just a reflection that house prices are settling down after the steep increases in house prices of the past few years.

The crash is not likely to occur for at least another year at the earliest so don't count your chickens before they have hatched. I don't think that you have much to be smug about you idiot.

Edited by Goose

Matt,

I don't see any evidence of a crash occurring at all. More STR cobblers and wishful thinking on your part. You are obviously misinterpreting the small falls in house prices as a sign of a crash occurring but it just a reflection that house prices are settling down after the steep increases in house prices of the past few years.

The crash is not likely to occur for at least another year at the earliest so don't count your chickens before they have hatched. I don't think that you have much to be smug about you idiot.

You're entitled to your opinion but calling someone who you presumably have never met an idiot is not in the spirit of the forum. It's just not cricket Goose

Matt,

Hmm, most Bulls left on here really do seem to be in it for a wind up. I'm not going to be drawn in. Prices are going down down down.

Fact is, I was very lucky to sell my flat for the price I got. The second highest offer was less than 90% of the asking price. FTBers were just not interested because they couldn't, or wouldn't, afford it.

Guest wrongmove
Hmm, most Bulls left on here really do seem to be in it for a wind up. I'm not going to be drawn in. Prices are going down down down.

Fact is, I was very lucky to sell my flat for the price I got. The second highest offer was less than 90% of the asking price. FTBers were just not interested because they couldn't, or wouldn't, afford it.

I'm no bull, but haven't we all said that the bulls are gloating over their "paper" profits ?

As an STR, you are yourself a massive VI. And you haven't made a "killing" until you have completed on your new house at a big discount to what you sold as, surely.

I'm a bear, but I am worried that some, especially STRs, are just acting like uber-bull VIs in reverse.

Just MHO :)

The same principle applies to the present house price crash in London. In the last two months, the average house price in London has fallen 5%.

The only problem with this article is that, as far as I can tell, it's using figures that the author made up. He quotes Rightmove, but their figures are showing a 0.6% drop in London prices over the past two months, not 5%. He may have just picked the boroughs that had the biggest falls and treated them as if they're the whole of London.