House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

Deluded Old Wassocks On Dating Sites

A divorced friend of mine in her 50s signed up for a few dating sites and was gobsmacked at the temerity of the male 'hopefuls' on there. Men in their 80s wanting women 50 - 60!!

Yeah, right!rolleyes.gif

It seems that no one under 60 wanted to have anything to do with a woman her age, despite her having a trim figure and good personality.

She went on several dates which were flops as the guys were VERY unprepossessing: No conversation, pretty plain to look at, nothing like their photos which must have been taken 20 years earlier in a hall of mirrors, as they seemed a good couple of stones heavier.dry.gif

She has been seeing her ex. again for a while now - realising that some differences can be worked at - some cant! - and did make the comment - along the lines of - there are a lot of deluded guys out there that imagine they are entitled to someone far:

younger...slimmer... better looking...better set up career-wise - than them.

I dunno. Maybe it is us mothers, giving our sons a false sense of superiority when we are only trying to give them confidence.unsure.gif

I believe the phrase 'There's no fool like an old fool' relates to old blokes and their unrealisitic attempts to secure a younger partner. In days gone by, when men tended to hold a lot more of the money and power in relationships, maybe they got lucky with their attitudes. Blame the fact that these old fools havent quite adapted to the second half of the 20th century yet?

Your dream date is but a few clicks away ...............JUST HIRE THEM!

I know a guy whom was in his 50's, he let flats & he let one to a nice girl in her 20's from Poland..........Yep............then "suddenly" she with (his) child........then she hits him for most of what he got!

If he "rented" he could could have had a pick of 120+

Mike

I find that older men find it far more difficult to live on their own especially if they are recently widowed and their wife did everything for them...they lack basic housekeeping skills, then start to panic to find someone who can look after them in their old age. ;)

Guest Noodle

A divorced friend of mine in her 50s signed up for a few dating sites and was gobsmacked at the temerity of the male 'hopefuls' on there. Men in their 80s wanting women 50 - 60!!

Yeah, right!rolleyes.gif

It seems that no one under 60 wanted to have anything to do with a woman her age, despite her having a trim figure and good personality.

She went on several dates which were flops as the guys were VERY unprepossessing: No conversation, pretty plain to look at, nothing like their photos which must have been taken 20 years earlier in a hall of mirrors, as they seemed a good couple of stones heavier.dry.gif

She has been seeing her ex. again for a while now - realising that some differences can be worked at - some cant! - and did make the comment - along the lines of - there are a lot of deluded guys out there that imagine they are entitled to someone far:

younger...slimmer... better looking...better set up career-wise - than them.

I dunno. Maybe it is us mothers, giving our sons a false sense of superiority when we are only trying to give them confidence.unsure.gif

There's 18 year olds here advertising for men in their 80's. :blink:

There's 18 year olds here advertising for men in their 80's. :blink:

I think that's common in Italy according to Helenreed, something to do with inheriting public sector pensions.....

Guest Noodle

I think that's common in Italy according to Helenreed, something to do with inheriting public sector pensions.....

Flip side to this for younger males if they can handle a bit of road kill.

That's amazing if true. So the actuaries bank on 15 years of pension payout, say, when in reality it is more like 50 years! Good while it lasts.

From the age of 15 to about 30, if they're half decent, women know that most men will be putty in their hands. A lot of blokes their own age can't get anyone because the girls they want are busy off chasing rugger buggers. Once they get bored of this (perhaps find them a bit shallow), and they want to settle down (lat twenties / early thirties), women bemoan the fact that they can't get a decent bloke. In reality a lot of these blokes are only starting to play the field, as its their first chance to.. A lot of blokes then play catch up...

Do blokes age better than women & do younger women lust after older blokes, rather than an older ones?

Plenty of precedent for that

laugh.gif

Well lads, 40 years ago I was one of the "grisettes" depicted here!wink.gif Showing a lot more leg tho'. The 'crit' for the Manchester Guardian likened us to the Television Toppers.biggrin.gif

Ah! my good old days.huh.gif

I find that older men find it far more difficult to live on their own especially if they are recently widowed and their wife did everything for them...they lack basic housekeeping skills, then start to panic to find someone who can look after them in their old age. wink.gif

Would agree with that. So what we need is yoinger birds happy to look after this. And older blokes with wads of cash to return the favour. I am sure it happens and I am sure it works for many.

