House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Dating Thread

Ologhai Jones

HOLA441

Online dating has come up a few times in the last week or so and it's got me thinking that loads of us are sitting on here whinging about the fact that we're single and that dating sites are rubbish. I'm thinking that since we're all on here we at least have something in common (even if that's just that we're a bit mad and spend too much time on internet forums) so why not see if there are potential victims dates on here before we go out into the scary world outside of here?

Are you hoping that someone on here you're vaguely interested in will be one of those who replies to say, 'I'd be interested to meet you, mmm....beer' to save you having to risk embarrassment by approaching them? :)

Just curious... ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Online dating has come up a few times in the last week or so and it's got me thinking that loads of us are sitting on here whinging about the fact that we're single and that dating sites are rubbish. I'm thinking that since we're all on here we at least have something in common (even if that's just that we're a bit mad and spend too much time on internet forums) so why not see if there are potential victims dates on here before we go out into the scary world outside of here?

Your place or mine? :wub:

HOLA443
HOLA444

Solvent, overeducated M, 44, tall dark slim, own car, cat, house, teeth. Full head (and body) of hair. Uncommunicative, slightly strange, loner, one 'lazy' eye. Seeks F, age and looks unimportant as long as there's 'chemistry' (whatever the ****** that means) for mild flirting in safe situations that won't lead to any problems with 19 year, now nearly sexless but otherwise good marriage.

Sorry, it's the best I could do. But at least it's honest.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I think this is a fun thread but I'm very bearish about relationships (as you may have noticed?) - not that anyone is asking :) . I'm also bearish about fuel supplies, social justice, tights, icecream, public transport, holidays, nights out on the town, lipstick and wigs.

I have been trying to work out when I became so morose - I think it is because I feel like I am just waiting - and waiting - and waiting and even though I can see major changes afoot even this week which tell me it could soon all be over I am still feeling pent up and frustrated. (About houses I mean :) )

Incidentally that hyperinflation article yesterday scared the living daylights out of me - that was probably enough to make a person a bit glum. :( (I also watched 2012 the same day)

HOLA448
Guest theboltonfury

I think this is a fun thread but I'm very bearish about relationships (as you may have noticed?) - not that anyone is asking :) . I'm also bearish about fuel supplies, social justice, tights, icecream, public transport, holidays, nights out on the town, lipstick and wigs.

I have been trying to work out when I became so morose - I think it is because I feel like I am just waiting - and waiting - and waiting and even though I can see major changes afoot even this week which tell me it could soon all be over I am still feeling pent up and frustrated. (About houses I mean :) )

Incidentally that hyperinflation article yesterday scared the living daylights out of me - that was probably enough to make a person a bit glum. :( (I also watched 2012 the same day)

You're not really selling yourself here.

Tights, lipstick and wigs. Not another HPC cross-dresser.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Noodle

Ahhh-ooohhhhh!

How many dodgy PM's you got so far?

I'm going to send one now. :)

HOLA4411
Guest Noodle

I think perhaps you just need a right good seeing to.

HOLA4412
Guest Noodle

Your's is the first actually. And in answer to your question - definitely not, I know where you've been!

I did caveat with 'subject to testing'. :D

HOLA4413

Discretion will be needed mmm...beer, have to wait until the wife is out (just joking by the way darling, if your going through my web history)

But seriously single types, go salsa dancing, rock climbing or do some other social hobby that doesn't primarily involve drinking. Oh 30m, slimish (although missus says i've put on some weight), dark hair but I have the very occasional white hair...

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest Noodle

Does the PM system allow attachments? Might be a bandwidth issue. :o

I'm not bright enough to figure all that out.

HOLA4416

But seriously single types, go salsa dancing, rock climbing or do some other social hobby that doesn't primarily involve drinking...

Can you imagine going rock climbing with some of the loony 20-something clueless space-cadet girls you're likely to meet in a bar? Adds a certain frisson to the belaying.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest Noodle

Thanks Noodle - but please post a photo first. :)

Oh I can't even get it up now love. It's hopeless.

Are you any good with a hoe . . . ummmm . . . I mean for weeding? I'll push the mower.

HOLA4420

Can you imagine going rock climbing with some of the loony 20-something clueless space-cadet girls you're likely to meet in a bar? Adds a certain frisson to the belaying.

You get a good cop at there bum, you are seen as the expert that is teaching them something new, and it gets there adrenaline/endorphins flowing. Been there done that...

HOLA4421
Guest Noodle

How do you know you don't drool in your sleep? It might just evaporate before you wake up.

I've never had breakfast in Tescos but I have had breakfast in Asdas.

. . . you chav.

HOLA4422

Oh I can't even get it up now love. It's hopeless.

Are you any good with a hoe . . . ummmm . . . I mean for weeding? I'll push the mower.

Now there you go again - its like reading that thread on a surprise reversal in securitised loans - I haven't a clue what you're talking about. :unsure:

HOLA4423

Take up rock climbing.

Seriously.

In the UK climbing scene the average IQ is up in the 130s I should think, they're not all brilliantly-adjusted, lots of geeks, but lots and lots of boyfriend material for a nice intelligent girl like you. If you have a fear of heights, this will actually increase what you get out of it, some girlies are practically gagging for it after a particularly hair-raising climb and can't wait to get back to the tent, I kid you not.

Lots of weekends away doing fun stuff with good people, camping, walking, drinking, surfing, jumping from cliffs into the sea, etc etc.

Not that much competition either, it's male-dominated so you'll be in demand.

It's only unsafe if you're stupid, and it's much more fun than you can imagine.

I'd willingly take you out climbing myself if I wasn't living abroad, in my forties and married (to a pestilential woman) with a beautiful child!

Edit :

Oh the profile stuff...

I look alright, so I'm told, a tall greying Statham with blue eyes, muscled from swimming a lot at present. TBM as they say on French dating sites.. Solvent, quite bright, fairly cheery when not pestered too much, bit spockish.

However couldn't recommend myself to anyone for anything more than a good sh*g, have considerable baggage, definitely no good for mmm..beer.

HOLA4424

You get a good cop at there bum,

Cycling (with a group, obviously) is much the same. Although seeing as most people in cycling clubs are middle aged blokes, the appeal is generally somewhat limited (to people who fancy middleaged blokes with tight bums). But when you do get lucky, it gets very motivating.

HOLA4425
Guest Noodle

Now there you go again - its like reading that thread on a surprise reversal in securitised loans - I haven't a clue what you're talking about. :unsure:

Gardening . . . on the flat, it's flat here, no uphills.

Archived