Well lads, 40 years ago I was one of the "grisettes" depicted here!wink.gif Showing a lot more leg tho'. The 'crit' for the Manchester Guardian likened us to the Television Toppers.

Hehe!

Quite a lot more recently I was Cascada, a minor character: one of a double-act of buffoons who shower the girl with flattery and get exactly nowhere. Typecast again :wacko:

I've browsed these dating sites. How come men always put themselves as 100 times more attractive then their photos show them to be? Truly deluded.<_<

I've browsed these dating sites. How come men always put themselves as 100 times more attractive then their photos show them to be? Truly deluded.<_<

It's like broadband speed, or published vehicle MPG figures! :huh:

laugh.gif

Well lads, 40 years ago I was one of the "grisettes" depicted here!wink.gif Showing a lot more leg tho'. The 'crit' for the Manchester Guardian likened us to the Television Toppers.biggrin.gif

Ah! my good old days.huh.gif

was you the fat bird with big tits ?

was you the fat bird with big tits ?

Ha-ha, very funny.tongue.gif

Nope. You tube did not exist when I did 'my bit' for Am Dram.

At over 5 feet 6 inches and just under 8 stone, I was built like Mrs Peel. Lean and lithe.wink.gif

Not now tho'.huh.gif

Yummy.

I want a time machine.

You aren't the only one!tongue.gif

Ha-ha, very funny.tongue.gif

Nope. You tube did not exist when I did 'my bit' for Am Dram.

At over 5 feet 6 inches and just under 8 stone, I was built like Mrs Peel. Lean and lithe.wink.gif

Not now tho'.huh.gif

So you are now Scrap and your avatar "abfab" proves the deluded bit kinda why i started the other thread :lol:

Not so sure - average men are much more likely to describe themselves as average

But all women are attractive / very attractive! :lol:

So you are now Scrap and your avatar "abfab" proves the deluded bit kinda why i started the other thread laugh.gif

Nope. I don't smoke or drink on a regular basis, and I have never been to the tropics.Consequently my skin is younger than Ms. Lumley and I have my own teeth still as she does - do you?

Granted I am not the gal I was, but I got chatted up by a man 20 years younger than me recently.He was gobsmacked when I told him my age. biggrin.gif

The fact that you made these comments leads me to believe you are a bit of a minger, who is outraged at having other mingers pass themselves off as better than they are. You want summat for nowt.

Same old - same old.

You don't have to be old to be beyond being fancied.I have had my moments. You still seem to be trying to have yours. I might be a has-been, but it is better than being a never-will-be.

Nope. I don't smoke or drink on a regular basis, and I have never been to the tropics.Consequently my skin is younger than Ms. Lumley and I have my own teeth still as she does - do you?

Granted I am not the gal I was, but I got chatted up by a man 20 years younger than me recently.He was gobsmacked when I told him my age. biggrin.gif

The fact that you made these comments leads me to believe you are a bit of a minger, who is outraged at having other mingers pass themselves off as better than they are. You want summat for nowt.

Same old - same old.

You don't have to be old to be beyond being fancied.I have had my moments. You still seem to be trying to have yours. I might be a has-been, but it is better than being a never-will-be.

Think you need to reread my op on the other thread, like i said all my exes have been attractive to very attractive, I did have a date with a very attractive woman from the site but she had two kids and wanted someone who would involve themselves with them (fair enough) but not for me .

I dont have problems meeting women i was just new to the area and with no friends here at the time, I have in general dated more attractive women than my more handsome friends, as i have found out that many of the most attractive women actually prefer a rugged looking man who looks after himself to some preening pretty boy who spend more time in front of a mirror than they do.

My issue was with the fact that as i am 42 (but in good shape, love my snowboarding,mountainbiking and the gym) lots of women older than me with all kinds of baggage and who looked and dressed like mrs doubtfire or mrs merton,i mean proper hattie jaques matronly types, fat and ugly with nothing to offer actually got pissy with me on a few occassions as i had not responded to their messages or requests to chat on IM.

I stand by my original observation, but in no way am i saying these sites are not without bald overweight unattractive guys who will try their luck with younger more attractive women the DIFFERENCE is they generally don,t actually belive they are entitled to a fair princess with the same level of delusions of grandeur and arrogance that you find in so many unattractive women. Maybe their farthers told them they were the most beutifull girl in the world and they just carried on believing it , who knows?